• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NEW IMPROVED EVGA 970's ARE ON THERE WAY!!! **

There is actually nothing on the list currently for you to step up to. The card you have bought is higher spec than anything on the list currently. If something new did launch in the coming months we of course add cards as we see demand or need.

Usually we try to add 1-2 skus per GPU depending how popular. Obviously GTX970 is very popular so lots of options especially as we have also changed design.

The whole idea of step up is to protect our customers and give them assurances if they buy the latest and greatest card per their budget, they will be able to have the latest and greatest in 3 months time.

I hope this helps
Ben

Yep that's fine :) I was mostly unsure if an 8Gb or Ti 980 could show up in the coming months so it's good to have some peace of mind. Thanks for the help. Look forward to it arriving tomorrow ^_^

Hi Guy

This is one for Dominik I am afraid I work in sales and based in the UK. I am only in the office once a month or so in Munich. It is Monday so usually they are clearing emails from the weekend and catching up a little but Dom will be back to you either before close tonight or early tomorrow.

Ben

that's great ben thank you! thanks for getting back to me also.

Hi Guy

This is one for Dominik I am afraid I work in sales and based in the UK. I am only in the office once a month or so in Munich. It is Monday so usually they are clearing emails from the weekend and catching up a little but Dom will be back to you either before close tonight or early tomorrow.

Ben

Hi,

I am sorry but we are not allowed to give information to third partys about RMAs, in case the card got send to us via the store you are the third party. Generally we are always pretty quick on RMAs, also for the chanel, at the moment there is just a slight delay because of 970s... Normally if it is not replaced already it should get replaced within the next week. Generally I would always suggest to contact us directly at [email protected] specially with a "minor" issue like the fan we are often able to send you spare parts and you can exchange them yourself, then you will not have any downtime with your system.

Hi,

I am sorry but we are not allowed to give information to third partys about RMAs, in case the card got send to us via the store you are the third party. Generally we are always pretty quick on RMAs, also for the chanel, at the moment there is just a slight delay because of 970s... Normally if it is not replaced already it should get replaced within the next week. Generally I would always suggest to contact us directly at [email protected] specially with a "minor" issue like the fan we are often able to send you spare parts and you can exchange them yourself, then you will not have any downtime with your system.

I wouldn't have a clue how to fit a fan ect :(

I would be scared in case I broke it or done something wrong, then I would be screwed.

I wouldn't have a clue how to fit a fan ect :(

I would be scared in case I broke it or done something wrong, then I would be screwed.

Hi

Of course this option is not for everyone, as Dominik says it is just for those who are confident in knowing what they are doing and thus have a really limited downtime with their system.

Of course normal RMA is also available under this situation.

Thanks
Ben

ok trigger pulled on a FTW+, hopefully it will be here tomorrow, OcUK got my money because of how they handled the 970 issues with their customer service and EVGA because of the extra warranty and being one of the 1st to look after their customers too. Hopefully all goes smoothly and will prepare me for the rest of my PC build next month

Well my card has arrived, nice work OcUK, less than 24hrs :)

Will be giving it a whirl this evening while explaining to the wife that it hardly cost anything......

I'm not sure if my fans are working properly as I don't think they are kicking in at 60 oC, do people do the benchmarks with the fans at 100%? is there at setting that I need to enable somewhere ?

Last edited:
I'm wondering if its because it's may be set to the performance bios rather than the normal one where it's supposed to kick in at 60, as by my understanding I have to set the fan speed in the performance one, I think i'll have to investigate this evening

Hi, so at the left BIOS the Semi passive profile is flashed and the fans do kick in at 66 degree. On the right BIOS is the performance BIOS flashed, there is the auto fan profile setup that it do always spin. If there are issues about monitoring those numbers I would suggest to clean out all old driver with a third party tool like driver fusion and just download and install the latest version again. Please do also clean out all tools that do have access to the graphics card like precision, GPUz aso and just download and install the latest Precision for testing.

Back
Top Bottom