** NEW SAMSUNG 750D & 950D True 120Hz LED Monitors - PRE-ORDER! **

Associate
lol I don't think people posting up a few pictures from their phone cameras holds much weight as concrete evidence of anything.

Although I personally couldn't care less about 3D cross-talk.

Last edited:
Associate
Although I personally could care less about 3D cross-talk.

I couldn't care less, myself :D
Yeah, you're probably right about the pictures. It's just I'm already giving up my nice 16:10 aspect ratio, my 1920x1200 resolution and my nice matte panel, now it looks like I'll be getting bad backlight bleeding into the bargain.
It's starting to look more like a downgrade :S I'm not sure I want 120hz that badly.
I don't know whether to follow PCM's advice and just try it out for a week or so and see if I like it or just save myself the hassle and jump ship. I'll wait until more people have them at least, looking forward to hearing your opinions when you get it :D

Associate
Have you ever used 120Hz before? It is sweet for gaming. I will test up the monitor in 2D but I will not touch any of the 3D aspects as I do not care for that.

Associate
Yeah, I had the 24" lg for a while, had to send it back because of all the faults though, but 120hz is great and the thru mode on the monitor meaning you got 0ms input lag was amazing.
I'm just not sure that I want 120hz badly enough to make all those compromises.
The input lag is probably going to be higher than my current monitor as well, I can see it coming XD

Associate
Seems like a lot of that guys problems were from amd drivers... just got to hope it all plays nice with NVIDIA, the backlight bleed doesn't phase me as I hardly see myself playing with a black screen..

Soldato
Seems like a lot of that guys problems were from amd drivers... just got to hope it all plays nice with NVIDIA, the backlight bleed doesn't phase me as I hardly see myself playing with a black screen..

The picture is completely overexposed and blows the problem out of proportion. I'm not sure what brightness he had the monitor set to when the picture was taken but if he was testing out 3D at the same time it was probably quite high. As you rightly point out the artificial contraints of staring at a black screen in a pitch black room aren't commonly applied to normal usage for most people. ;)

Soldato
Pinned my hopes on the 950D when I first saw it. I need it to be good with 3D gaming and bluray.

I'm not talking elitist expectations, just want it to "work" out of the box without any silly problems or headaches. I can take a slight backlight bleed on an overly bright screen in a dark room :p

I hope it works with Nvidia 3D vision. I've been waiting to take the dive into that for ages now but was waiting on a decent monitor.

Need to see proper reviews before buying. Really hope its the monitor I'm looking for.

Soldato
I've got my fingers crossed on the input lag! Need someone to do some proper measurements to a screen of known response / CRT.

Then you will need to find somebody with a very sensitive photodiode or oscilloscope who knows how to use it. Most people will measure using a highly inaccurate camera-based method (the flaws of which are explored in various places on our website, including the BX2440 review). You don't really want proper measurements you will just settle for a useful indication ;).

Associate
Then you will need to find somebody with a very sensitive photodiode or oscilloscope who knows how to use it. Most people will measure using a highly inaccurate camera-based method (the flaws of which are explored in various places on our website, including the BX2440 review). You don't really want proper measurements you will just settle for a useful indication ;).

From a reliable source too pls! ;)

Sorry but having done some post-graduate research (in a past life ;) ) un-scientific "testing", extrapolated to "prove" anything winds me up! :mad:

RANT over. :D

Soldato
From a reliable source too pls! ;)

Sorry but having done some post-graduate research (in a past life ;) ) un-scientific "testing", extrapolated to "prove" anything winds me up! :mad:

Exactly... And you know pretty much any figures you will see floating about will be using an inherently flawed and inaccurate methodology (it is actually the XL2410T review where the falacies of the common methodologies are explained not the BX2440 review). But in fairness you will hopefully be given an indication of the level of input lag relative to other models and once the forum discussions begin from people who are keen gamers (and some may be particularly sensitive to input lag) you should get a good sense of what to expect. Realistically you are better off getting the monitor yourself and sending it back through DSR if you have to than waiting for:

1) Somebody who can provide accurate measurements as discussed above
2) A sufficient volume of user feedback related to input lag levels

Or you could just suck it up and garner what you can from the relative values - they should give you a good idea of whether input lag is a particular problem on this monitor even if they are only accurate within about 8.33ms.

That is of the TA950, not the SA950. The responsiveness is inferior and that is something a lot of people here seem to be keeping a beady eye on.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm waiting for a number of reviews, and some detailed user feedback. It's an expensive purchase and i like to gather as much feedback as i can. In reality i'll hold off as long as possible, before my "EVIL money spender" personality trait takes over and reason leaves me! ;)

Soldato
Haha. Yeah I suppose it is rather a lot of money to depart with upfront (even if only temporarily). I keep telling myself that if Samsung's good people aren't able to provide me a review sample in the near future I will have to acquire this product by other means. I have a very useful contact who works in retail and can give me such things to test - but he is on extended vacation at the moment. I fear if it is nice enough I might just end up keeping it anyway. This is an expensive hobby! :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom