** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
About: LG 27GL850
There is uniformity issue confirmed by rtings's review. Some consumers also complain yellow tint on white paper. The panel lottery is still a thing.
It's remind me the beginning of AUO panels..
Today, consumers are more focused on DCI-P3 color gamut, 1ms latency, HDR stuff than comparing sharpness, uniformity.
Then as tomuks said, we just need to wait 6 months to see what it ll be about bugs..

About: LG 34GK950
In the beginning, everybody was saying, the monitor is amazing...
Past 6 months, consumers start to see issues as scanlines, you can read thread on reddit :
https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidem..._lg_34gk950fb_failing_panel_horizontal_lines/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/ddguhd/lg34gk950fb_weird_lines_across_screen/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/dfkpdr/lg_34gk950fb_wake_from_sleep_problem/

Panel uniformity is an absolute joke really. Its got to a point where you'll never get a panel completely uniform no matter what. I guess this is down to the 'Gaming' high refresh rate.

Soldato
Ha ha funny story I updated from exactly the same monitor, now using benq as 2nd monitor, the difference in colour is just massive :D

Ah nice, glad you saw my post :) Any other comparisons between the BenQ and LG? Any difference in responsiveness, contrast, motion blur etc?

Soldato
For anyone wondering, the 27GL850 is fully compatible with the AmazonBasics VESA stand, upgraded the monitor with one today and it's working good. Sounds crazy but having a proper stand instead of a "gaming" stand actually makes the monitor feel more premium, now it feels more like an Ultrasharp with gaming features rather than just a good gaming screen.

Comparison:
DSC-0830.jpg

Before:
DSC-0831.jpg

After:
DSC-0832.jpg

Complete:
DSC-0834.jpg

Associate
So is the LG 27 inch ips just as bad as the ole acer predators and the like glow / blb wise?
See the pic I poster earlier, no idea how much of blb/glow that gives , also my phone overexposed that by a lot, in normal conditions like 20% brightness I can't see anything really.

Associate
I'm still wanting a 1440p ips monitor.

This thread just puts me off trying. Cant be bothered with panel lotteries when working 12h a day while being a dad and all the stresses life chucks.

Soldato
I was looking at monitors about 3 months ago and this came up as a good option for my needs - AMD FS + GS compatible; 144Hz, 27", IPS (I choose good colours over blacks /contrast). I was also recommended some Nitro monitors.

However it is still pre-order? It seems it's been released but it's listed as "pre-order"? Does that mean it is "very" out of stock rather than 'getting a delivery next week' kind of out of stock? Any ideas when it will be back in?

edit - people ordered in August and haven't got it yet!??!

Seems a mixed reception in this thread but I'm coming from quite an old and basic 27" 1080p 60Hz screen.

Any alternatives to this LG screen?

Associate
I was looking at monitors about 3 months ago and this came up as a good option for my needs - AMD FS + GS compatible; 144Hz, 27", IPS (I choose good colours over blacks /contrast). I was also recommended some Nitro monitors.

However it is still pre-order? It seems it's been released but it's listed as "pre-order"? Does that mean it is "very" out of stock rather than 'getting a delivery next week' kind of out of stock? Any ideas when it will be back in?

edit - people ordered in August and haven't got it yet!??!

Seems a mixed reception in this thread but I'm coming from quite an old and basic 27" 1080p 60Hz screen.

Any alternatives to this LG screen?
I think everyone who ordered in July/August got theirs - correct me if wrong.
This monitor has been in high demand and it's OC.UK exclusive here, without linking any competitors etc i'd say to check r/monitors - reddit.

Associate
Anyone upgraded from a similar 1440 27” TN 144hz panel to this?

I upgraded from an Asus ROG Swift PG278 to the LG 27GL850-B. I would agree with Tomuks post below, colours were the biggest improvement for me, with the only slight downside being a little more glare (I guess due to the thinner AG coating vs the TN panel)

Just got mine, NO shipping damage, no BLB at least now in dimmed room, will check again on night time.. everything looks really nice, cant even compare to my old TN panel, which was/is pretty decent actually :D factory calibration on RGB spot on, didnt even need to change any RGB settings on display, nice colour gamut https://prnt.sc/pfyy3t vs my 4years old TN panel https://prnt.sc/pfz01u. also can't say contrast is bad, of course not OLED, but no problems at all ;)

Can anyone comment on how the g sync feels compared to a monitor with a full g sync chip in there, I have an xb271hu and I’m wondering how the experience will compare? How does setting up g sync work, is it the same where you just plug in the monitor an nvidia control panel will just say “configure g sync monitor?”

I was worried about this, but to be honest there is no difference at all. It works exactly the same way, just set up and forget - haven't had a problem since!

Associate
Just noticed on the amazon US there's plenty in stock but not uk... pity..

You can get it earlier if you wanna pay bit more

SHA

SHA

Associate
Just noticed on the amazon US there's plenty in stock but not uk... pity..

You can get it earlier if you wanna pay bit more

I've just called OC and they said it will gonna be restocked in the middle of Nov.
Added that there will be enough stocks to cover all customers who pre-ordered.

Back
Top Bottom