New member? New build! Shinobi XL white + orange

Soldato
OP
aaah, yeah of course, the black slot is the native slot im guessing? never even thought about that! I just did it as i was doing the cooling, and it seemed a natural position, also, i was going to SLI so started with the orange slots for that...

im more than happy for some ideas also tim, once i had it built, i got lazy and just wanted to play with it, but il soon be itching to change things again!

also i will take some more pictures when ive finished with the fans at the top. i have been trying to do something with them all day, but i need to get some longer screws, hopefully i will be able to order some from somewhere!

the ssd's have been tucked between the mobo tray and the back case!

Last edited:
Associate
Ooh that looks really sleek, I'm not usually a huge fan of white colour schemes but really liking it with the orange and bits of black. What are those bits on the power cables that plug into the GPU? Like a little pull handle or something?

Associate
That honestly looks amazing. Love the splash of orange in there and to be honest, orange and white go together nicely.

This really makes me want to change from blue to orange, keep up the good work!

Soldato
OP
cheers guys!!

ive got an idea that i want to do, ive started it, but realised that my 31.5 mm screws just aint long enough. so now i have some new ones on order, it will hopefully bring some colour to the top of the case though, and finish the outside off.

I have been looking at it over the last couple of days, and realised its just not up to the standard that i want it.

Im actually going to take a full tool kit, and a few bits to i-series with me, so that i can rebuild there, whilst grabbing some help from other people, hopefully they can teach me how to route the cables better!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
well its I48 tomorrow (im going early arrival) and i was just about to start packing my computer up when i realized the top was very white wasnt happy with it, so decided to have a few RUSHED hours trying to mod it a little to add some orange before tomorrow....

BEFORE I START, IF ANYONE IS AT I-SERIES COME AND SAY HI!!!! IM SEAT H2-J10

so i got the (fake) dremal out and cut some holes into the top of the mesh, then sprayed 3 fan guards orange ( i did one of them a while back to see what the paint was like... its awesome, its the same paint as the Focus RS or ST or what ever it is!)

20130320_122323.jpg

i was looking at how i could tidy the holes up a little, i was thinking of using that edging, but it adds too much thickness to the mesh, so it sits funny on the fans =(

20130320_150142.jpg

In the end i just settled with being extra careful with the dremal and trying not to make a mess of it

20130320_150138.jpg

thought id try out 3 different paints, 2 different whites and an orange... the whites, although one tin is around 3 quid, the other around 12 quid, seem pretty much the same, no difference to my eye, the orange is awesome (although always looks gold in a photo)

i actually might keep them like this, rather than respraying the colour that looked best, i could have it so it goes white orange white, see what it looks like!

hmmm.jpg

a little preview of what the top will look like, it wont look so wonky, and will also have fans behind obviously so, im hoping it will look good!!

Soldato
OP
well, my rushed mod looks rather good if i do say so myself, hard to remember that its a shinobi XL now! I just want to find some new screws, they just dont look good enough with the massive head.

5358_10151415114582669_1224704226_n.jpg

Soldato
OP
haha, cheeers dude, my computer has actually had quite the reception, lots of people taking pictures, checking it out and the likes, 1 guy offering to pay me to build him a computer also!!

i must admit though, i think it does look a lot better in the flesh!

Soldato
OP
cheers buddy, ive just got back from a LAN and have had loads of interest in the build, OCUK actually took some pictures of it, so i wouldnt mind seeing them tbh!

ive also had a guy going to send me a substantial amount of money to build him a computer!!! cant wait to do that, im thinking water cooled titan build :D

Back
Top Bottom