New Netflix Series - The Umbrella Academy

Soldato
Got bored and skipped from episode six to the last 20 mins of ten and felt like I hadn’t missed anything. I can’t recall the last time I did that with a series. Don’t think I’ll watch any further releases.

For such a fun premise, they really haven’t ever done anything particularly interesting with it.
Shame as I do really like five and the actor who plays him.

Soldato
I don't think i'll bother with S3 by the sounds of it. Shame because I thought S1 was real breath of fresh air against the backdrop of mountains of superheros dross.

Soldato
Just finished Season 3, I'm probably just echoing comments above but it really didn't seem to ever be going anywhere.
I felt like we were waiting for something to happen that never did, the end of season 2 revealed the sparrow academy and they killed most of them off very early on, so they seemed a bit pointless.

I really enjoyed seasons 1 & 2, so this has been a let down really.

Soldato
Got bored and skipped from episode six to the last 20 mins of ten and felt like I hadn’t missed anything. I can’t recall the last time I did that with a series. Don’t think I’ll watch any further releases.

Ofc you missed stuff, what a random thing to do.

Just finished binge watching from start to finish - awesome show.

S1 - great.

S2 - meh and boring.

S3 - good. Alison - wtf? Whiney and annoying. Jayme (spit girl!) awesome character, wish they had kept her. Sloane - nom nom nom.

Looking forward the final season.

Caporegime
What wokeness?

The sex change i presume. I thought they handled it really well. She went from a her to a him in real life and they just slotted it in, had the bear minimum lines spoken about it and then just got on with the story. Best way of dealing with it ever IMO.

If they were aiming for wokeness they would have made it a major storyline in the series.

Caporegime
The sex change i presume. I thought they handled it really well. She went from a her to a him in real life and they just slotted it in, had the bear minimum lines spoken about it and then just got on with the story. Best way of dealing with it ever IMO.

If they were aiming for wokeness they would have made it a major storyline in the series.
Exactly, ham-fistedness annoys even me, I thought they handled this pretty much perfectly, no big deal or song and dance about it.

Back
Top Bottom