**** New Official DayZ Thread *****

Sigh.

Still having no luck. Have installed DayZ commander, and had it update Arma 2 and the DayZ mod, and install Epoch.

But every server I try to join tells me I can't because I have a bad version.

Install A2, run it from steam, exit, install A2 OA, run it from steam, exit, install patch, run it as admin, exit, install Dayz commander, install mods of choice and play.

If you don't run them before patching it doesn't update the registry.

[TFU] Thegoon84;25710925 said:
Ooo let me know if and when it goes to night... Would love to actually be able to use the 5000 light poles we have haha!

Saturday night? Be nice to run around the server a little more quiet tbh..

I might go TFU hunting in that case ;) Namalsk is awesome at night although honestly the last time I played it was original Namalsk release... I hear there are random events now?

Just installed Dayz and Dayz Epoch having never played either game before. In fact, i've never even played Arma2 before!

Can anyone give me any tips or point me towards good noobie guides? Is it best to start with vanilla Dayz or DayZ Epoch?

Cheers

Just installed Dayz and Dayz Epoch having never played either game before. In fact, i've never even played Arma2 before!

Can anyone give me any tips or point me towards good noobie guides? Is it best to start with vanilla Dayz or DayZ Epoch?

Cheers

Would definitely start with vanilla DayZ to get your head around movement/weapons etc...

Also learn to fly quite early on if you can :)

Hi guys, here to post up an Epoch server I have been playing on for a few months ran by a decent lot www.bsbnetwork.com.

They run a chern server with some mods and additions and do not use any scripts other than to spawn in vehicles on the coast when they are wearing thin for new spawns.

The server has had a complete wipe in the last week, due to inactive players and huge bases and is looking for more regulars. This is a good time to start as most regulars are still gearing up.

Please note there are a few ruthless bandits who take no prisoners, but they would welcome some competition.

Anyone know of any decent vanilla epoch servers? I used to play the Zombies.NU one but the population has never really been that good, but that is the experience I would like.

None of this 100000000+ vehicles, spawn with gear ****. Would ideally like a server that is 50 players max, with about 15-25 on during normal hours, and rammed at weekends.

Specific I know, but thought it would be worth a shot!

Anyone know of any decent vanilla epoch servers? I used to play the Zombies.NU one but the population has never really been that good, but that is the experience I would like.

None of this 100000000+ vehicles, spawn with gear ****. Would ideally like a server that is 50 players max, with about 15-25 on during normal hours, and rammed at weekends.

Specific I know, but thought it would be worth a shot!

There's not many vanilla Epoch servers with high player numbers simply because it's rubbish in vanilla form.

With a few tweaks (like MGT have done) Epoch is brilliant fun, but their devs seem hell bent on ruining their own game with new features that just make it a grind.

Either version is still much much better than the bore-fest DayZ Stand Alone.

Many people here still playing the mod? I started a few days ago and im getting a bit frustrated with it. All i seem to do is spawn, loot, die, spawn, loot, die etc etc.

Can anyone help me understand how to go about heading north safely and how to make base or stash so i can fill them up and not have to keep looting the south each time i die.

Cheers

I am, I play on almost a nightly basis. I play Epoch though as it has purpose, unlike the boring vanilla version.

It's not really about surviving anymore, it's more about getting one over other players, which actually is a lot of fun.

most of the time each server has their own teamspeak server like i do, you are welcome to jump on for a chat about any of this, im just coding the latest patch addons for my server

install teamspeak and add this ip to your favorites 85.236.100.85:14447

Have been very much on the fence with DayZ until I read about being able to setup private servers.

I purchased the supporter edition (ARMA II & OA & DayZ) code and installed.

I have been trying to get a DayZ server up and running for a few days and have sorted out a few issues (difference between DayZ SA install and Mod install etc) but am having a problem with Battleye not initalising.

I manually installed Battleye ARMA II & OA fromt he installers on the server but am still getting the issue. I notice in the Battleeye config file there is a password field with the password 'changeme' but I have not noticed any guides suggesting this needs to be changed.

I am working with the OpenDaZ server as it was the first I came across.

Any advice on the Battleye issue, suggestions for other server packs to take a look at ?.

I am more for the survive in groups and fight zombies with the odd PvP battles rather than just PvP games.

Also any friendly servers to try out. Should be getting my R280X tonight after my 6950 failed so eager have a play around and, from various 'tube vids, get shot in the head.

Thanks
RB

we have just updated to a newer map, we did run cherno epoch, now moved to napf, still some bugs to sort out, gonna re-build the server pbo tomorrow afternoon, as i was given a pbo by a friend to modify, only for them to tell me afterwards, there were some bugs with their mods they installed, nothing game breaking, just stuff like the knockout script doesnt let you release the person etc.... but yeh server is in the original post if anyone fancies trying a newer map, we also have a ts3 server if anyone doesnt feel like playing alone, were not the most populated server right now, but regular numbers are going up, got some cool scripts running like movie style intro text, building snapping, heli lift, elevators, halo spwan and others, i will be sortin all of it tomorrow afternoon, so anyone who fancies it, were the bottom server in the original post

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom