New Job: Self Employed Multi Drop Driver

Soldato
OP
Hey guys. I have been doing this job for awhile now. It's a great job it really is and I do it to the best of my ability. The pay is £100/day and we pay £180/week for our van hire. I lease a Ford Transit.

People here were saying 160 drops a day is a lot and it is and if I was lucky I would be doing 60 drops a day. I leave mine at 8am, I get into the depot at 8.30am. I load my van which is usally 160+ parcels. Then I start my route and I am driving all day and all night. If I am lucky I get home about 8pmish which is rare. It's often 9.30pm-10.30pm.

It's 12-16hr shifts it looks. No sick pay or holiday pay either. Unless you drive over the speed limit it's hard to meet thier expectations. I have noticed a lot of people being sacked as they aren't quick enough.

I never leave parcels on front doors or in porches and I still get some concessions. I have had a few missing parcels lately and I am suspended until Amazon investigate it. I have geo code information stating it was delivered AT THAT address and a signature.

I loved this job but treating their drivers like thieves with no proof and just going by the customers word? I am waiting on this outcome but until then I am getting £0/day, have rent to pay, bills and they probably expect me to pay for that van. I am going to goto the police station tomorrow and hopefully they will help.

My boss hasn't even paid my last weeks wages into my bank! I have another job lined up but if you leave this company in 3months they take money off you for training days and CRB checks/drug/alcohol tests

Caporegime
This was a crap job 20years ago long before the likes of Amazon / Hermes ruined the rates!

I started out doing multi drop for ANC (now Fed Ex) 60-80 drops per day but used to clear well over £300 p/wk after tax & NI (I was employed) and still got to use my van at weekends, 20 years ago!

The hgv trunk drivers were on a lot more money for much less work, took that route and have never looked back.

I'm writing this whilst loading at an Amazon depot (I'm sat in my cab drinking coffee waiting for my trailer to be loaded, all I do is couple up, I don't touch the load whatsoever) I feel sorry for the poor sods like Tony who have the joy of delivering these parcels tomorrow!

Absolute mugs game multi drop these days, I wouldn't advise anybody to do it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Iv missed you tony, 5* Thread. Sorry for your suspension from them but we all expected it from sounds of it including me.

If my amazon stuff is late or missing u can be sure im after there drivers career! And i know im not alone

Soldato
I really hate Amazon. I refuse to order any more from them and will cancel my Prime membership with immediate effect.

But wait, I've just seen a deal and I want to buy something I'll never use, but it's cheap. Amazon I love you, all is forgiven xxx

Soldato
Wow, this sounds like an awful job. 100 a day, so 500 a week for 12-14hr days, and you pay 180 back for the van? Noooo thank you. Those numbers are all wrong.
I don't care if it's a first job, anything would be better than those.

Back
Top Bottom