New Minecraft 1.13.2 Vanilla server now up!

Soldato
OP
I spent a couple of days trying out a design for a witch farm where you have the option to either afk to get loot or use a looting sword to get loot faster. It's out at 1800 -1031 There are two portals to it. One off the ice road to the End portal at my base and one on top of the nether roof at 225 -127

Feel free to use the farm but you MUST turn it off before leaving. It's a slime sweeper design at they can break if mid tick when the chunk unloads.

Rates are ok. Not a patch on the farm Monty, Sylvet and I built way back when, but then that took almost 2 months of clearing work lol. I knocked this up in a couple of days!

This is one hour afk. I have done no testing with a looting sword though. Enjoy - Ham

fLG75cJ.png

Soldato
OP
omg 5 years ago.
#old

I know what you mean jelly bean! I do miss the Linktart days :'(

The current witch farm is producing 2300 items per hour. Checking back on the thread 5punk linked to, the old witch farm we built was churning out 8000 items per hour!!!!!! It's the sweepers and bubble streams that are slowing this one down (not that it can ever hope to reach 8k items ph) but I might look into changing the way the witches get moved. Currently the get funnelled into a single bubblevator fed from each side and they can be a little "difficult" in going into the stream. I may possibly redesign it to two separate bubblevators at a later date, but 2.3k items per hour should be ok.....(for now!!!!). I guess using a looting sword would massively improve drops. An auto clicker with food held in the off hand would work.

I'll keep this updated if I change it. Laters - Ham :)

Soldato
I know what you mean jelly bean! I do miss the Linktart days :'(

The current witch farm is producing 2300 items per hour. Checking back on the thread 5punk linked to, the old witch farm we built was churning out 8000 items per hour!!!!!! It's the sweepers and bubble streams that are slowing this one down (not that it can ever hope to reach 8k items ph) but I might look into changing the way the witches get moved. Currently the get funnelled into a single bubblevator fed from each side and they can be a little "difficult" in going into the stream. I may possibly redesign it to two separate bubblevators at a later date, but 2.3k items per hour should be ok.....(for now!!!!). I guess using a looting sword would massively improve drops. An auto clicker with food held in the off hand would work.

I'll keep this updated if I change it. Laters - Ham :)

AUTO CLICKER?!?

*Goes afk at wither farm for next 3 days*

Soldato
OP
AUTO CLICKER?!?

*Goes afk at wither farm for next 3 days*

*TPS on the server drops to like, 5*

Lol - don't forget you'll need food in your off hand, and a way to replenish it. Prolly a dropper with a timer on it and make sure to stand on a hopper to replenish the dropper with dropped items. You'll need your inv full as well. Not sure there's enough room at the Witherfarm for that due to the insane amount of redstone and hopper minecarts under the killing spot.

Can't remember how long it took for three stacks of skulls, but it wasn't long! Checking back on the thread, with the current rates 40 minutes should get you three stacks of skulls!

Soldato
OP
I dont have the attention span to pull it off anyway :)

You don't need attention to afk :p

Thought I'd try a looting sword at the witch farm. Only managed to get 5 mins in as these type of farms only really work when one person is overworld. Rates multiplied by 12 to get 60 mins of afk time are (and yes, this isn't a very scientific test due to the short time - bite me :p): Bracket number is amount auto killing

Eyes 5.8 (4)
Glow 7.3 (4.7)
Sugar 7.5 (5)
Bottles 6.2 (4)
Redstone 11.4 (4.5)
Gunpowder 9.7 (4.5
Sticks 16.8 (9)

but also 60 health potions (5 after 5 mins) so this brings the rates (excluding potion drops) to 4.1k items per hour. That is a lot better! I'll leave a looting 3 mending sweeping edge sword in a chest up there later.

5 Mins loot with a looting 3 sword

nvYBs0j.png

Edit - the more astute of you will have noticed my xp has gone from 357 levels to 34. That's because I jumped off the farm yesterday, forgetting I had dumped all my gear, inc my elytra, into a chest whilst I was afk. Jeez, what a noob :o Better get to the gold farm and get dem levels back!!!!!

Soldato
Edit - the more astute of you will have noticed my xp has gone from 357 levels to 34. That's because I jumped off the farm yesterday, forgetting I had dumped all my gear, inc my elytra, into a chest whilst I was afk. Jeez, what a noob :o Better get to the gold farm and get dem levels back!!!!!

At least nobody saw it :)

Soldato
OP
1.14 has been released by Mojang! Once Spigot/Bukkit update and the few plugins we use also update then I assume you're all happy for me to update to 1.14?

No idea on timescales yet due to the need to wait for the plugins to update!

Soldato
OP
PSA: Villager trading and breeding has undergone a large change. Thanks Mojong :/

I've been spending time to trade with as many villagers as possible to get emeralds to buy as many books as possible before the current system gets nerfed. I would urge y'all to do the same.

I've got enough books now to make 4 complete sets of gear, plus I have 2 spare sets of gear already.

There are a couple of technical MC players who are looking at the best ways to set up new breeders/trading halls (Gnembon and Ilmango) but I still think it's worth getting as many backup books as possible. Like I say, I have no idea on timescale of us moving to 1.14 so I would recommend doing those deals and getting those books!

If anyone is short on actual books, I do have plenty in stock - just hook me up ig, on here or on Discord!

Laters - Ham

Associate
It would seem, that during all this XBOX/Mojang takeover malarkey, my old account shaggyd is locked and tied to an ancient email account. Anyway, my current MC username is JamesDaly and is confirmed with a valid UUID. I have all my versions of MC (Java/Win10/PE) set to this now..

Soldato
OP
I'm wanting to try some map art. Only basic stuff, I want a purple surround on my nether portals. I have enough purple dye and enough sand, but I need 3 dubs of gravel to make the 16,384 purple concrete powders I need.

I only have about 1.5 dubs of gravel in stock - looking to buy gravel as I cba to dig a load out (just dug out about 6 dubs of sand today lol). Let me know if you can hook me up!

TY - Ham

Soldato
I had so much fun with the Linktart server years ago, I'm tempted to get back into Minecraft.

I just dipped my toe and try a Single Player Survival world... I'm so out of my depth already :p So much has changed! And it's not even modded :p

Also there are so many different versions of the game now... Do I go Java or Windows 10 version?

Soldato
OP
@haaammit

Look for the giant melon

Ah sweet ty ty. What do I owe you?

I had so much fun with the Linktart server years ago, I'm tempted to get back into Minecraft.

I just dipped my toe and try a Single Player Survival world... I'm so out of my depth already :p So much has changed! And it's not even modded :p

Also there are so many different versions of the game now... Do I go Java or Windows 10 version?

If you want to join this server then it's the Java one. Yeah, loads have changed since the Linktart days! iirc the last vanilla version Linktart was running before it shut down was 1.8, and here we are with this server on 1.13.2 and Mojang have just released 1.14!

Soldato
Ah sweet ty ty. What do I owe you?

If you want to join this server then it's the Java one. Yeah, loads have changed since the Linktart days! iirc the last vanilla version Linktart was running before it shut down was 1.8, and here we are with this server on 1.13.2 and Mojang have just released 1.14!
Check on top of the melon too

Back
Top Bottom