New OCUK Dark theme out now, get it while it's hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it except for the thread icons (envelopes), I'll have to use the old ones, you can't tell which threads have new posts in them very clearly from the colour of the envelope any more. Where as before it was a distinct grey/red/yellow.

Last edited:
I like it except for the thread icons (envelopes), I'll have to use the old ones, you can't tell which threads have new posts in them very clearly from the colour of the envelope any more. Where as before it was a distinct grey/red.
I mainly look at the little orange arrow for new replies :)

How do you remove it?
You can't! MWUHAHAHAHAHAHA

OK, you can, go into the stylish extension and remove it.

/

Post deleted because opinions upset people like kenmare,
It's quoted below if you also want to rant and froth or whatever

/

Last edited:
Hate it, sorry.
It annoys me when tech sites associate tech with the colour black and then choose to have a black forum. It's just style over utility and I find a black background unreadable.

Blue is associated with this forum, messing about with childish themes just spoils the image you've built up over many years. I'm not a kid and I don't want a choice of rainbows, I want solid professional branding.

Sorry to appear negative, but I don't see the point in messing with a brand for no good reason. Marketing 101.

Edit. Is this some official thing or just an addon?

Good thing it's a community made modification for the stylish plugin and entirely optional even amongst stylish users.

Would you like your dummy back?

Hate it, sorry.
It annoys me when tech sites associate tech with the colour black and then choose to have a black forum. It's just style over utility and I find a black background unreadable.

Blue is associated with this forum, messing about with childish themes just spoils the image you've built up over many years. I'm not a kid and I don't want a choice of rainbows, I want solid professional branding.

Sorry to appear negative, but I don't see the point in messing with a brand for no good reason. Marketing 101.

LOL!!!

No, its not official. Does it state that SkyFall works at OCUK HQ? No. A member has tinkered around and developed something for people who prefer a black theme.

Sir, I think you just made a fool of yourself :p

Good thing it's a community made modification for the stylish plugin and entirely optional even amongst stylish users.

Would you like your dummy back?

Well I did say sorry for not liking it :D

It's more a comment on those forums that go with a default black theme because it's spacey or dark, when I'm happy with just plain old readable :p

LOL!!!

No, its not official. Does it state that SkyFall works at OCUK HQ? No. A member has tinkered around and developed something for people who prefer a black theme.

Sir, I think you just made a fool of yourself :p

A daily occurrence I fear :)
I'm sure skyfall doesn't mind, black themes are universally popular :)

Last edited:
Hate it, sorry.

The **** is your problem? You don't have to use the ****ing thing. It's called choice.

/Rant

Yes I am annoyed at my lack of Euromillions winning, looks like I'll have to face the music with my degree now. :(

any chance of a before an after sky?

still on some old mod version of the old one (although i have all the images blocked via ad block so no banner or even "overclockers" at the top of the page :p)

Have been using the black theme for a while now so just updated it...am using the older icons as i find them easier to see but otherwise its looking very smooth

Much prefer the darker theme to the blue :)

Well I did say sorry for not liking it :D

It's more a comment on those forums that go with a default black theme because it's spacey or dark, when I'm happy with just plain old readable :p

white on blue is horrific to read (heck black on white is irritating enough, cause you're basically looking into a massive light bulb with a mostly white screen), nice light grey on dark grey is much much more comfortable to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom