** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
You had it 2 weeks so hopefully you should get a replacement asap.

Edit:

Looks like the mini DP on laptop has died. Connecting the monitor via HDMI works, Still can't explain the whole ( no power no led issue ) I also changed to another power socket and everything seems normal? Will update in case something's up.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh man, what a disappointment. And it is out of stock, which I don't understand. They have lots of stock in Spain, same in France and Germany. What is going on? Why can't Overclockers get enough stock?

Soldato
It would be nice to have a explanation as to why they aren't getting enough stock when like you say there is surplus stock in other countries.

Associate
To all of you waiting for it, why not just order it from... other stores? 850 and 830A became available in quite large quanitities in other stores,

Associate
Only the 27GL83A comes to mind. There's also a ViewSonic panel coming up that uses the same screen as the LG but has an actual G-sync model in it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceWf-ePYEp0&t=832s

This is, if you don't mind the lower contrast.

If you do, every other monitor you see at this price range will do, since they all use the same Innolux screen.

The Asus Tuf, the Aorus, the Pixio Prime. They all have similar specs, slower, but with better contrast.

Thanks for your reply.

Yeh i am considering the Aorus AD model currently on offer via amazon and, seeing as its basically same as the newer F model, its an option.
I've heard that the ROG SWIFT PG279Q is better but its currently 600 poundish which id reluctant to spend.
I have recently seen a few reviews of a new BENQ EX2780Q, one of which said its the same panel as the lg!
The reviews arent to the same standard as Hardware Unboxed or the like. Some of them demo the monitor exclusively with Xbox/PS4 and Switch in fact the majority of liked the "HRDi" which is clearly rubbish, so i dont really know if it is good or not.
Ye i have seen the LG 27gl83a-b, i understand its the 850 but with sRGB only and therefore cheaper, which would be fine for me...if it were actually available i could consider it!

So basically, for me, its down to...
AD27QD-EK £435
PG2780Q £600
27gl850 £470 Wait till december via OC
I have noticed amazon have got 2 lgs for sale via an import third party for £493.71 + £23.34 Shipping, which im seriously considering.

Ive been planning and researching for months and with black friday deals here now, climaxing with my birthday, i want to pull the trigger now really.

The Aorus at its current price is tempting, what do you think? I'm going to look into importing a LG from Europe and decide soon.

Soldato
Thanks for your reply.

Yeh i am considering the Aorus AD model currently on offer via amazon and, seeing as its basically same as the newer F model, its an option.
I've heard that the ROG SWIFT PG279Q is better but its currently 600 poundish which id reluctant to spend.
I have recently seen a few reviews of a new BENQ EX2780Q, one of which said its the same panel as the lg!
The reviews arent to the same standard as Hardware Unboxed or the like. Some of them demo the monitor exclusively with Xbox/PS4 and Switch in fact the majority of liked the "HRDi" which is clearly rubbish, so i dont really know if it is good or not.
Ye i have seen the LG 27gl83a-b, i understand its the 850 but with sRGB only and therefore cheaper, which would be fine for me...if it were actually available i could consider it!

So basically, for me, its down to...
AD27QD-EK £435
PG2780Q £600
27gl850 £470 Wait till december via OC
I have noticed amazon have got 2 lgs for sale via an import third party for £493.71 + £23.34 Shipping, which im seriously considering.

Ive been planning and researching for months and with black friday deals here now, climaxing with my birthday, i want to pull the trigger now really.

The Aorus at its current price is tempting, what do you think? I'm going to look into importing a LG from Europe and decide soon.

After weeks of waiting and deciding, ive gone for the import route, LG as well which i swore i would never buy again.
Just hope its a decent panel and free from dead pixels and the like.
Arriving sunday, ordered yesterday. Uk stock is shocking to say the least.

Associate
After weeks of waiting and deciding, ive gone for the import route, LG as well which i swore i would never buy again.
Just hope its a decent panel and free from dead pixels and the like.
Arriving sunday, ordered yesterday. Uk stock is shocking to say the least.

Do you know if it's free returns if there is an issue with dead pixels etc?

Associate
Just ordered LG 27GL850 and Gigabyte FI27Q-P. Once I get them, I will do a comparisons side to side and then decide on one of them. Both of them should be here at the end of the next week.
Buying monitors is damn exhaustive -.-

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom