** NEW SAMSUNG 750D & 950D True 120Hz LED Monitors - PRE-ORDER! **

Associate
The reflection from the mirror surface on dark scenes on that left 4 dead clip is enough to make me happy with the HN274H

was the HN274H not the screen NCX said sucked!! lol, dont get me wrong, im after a 27 3D screen, and would change my ATI card for an Nvidea if i had to, i just wont a decent screen

Associate
... it looks minimal and cannot be any worse than my LG 55LW550t 3D telly, and anyone still thinking 3D is a gimmick! try watching avatar 3D, i did last night, it blow me away:D

Little bit of a sidetrack, but I thought Avatar 3D was remaining a Panasonic exclusive until at least next year?

Associate
480 for the hn274h unless you like paying over the odds unnecessarily.

Thanks for the tip-off on the player route, previously I'd only seen complaints that people would have to fork out a lot for a TV.

Still don't know as I'd go for this tie-in over a movie (other complaints/rumours were also that it might not play back on non-panny equipment, but that might be FUD), although it is nice to see some alternative options appearing at least. Thanks.

Associate
480 for the hn274h unless you like paying over the odds unnecessarily.

Thanks for the tip-off on the player route, previously I'd only seen complaints that people would have to fork out a lot for a TV.

Still don't know as I'd go for this tie-in over a movie (other complaints/rumours were also that it might not play back on non-panny equipment, but that might be FUD), although it is nice to see some alternative options appearing at least. Thanks.

oh ok, 480 is better, but 480/600 they both need to be worth the money, 600 for the sammy is a hard sell, but if it plays 3D movies straight out the box without conversion and the majority of PC games in 3D i will be happy to part with my money

re the non panny rumour, consider it squashed:D mine went straight on ebay sealed!!

i watched it on my OPPO 93:D

Associate
Coolasmoo, yeah, the glossy panel has me worried too, but I'm just gonna go ahead and try it. I won't put up with it if it's unbearable so you can be sure that I'll be honest when I get it.

Just to clarify, when I say "all sounds good bar the backlight bleeding" that's coming from someone not interested in 3D at all. I'd go and read the threads at hardforum if you're interested in 3D as it doesn't sound great, people talking about lots of crosstalk and saying that it isn't as good as nvidia's 3d vision.

NCX has pretty much said that it's the best 120hz 27" 2d monitor, not that there's lots of competition.
Still haven't heard any hard facts on the input lag but vega seems happy and says he's a competitive online fps player so that's good enough for me :D

Associate
To be fair the samsung costs £530 if you have a display port, something that nVidia has been slacking on.

Last edited:
Associate
To be fair the samsung costs £530 if you have a display port, something that nVidia has been slacking on.

What do you mean? My NVIDIA 570 cards have got a dp each...

I have to say the poor 3d quality scares me, but it seems to be all software problems which should be fixed at some point if tridef want to keep in the running... The 2d performance sounds great, just have to wait till Friday till mine arrives ^^

Associate
What do you mean? My NVIDIA 570 cards have got a dp each...

The S27A750D is identical to the S27A950D apart from the lack of a DVI port and costs £530 rather then £600. With regards to nVidia, they have been much slower to add display ports to their cards compared to AMD.

Soldato
Coolasmoo, yeah, the glossy panel has me worried too, but I'm just gonna go ahead and try it. I won't put up with it if it's unbearable so you can be sure that I'll be honest when I get it.

That would be great :cool:

Dont get me wrong, I used to own an NEC 20WGX2 that had a glossy screen, but that was a mere 20" and even at that size the reflections sometimes took away the immersion.

Associate
I am a glossy convert. After using the S27A950D I will never go back to matte and sparkle. The clarity and color/black perception on "ultra-clear" panels is amazing. Not to mention it seems easier on my eyes.

Soldato
Anyone managed to get NV 3dvision working with these yet?:cool:

I want to know this as well, Basically i have a ps3, i want to know if i can view 3d blu-rays through this monitor via HDMI and play 3d games. I also will put the PC via DVI in and want 3d gaming and maybe view some SBS 3d photos, will it do all of that. If so then i'm sold

Associate
That's good to hear, vega :D
How's the backlight bleeding on your monitor?

Very dull unboxing video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZulPpsEKdA

but the guy says he'll upload a review when he gets a chance so that might be a bit better :D

There is a small amount of BLB seen on the edges on solid black screens. It's not enough to affect normal images though. I don't routinely view black screens or very dark movies so that does not bother me at all.

He noted the response time was very quick. Although most of the review seemed to focus on 3D which I care little about. Anyone see in there an input lag test? The monitor "feels" like it has quite low input lag but I have not seen a proper measurement done.

Back
Top Bottom