** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
Hi All,

Nik is right - the initial stock incomming to the UK was only 20 units unfortunately however we have 100 units landing in September - currently arriving to LG w/c 23rd September but i'm working with my logistics team to bring this forward as I know you guys have been waiting patiently for this.
Any updates you will be the first to know.

Soldato
Hi All,

Nik is right - the initial stock incomming to the UK was only 20 units unfortunately however we have 100 units landing in September - currently arriving to LG w/c 23rd September but i'm working with my logistics team to bring this forward as I know you guys have been waiting patiently for this.
Any updates you will be the first to know.
Is 100 units going to be enough to cover everyone who pre ordered? If not how do we find out if we have to wait for the 3rd wave?

Soldato
I’ll be waiting for a few user reviews before I consider this, I really hope it turns out good because feature wise and price looks bang on. Love my LG OLED so hoping this has good build/image quality.

Associate
That's...not encouraging.

I also have a couple of likely dumb questions; does it come with a cable or will I have to buy a DisplayPort one myself? Also, is there a way to find out where we are in the queue?

Associate
So colours look great and response times look good but I don't know about you guys but my panel has a distracting amount of ips glow. This is my first ips panel so I'm not sure if this amount is normal.

https://imgur.com/4cOsXEx
I made a mistake and said back light bleed in my impressions earlier, I should have said I have some IPS glow but I wouldn't say it is distracting. It's only really visible when there's light casting on the screen.

It does come with a DP cable and HDMI.

Associate
It seems companies, regardless who they are, don't seem to be able to get IPS right, unless its a pro screen and costing much more, then QC comes in last place....

Man of Honour
So colours look great and response times look good but I don't know about you guys but my panel has a distracting amount of ips glow. This is my first ips panel so I'm not sure if this amount is normal.

https://imgur.com/4cOsXEx
Why are you viewing the screen from such a wide angle in a dark room? :) IPS glow like that in those conditions is always going to be evident, it’s just a feature of the panel tech

Associate
Why are you viewing the screen from such a wide angle in a dark room? :) IPS glow like that in those conditions is always going to be evident, it’s just a feature of the panel tech
Strongly disagree, I have owned several Dell Ultrasharp's over the years and none of them do that from any angle, even the Aorus ad27qd wasn't that severe, That's very poor imo

Soldato
To compare with other IPS models you'd need to know what brightness settings are being used on the monitor. You'd also need to account for the fact the camera is likely over-exposing the image. That looks entirely typical for what you'd capture with a camera (possibly overexposed) from that sort of sharp angle and at relatively close proximity on an IPS-type panel.

Associate
To compare with other IPS models you'd need to know what brightness settings are being used on the monitor. You'd also need to account for the fact the camera is likely over-exposing the image. That looks entirely typical for what you'd capture with a camera (possibly overexposed) from that sort of sharp angle on an IPS-type panel.

Ultrasharps use Lg panels also and the ones I own are rated at 350 cd/m² same as this and even at max brightness no such silver sheen. I will wait until nighttime and take some pictures using 100% brightness and even overexposed just to demonstrate that no IPS do not all have that, it's not acceptable. This is precisely why I don't trust review places like TFT Central, they think 120 cd/m² is normal monitor usage which it's not, it's far far too dim for the majority of users. So, of course, such reviewers say that their panels exhibited no real glow or bleed because they have essentially dimmed the monitors right down to an extremely low brightness level.

Soldato
Ultrasharps use Lg panels also and the ones I own are rated at 350 cd/m² same as this and even at max brightness no such silver sheen. I will wait until nighttime and take some pictures using 100% brightness and even overexposed just to demonstrate that no IPS do not all have that, it's not acceptable. This is precisely why I don't trust review places like TFT Central, they think 120 cd/m² is normal monitor usage which it's not, it's far far too dim for the majority of users. So, of course, such reviewers say that their panels exhibited no real glow or bleed because they have essentially dimmed the monitors right down to an extremely low brightness level.

Some use Samsung PLS panels. I've used a large number of Dell UltraSharps and various other IPS-type models. I'm also experienced with photographing and videoing monitors. Any user can type [Dell model number] IPS glow into Google image search and they'll see some horrendous examples simply because the photos are taken from an angle or with poor exposure. There is no IPS-type model I've come across that wouldn't show an obvious bloom from close proximity and at such a sharp angle as this photo. The sheen may not be as cool-tinted depending on the backlight used and the position of the screen you're observing. But it will certainly be there and it would be easy to pick it up with a camera under similar conditions to the photo.

Well, I can say for certain that my monitor looks nowhere near as bad as that photo.

No doubt, the photo is an awful representation of how things actually look from a normal viewing position.

Associate
No doubt, the photo is an awful representation of how things actually look from a normal viewing position.
I did try to get my own photo that looks more true to life, but even setting the exposure and shutter speed manually I couldn't get anything realistic.

Associate
This is what a typical Samsung pls panel looks like on a very low exposure shot and

Here is a dell ultrasharp taken in near enough the same place in game same low exposure and huge difference both same brightness btw . Heck I'll even make a video if you want further proof that IPS panels can have literally little to no glow. Saying the above is acceptable or not a real representation is rubbish and why manufacturers get away with such shoddy quality control.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom