New PC Gamer - Please Help!

Associate
Hello,

I’m looking to purchase my first gaming PC and would like some help please! Forgive me if anything below doesn’t quite make sense, I’m a noob.

What I’ll be using it for:
  • PC gaming
  • VR (most likely Oculus Rift S)
What I won’t be using it for:
  • I won’t be editing/creating content
  • I won’t be streaming
  • I won't be using it for work
I’m using 'The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners’ recommended PC specs as a minimum requirement for what I need from a VR perspective:
  • Processor: Intel i7 8700k / AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 1070 / AMD Radeon Vega 56
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 40 GB available space
For non-VR, I’d like to be able to play Escape from Tarkov and upcoming games like Cyberpunk 2066 in 4K.
Additional Notes:
  • I’d like something quiet
  • I’d like something that isn’t going to overheat after 3 - 5 hours of playing
  • I was eyeing up the RTX 2060 GPU which I think should do everything I need it to do, but it would be great to get your thoughts
  • I’d rather something that looks smart over something with lots of colourful lights
  • Would this monitor do a £1500 PC with an RTX 2060 justice?: BENQ EL2870U 4K Ultra HD 27.9" LED Monitor - obviously I'm already spending a lot on the PC so don't want to spend more than necessary on a monitor yet.

Budget for PC: in the region of £1500.

I've never built a PC and quite honestly I just want to start using it as soon as it arrives.

I am currently playing on a PS4 Pro with a 4K HDR TV, so I’m looking for a significant upgrade on graphics and frame rate - otherwise what’s the point!

Many thanks,
Ben

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Whoops, I thought this was just a forum and hadn't realised overclockers also sell PC's! I've updated the original post.

Thank you, I'll take a look!

Back
Top Bottom