New (old) house renovation to have distributed AV!

Soldato
OP
For some reason i couldn't upload the images to the last post so here they are:

Sofa Delivered.

Breeze blocks in place just so i can get the level right and then they will be replaced with a brick wall which i intend to put up myself with the bricks i have accumulated from the french doors and taking down the raised beds.

Slabs and bricks, the slabs where everywhere as there used to be a greenhouse which was all flags and all the pathways round the garden.

Starting to take down the raised bed, this has a layer of brick foundation, then concrete on top of that and then the bricks for the walls.

The plan is to create a 2 tier garden, the top tier being lawn with a new built shed to keep my tools etc, the lower tier being paved and a decking area off the french doors. more will follow nearer the spring on this once ive finished the kitchen.

Associate
Hiya Ste :)

Subscribed to your thread ... Been a good read and enjoyed watching your progress so far ... You have worked hard and the effort has already strated to show ...Great Job :)

Look forward to updates when you have time :)

ps ... glad you changed the bathroom color lol :)

Soldato
OP
LED Update.

3528 led strip in warm white for the kitchen units, plinth and gallery cupboard unit.

Spool of 5M

My living room lit by only the single 5M LED strip.

Connector clips which i'll be using for all my runs of different sized strips

Close up of the connectors.

More updates to follow within the next week or 2, going to be making a massive push on the kitchen, i now have the window installed so need to get that final wall plastered and then start with the painting, architrave installation ready for the kitchen to be delivered at month end.

Soldato
OP
Can you say where you got the 5m strip from or a generic name that can be searched?

Absolutely fantastic build sir!! I'm seriously envious of what you've achieved even though its been a lot of hard work, blood, sweat and tears

i got them from ebay, i just searched for warm white Led strip, loads on there to be honest just have to look around, should have been £25 but had a sale on so i got it a bit cheaper.

Soldato
OP
I dont think ive mentioned gemma since the opening post but she's now excited about the house as its starting to become a house, she had to wait in for the window fitter so had a bit of time to appreciate it a bit.

She's added some towels and accessories to the bathroom as shown below.

ohuh.jpg

Onto the kitchen,

Window has been replaced, reveals have been dot'n'dabbed with board, bead stuck on with some dri wall adhesive.

slr8.jpg

Wall Skimmed

x4w2.jpg

unnj.jpg

Ive painted out the outline of the units as i wanted to get an idea of where thing were going, also im going to be putting the flooring down first as i want the decor panels to sit flush with the floor so the flooring will be going down during the kitchen install process so that i get a neat finish without the need for beading or edging for the floor.

gb0m.jpg

0j7w.jpg

Also had a bit of a tidy up, moved some stuff out of the kitchen to give some more working space there is a list of a few odd jobs that need to be done at some point which include sorting the insulation in the loft, planing some doors, stripping the small door for my electricity cupboard and paint etc.

Soldato
OP
Small Update,

Flooring is down, reason for this is the arcitrave needs to go ontop, all of the 8 deco panels of my kitchen also need to sit on the flooring, i had to get 5 boxes and only used half a plank from the 5th box due to the square metres i needed, how annoying.

Final wall painted white ready for some colour

Started the colour, its a green with a shade of grey. will all come together when its finished you'll see.

some packages arrived, don't get too excited

Tiles is what i ordered, one came broken and there was a few defected tiles which ive reported and they're going to be sending replacements out for wednesday which is great.

This is how they'll be laid out on the wall.

I've got another day off so i should be able to get the architrave on, the living room door painted on the inside, frames and architrave painted with a first coat and the door for the electricity / gas cupboard stripped and first coat of paint.

Kitchen is due for delivery Friday 31st so ive got tomorrow and wednesday off to get what i need finished so i can start fitting the units, the bench i have ordered is square edge so im hoping i can get away with just butting up the 2 pieces of bench and colourfill the gap if any or i'm going to have to get a worktop jig and router bit and put the join in that way.

Soldato
This is good work. We've just bought a house, nothing like the one we had originally planned, and fortunately, from 1998 so all in all pretty good nick.

Planning on new carpets, full refresh of colour (white mainly) and new spot lights with skimmed ceilings and speakers in the ceilings too. All wiring back up to the loft.

Nothing as major as this, but a lot of similar technology going in :)

Soldato
OP
Kitchen with the ceiling done

Last 2 doors painted now.

Architrave done on the main door

Architrave done on the smaller door

Wiring under floor for the plinth lighting

I was in the loft today re-arranging the insulation back to where it should have been after the electricians left it in a lump in the middle of the house.

Kitchen is due for delivery tomorrow unfortunately between 12pm-7pm the Longest delivery slot EVER!

Ive got then 4 days off to get this fitted, i expect/hope to get all fitted in that time bar the tiling and finishing touches.

Soldato
OP
Exciting times, i got a call at 10am this morning saying they were ahead of schedule so i could have my delivery at 10:40. Great!!!

OMG my living room is FULL of boxes :)

End Deco with first 2 units.

2 Deco panels and cornice installed.

Bench top cut by hand, pretty good finish i think, jigsaw wasn't true plumb so had to plane it smooth.

Doors fitted to check alignment and stop them being damaged lying around the living room.

This took up most of the day shortening the deco panels and making sure everything fit perfectly.

On the cards tomorrow, hopefully a long day, get the appliances installed in this part of the kitchen and make a start on the other side and see how far we get there.

Soldato
OP
Today was a long day with not a lot going on, i underestimated the time it would take to install the appliances.

Fridge Freezer installed.

Combi oven installed and wired in, on its 1 hour run in program to burn off any oils etc in the oven.

Main oven in place but not wired as i didnt have the wire needed to wire it in.

Gallery unit installed on the oven side

Plinths cut and placed, led wiring all wired up in position ready to be stuck down once the plinths are clipped in place.

Lighting installed inside the gallery unit at the top near the front to illuminate anything stored in the cupboard, the shelving in this unit is glass.

Ceiling lights on.

Ceiling lights off.

Plans for tomorrow include fixing in the plinths, sticking down the led lighting on the current side. Make a start on the other side cabinet layout and getting all of the deco panels cut and placed. Hopefully get some wall units placed as well but i'm not going to make any solid plans. Its taking longer than i thought so it will take what it takes i suppose.

Soldato
OP
Kitchen is looking very slick!

Thanks its turning out better than i thought it would in all honesty.

That looks exciting! What made you go with wren rather than Howdens, ikea etc?

Had quotes from other shops but went with wren because all units were prebuilt, they had all of the appliances i wanted so would all be from one place. they did buy now pay later. Also their online planning tool was great, i had the kitchen designed before i even went to the showroom.

Soldato
OP
Gallery unit open and showing off the slide and hide door on the oven.

LED strip installed

All complete on this side with plinths installed.

View from the other side of the kitchen.

Forgot to take pics but made a start on the other side. All units installed, gaps left for appliances.

Bench set in place to get the placement right.

Last job of today was installing the 2 corner units on the wall.

going to finish with the wall units tomorrow and extractor. will need to router out the bench clamp holes on the underside of the bench. cut the holes in the bench for the sink and hob. if there is time i would also like to get the cooker wired in and hob and then to make a start on the plumbing.

Associate
I see you've split the units up with quite a few end panels - was this due to a limitation of the plinth LED runs or to space out a gap to the wall? (edit: actually, looking again, I see you've got some freestanding appliances so I'm guessing it's to make it look uniform?).

You also have the same Microwave as me! Being able to sneak some roasties in from peeling to ready within 30 mins (without boiling) is like cheat mode (600W microwave + 190C oven) :) - same for gratins.

Back
Top Bottom