** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

arx

arx

Associate
Safe bet to assume before Christmas? The OCUK folks don’t know how much it means to us just to let us know what the current situation is, it would really be nice if they just let everyone know.

arx

arx

Associate
I guess I’ll just have to hope and pray that these monitors will somehow be released from preorder status by Christmas as the anxiety of waiting all that time to have a damaged or defected monitor is too painful to imagine after spending £700 on a xb271hu and have the worse colour banding.

Associate
UPDATE ON LG REPAIR PROCESS

LG decided to take my monitor in for repair, and deemed it faulty (scratches). They've just rang me to tell me that an ETA on a repair (for them to get a replacement panel) is NOVEMBER.

Basically if you get a faulty monitor you're ****** until Nov/Dec whether you wait for a replacement or try get it repaired through LG.

I'll be contacting ocuk tomorrow to see what can be done as I'm becoming frustrated, as i was #3 in the pre order list and I still haven't received a none faulty of monitor.

:(

RSR

RSR

Soldato
It is guaranteed you’ll get a new monitor right if your’s is damaged?

Yes, you should do.

However, if you ordered it in July thats getting for 6 months till they could supply a monitor that's beyond shocking.

Associate
Once again I feel bad for the peps that have to wait for end November for repair/replacement :(

But with all this going on for months now I would at least expect OCUK to refund delivery cost. Next day delivery but being told at least 5 different dates of when the monitor would ship....

Associate
Got off the phone with ocuk. Looking like if nobody cancels that's in the next batch (22) or the they dont get extra, I'm going to have to wait until November.

Ordered 3rd of July (day 1) and I still don't have a fault free panel.

Sales CS team are great though.

QQ

Last edited:

RSR

RSR

Soldato
But with all this going on for months now I would at least expect OCUK to refund delivery cost. Next day delivery but being told at least 5 different dates of when the monitor would ship....

A simple communication update would aid the problems but alias nothing.....

Ive been offered a refund or replacement for mine but with no ETA on when I would get it, mind was a July order as well.

So I’ll try LG to see what they say.

Associate
A simple communication update would aid the problems but alias nothing.....

Ive been offered a refund or replacement for mine but with no ETA on when I would get it, mind was a July order as well.

So I’ll try LG to see what they say.
Most likely November batch? I guess they would place everyone with faulty monitors at the end of queue, last I heard there's 300 units arriving end november and 30ish end of october

Associate
We've seen late october, early november, mid- and mid-end of november from OCUK pre-order updates and support, are they just pushing it back further and further?

I honestly do not understand why 1day delivery isnt being refunded when even people who ordered when it was "available" didn't get it "next day" or even that month lmao

Associate
Does LG 27GL850 got the same issue as AUO's panel ?
Do we have again the deviation from centre at the extremities of the panel (warm on the left and cool on the right) ?
Is there always the cropped line in the center, appearing on either side of the monitor ?
Any sharpness problem ? Text being fuzzy on the left part of the monitor ?
What about QC ? (bleeding, glow)

For 34GK950, issues known are:
- scanlines
- sleep mode

Last edited:
Associate
Does LG 27GL850 got the same issue as AUO's panel ?
Do we have again the deviation from centre at the extremities of the panel (warm on the left and cool on the right) ?
Is there always the cropped line in the center, appearing on either side of the monitor ?
Any sharpness problem ? Text being fuzzy on the left part of the monitor ?
What about QC ? (bleeding, glow)

For 34GK950, issues known are:
- scanlines
- sleep mode

Isn't it an LG panel? So these issues probably won't be present?

Associate
Isn't it an LG panel? So these issues probably won't be present?
Consumers expected this but reality is not what it is.

After several months of use, scanlines are developped in uwqd 34GK950 with LG panel, even with no g-gsync !

Since the LG 27GL850 is new, could we expect the same problems as the previous gaming IPS monitors (from AUO panel) ?
All reviewers said there is always a bad uniformity, a pretty bad backlight bleed so we could expect a warm color on the left and cool and the right.
Soon, it will be sharpness text...
Then, after several month of use, consumers may see the cropped line...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom