New Job: Self Employed Multi Drop Driver

Soldato
The parcel industry is basically on a race to the bottom over prices. Hence why City Link went bust. These self-employed contracts are just another cost saving measure by withholding basic employee rights like holiday/sick pay/pension.

It's a mugs game really. You'll be encouraged to get rid of packages wherever possible but if there's too many complaints of items going missing you'll be the prime suspect and could see your job disappear.

I would only do it as a stop-gap and pursue a permanent job with a decent firm like UPS/DPD/DHL/Parcelforce.

Soldato
OP
Yeah the pay is £80/day, I have seen other courier jobs advertised at £120/day. The advert I got for this job said upto £150/day. Anyway, this is my first (legal) job.

[TW]Fox;28855090 said:
Who pays for the vehicle?

They do. I get given it to take home. They pay insurance.

Soldato
I've been interesting in doing the same thing but the amount of parcels expected to be delivered is absurd and the money is not exactly a high motivator, especially when you can sit on a checkout at Lidl for £9+ an hour.

Suspended
Yeah the pay is £80/day, I have seen other courier jobs advertised at £120/day. The advert I got for this job said upto £150/day. Anyway, this is my first (legal) job.

Yeah, upto. That's if you do a stupid amount of drops. They are decieving adverts and self employed basis as mentioned by someone above is bad because they can take the **** of you. a lot of these companies only pay fuel per mile/drop also.

Back
Top Bottom