1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by NikTheSHNIK, Jul 3, 2019.

1. boosfuk

Hitman

Would the volume control not be for the Headphone out?

2. A2Z

Sgarrista

Yea I got mine delivered yesterday on the 8th, got email few days ago saying dispatch got moved forward. It's still sitting in it's box though as I ordered it to where I'm moving to next week so will start using it when I move on the weekend.

3. A2Z

Sgarrista

Can't PM you... it's on the Rainforest.. as mentioned keep checking every few hours I got lucky about 1.30am.

4. Thekwango

Capodecina

As someone else mentioned it’ll be volume control for headphones. :)
    Speakers on a monitor are always gash so don’t be thinking you’re missing out on anything! :p

5. Thekwango

Capodecina

Well that’s pretty ******* inconsiderate. Could you not have had it delivered to where you are now, set it up and shown us a pic or 2 :p:p

Joking aside, I’d be getting all chewed up inside itching to get my hands on it if I were you.

6. Thekwango

Capodecina

Might want to edit out your reference dude. Competitor hinting is frowned on - a mod spots it you could get pulled on it.

7. A2Z

Sgarrista

Problem is the original earliest delivery date was the date I was moving to the new place.. perfect.. so I ordered it there. Once I found out delivery was coming early, it was too late to change the delivery address. Can't wait to start using it either!

Just did a search for the word.. and it's everywhere including this thread.. and loads of others... appreciate the heads up though. :)

8. docsonic

Wise Guy

Badass has issued a warning in this thread a few pages back.. jus sayin :)

9. Thekwango

Capodecina

it's one of those enigmas - you can talk about or hint towards them if talking about kettles, toasters crap like that that OcUK don't sell but mention them in relation to stuff they do sell and you can come a cropper. catch a mod on a bad day and you could get bum spanked and not in a fun sexual way :p

10. nomadd

Hitman

A forum search shows that "that term" still appears 499 times on OCUK.

I guess he's still working through the backlog.. :D

11. cadmunkey

Wise Guy

Have OCUK ever even sold the LG 27GL83A-B though? Thats the one A2Z was talking about.

12. Deluxe1

Soldato

No they haven't.

13. Bugbait

Gangster

From what I understand it's currently exclusive to another vendor, much like some models are exclusive to OCUK at present. Set mine up yesterday and quick pixel test shows no dead or stuck ones. Backlight seems reasonably uniform at a crazy 100 brightness and contrast. For now I've set it to 15 brightness and 70 contrast for normal use to match my LG 34GK950F.

14. ACTM

Associate

Just ordered the 27GL850-B, expected mid to late January :(

15. cadmunkey

Wise Guy

All this exclusivity crap is just LG's way of saying they cant supply models fast enough. Their stock levels are pretty frustrating.

16. Xystophori

Gangster

There are over 1000 replies

17. ACTM

Associate

Definitely, trying to get any brand that uses the same panel is a nightmare. The Viewsonic XG270QG is near enough vapourware and the Lenovo Y27Q-20 is also nonexistent in the U.K.

18. nomadd

Hitman

Yeah, it's getting like graphics card and high-end CPU launches - only the gushing tech. press seem to have any. :D

19. MeddlE

Wise Guy

Okay, who got the 27GL83A for £217 then? Was putting my payment details in when it went out of stock. I hope it was someone on here.

20. Thekwango

Capodecina

Assume it was a b grade product? Wouldn’t touch a b grade monitor with a barge pole tbh. Very high likelihood it suffers from dead pixel(s)/awful backlight or both.