**** New Official DayZ Thread *****

Have just added BEC, building "snap too" and uped the building item number limit to my server. It is currently passworded and whitelisted but that may change soon. Was a good experience to help get to know where the sqf files are and how to apply scripts.

Am also working on some database level additions to make things a bit easier to roll back if some plum decides to nuke the server.

I will probably build a military item (vehicles / guns / ammo) limit on the server so when the limit is reached you will not be able to get any more from the traders or spawns until some of that item gets used up or destroyed (in a blown up vehicle for example).

Epoch has some DB extentions which look to be quite handy. Still looking for info on the original ARMA II hive extentions though.

I have finally captured some video. Will have a play with Sony Vegas at some point to see if there is anything good enough for an upload.

Had an interesting AI battle that worked out badly for me and someone else I was teaming up with. We were driving north past the power station from Elektro and passed a AI UAZ which stopped and the soldiers got out and started shooting. We continued in our SUV until we were just over the top of the rise and then got out and turned around to engage them.

Boom... my partner was down with a long range head shot.

I got one in the leg and then killed them after a bit of rolling around to get a better angle and then died as one fo the other AI had flanked around to my right under the rise of the hill and out of my sight.

Always something new to look out for with them pesky AI...

Me and my mate just started an Epoch Chernarus server, got all the usual addons and tweaks to loot. Custom airfields and etc.

Quite a small community of us so far but if anyone is interested here is the IP:

37.59.90.80:2402

Last edited:
Qitarah, throw in some group / community I can play with and I'm in :) A little bored with playing solo and would love to play with a group of people! Especially on Chernarus, been playing Napf recently.

Anyone tried this new Overpoch mod? Its a mix between overwatch and epoch, so its go all of epochs economy system/buildin system, mixed with overwatchs weapons/cars/skins/ custom sounds and animations

New Epoch server online

We have a new Epoch server online full of goodies for people to try.

Server ip 5.63.147.180:3442

Mods

Halo Jump (Fresh Spawns)
Self bloodbag
Auto Refuel
Tow & Lift - No Tow on locked vehicles
AI - Camps and Roaming
Side Missions
Animated Heli, AN2 Crash
Salvage modification to remove every part
Traders Safezone
Full Moon Nights
Snap Building
Indestructible Bases
Extra Vehicles (Merlin, M113Ambul_UN_EP1, BTR40_TK_GUE_EP1 , M1133_MEV_EP1, Bell Heli)
EVAC Chopper
No Salvage on locked vehicles
No Damage on locked vehicles
Plot pole Shield

Map Updates

New Trader cities
Bridges to islands Otmel and Skalisty
Junkyard
Extra Charnarus Buildings
Topolka Dam Military Base
Black Lake Military Base
Hidden Killers Ranch
Wreck Sites
Dead Castle
Devils Caste
Prigindy City
Tikhaya City
Train Wreck
Dubrovka Detruit
Camping Tents
Cherno Quarantine
New Buildings Balota
New Buildings Cherno
New Buildings Kamenka

As you can see there is plenty to do on there and will be introducing some donator packages in the next few days.

Anyway give it a try and please leave some feedback on our forums http://deadmandayz.enjin.com/epochserver

just dont get a vm box as it wont handle 50 people on epoch . If i was you i would wait for epoch on arma 3 . It will be really hard to populate as so many other epoch servers and player numbers are dropping .

Im looking to get a new epoch server up and running with a couple of other lads but I need some pointers on what the best host is for a 50 slot server?

Like Snaggle said, I would wait for Arma 3 Epoch as there's over 3k+ A2 Epoch servers atm. Now is a bad time to setup due to Gamespy shutdown and migration over to Steam lobby.

If you must have one now, speak to Matt or Karl at GTX and say MGT recommended you and you might get some discount :cool:

i meant in the sense of the great battles and fun we had against each other on here which gave the game fun.

most people dont play it anymore so in that sense its dead.

the SA could actually pull of something aswell. as much as they have messed up just recently a lot of new stuff has been coming and vehicles in soon along with barricading but the timeframe has kinda killed off what we wanted 1 yr ago.

i mainly played for the battles against rival groups often out numbered. i liked the challenge and the banter.

at end of day its the people you play with or against that makes these kinda of games.

in that sense mod is over.

i meant in the sense of the great battles and fun we had against each other on here which gave the game fun.

most people dont play it anymore so in that sense its dead.

the SA could actually pull of something aswell. as much as they have messed up just recently a lot of new stuff has been coming and vehicles in soon along with barricading but the timeframe has kinda killed off what we wanted 1 yr ago.

i mainly played for the battles against rival groups often out numbered. i liked the challenge and the banter.

at end of day its the people you play with or against that makes these kinda of games.

in that sense mod is over.

For once I actually agree with you. The times we had playing against you lot on the old Tavi server were amazing and would keep us up for most of the night. It's getting far too complicated these days and that's one of the reasons I left MGT, and one of the reasons I left DayZ. And the standalone has been the biggest disappointment I have ever seen in terms of gaming.

Its too easy to get gear and too easy to do things, you can make it harder but people don't like that so you have to make it easier and as close to a CoD clone as possible.

My thought is when you die it should be a punishment but to get players on your server you must have bikes they can spawn when they spawn so they arent out of it for more than 5 minutes. Might aswell give people teleports these days.. at least we got to enjoy the game when it was difficult and enjoyable, when it had that random atmosphere about it.

I would say that the mod is far from dead however, it just has the wrong crowd populating it now.

I hope H1Z1 has a hardcore server (not perma death but one with less loot and more damage) though that'll never last.

I'd love to run a server with hardly any loot, veteran settings and the bare minimum of scripts. Problem is as TJ has said, players want CodZ and any server not offering that is empty. We have deploy bike from toolbox, a new player came on today and asked where's his toolbox as he didn't spawn with one >.<, when he realised you only spawn with bandage/torch/painkillers he disconnected!

o/t but kind of related - Arma 3 Epoch looks promising from what i've played so far and the devs may be going to restrict what modifications server owners can make by means of server token authentication or something similar.

Its too easy to get gear and too easy to do things, you can make it harder but people don't like that so you have to make it easier and as close to a CoD clone as possible.

My thought is when you die it should be a punishment but to get players on your server you must have bikes they can spawn when they spawn so they arent out of it for more than 5 minutes. Might aswell give people teleports these days.. at least we got to enjoy the game when it was difficult and enjoyable, when it had that random atmosphere about it.

I would say that the mod is far from dead however, it just has the wrong crowd populating it now.

I hope H1Z1 has a hardcore server (not perma death but one with less loot and more damage) though that'll never last.

Sad but true..

yes the give everything crows have kinda killed of what the original players loved.

everyone wants fully auto this and that and im there with my trusty lee enfield :D.

if someone did do the right server on here you would probably get some playing but the best of the mod has past and im not sure if its worth doing.

Back
Top Bottom