** NEW SAMSUNG 750D & 950D True 120Hz LED Monitors - PRE-ORDER! **

Associate
I have a 2 prong power lead available (portable stereo), but will be AMAZED and highly dissapointed it they just throw in a kettle lead without checking it will actually fit! I guess i better look at the fusing on that lead too. Won't be a good start to ownership.:rolleyes:

Do we have a dead pixel guarantee? :confused: If i get one anywhere near the middle i think it'll go back TBH!:mad:

dont supose you have a photo, as not a clue what im looking for, and yes £600 for a screen that does not have the right cables to power it,!!

on another note, said competition still not in stock!! said i would order at 12:00 from here if that was the case, hmmm shall i hold on longer, any one know whats the latest time to order for next day del,(aware it will be monday)

Associate
I think we are looking at the lead from the wall socket into the PSU. The PSU has a 2 pin (non-earthed) socket, but they give you a std kettle lead. The Std kettle lead is 3 pin (with the earth connection) so that does not fit. You need to find your own lead!:mad:

Last edited:

jkb

jkb

Associate
I think we are looing at the lead from the wall socket into the PSU. The PSU has a 2 pin (non-earthed) socket, but they give you a std kettle lead. The Std kettle lead is 3 pin (with the earth connection) so that does not fit. You need to find your own lead!:mad:

That is an absolute disgrace, £600 for a supposedly premium product and you can't use it out of the box.

Associate
someone is playing silly beggers i think, a competitor listed this as stock due 30th june, it has just changed to stock due 13th July:eek:

that sounds very underhand to me:mad:

now im gonna have to order and happy to do so, but already have to pay extra for a flaming power lead :confused:

OcUK Staff
OP
someone is playing silly beggers i think, a competitor listed this as stock due 30th june, it has just changed to stock due 13th July:eek:

that sounds very underhand to me:mad:

now im gonna have to order and happy to do so, but already have to pay extra for a flaming power lead :confused:

Hi there

Sorry to hear that, but I did inform you on here that OcUK would be exclusive throughout June, which we have been and possibly a good part of a July. In order to help you out I've dropped our online price by £10. :)

Associate
Mine has also arrived. It also came with the wrong power lead. A 3-pin kettle lead instead of a 2-pin figure of 8 power lead. Fortunately I have one lying around, but that is very poor. I suspect this is Samsung themselves who bought in models intended for Europe ( as a European lead is also included), and didn't check what they were putting into the box.

Second observation...is that the monitor will not sit with its screen totally vertical. It is always angled backwards to some extent. You can move it more angled, but not perfectly straight which I would like mine to be. This is a bit annoying but not the end of the world. It is a strange limitation though.

I have checked for stuck pixels and there are none (I find even 1 stuck pixel totally unacceptable). I have done a quick check for dead pixels and I don't see any of those either yet.

Tried a quick 2D-3D test with the glasses to make sure they worked and that was fine too.

Associate
Hi there

Sorry to hear that, but I did inform you on here that OcUK would be exclusive throughout June, which we have been and possibly a good part of a July. In order to help you out I've dropped our online price by £10. :)

so you did, but you do expect a certain amount of honesty from a well known company like THAT! :D

thank-you very much, have ordered now,

Mine has also arrived. It also came with the wrong power lead. A 3-pin kettle lead instead of a 2-pin figure of 8 power lead. Fortunately I have one lying around, but that is very poor. I suspect this is Samsung themselves who bought in models intended for Europe ( as a European lead is also included), and didn't check what they were putting into the box.

Second observation...is that the monitor will not sit with its screen totally vertical. It is always angled backwards to some extent. You can move it more angled, but not perfectly straight which I would like mine to be. This is a bit annoying but not the end of the world. It is a strange limitation though.

I have checked for stuck pixels and there are none (I find even 1 stuck pixel totally unacceptable). I have done a quick check for dead pixels and I don't see any of those either yet.

Tried a quick 2D-3D test with the glasses to make sure they worked and that was fine too.

thanks for the quik review, lets hope mine is not required to be perfeclty straight:cool:

Soldato

It is possible that OcUK's stock is EU import stock, which is why they are able to sell it 'exclusively' before any other UK retailer. Other retailers use imported stock from time to time to lower their own costs, particularly if they sell products all across Europe.. Now is when Gibbo tells me it's actually all Samsung's fault and they provided UK stock with EU-spec power. ;)

Associate
Okay after some further tests, I do NOT recommend the Radeon 6990 at this present time.

Currently crossfire and HD3D are not compatible with each other. There is no way to disable crossfire in the catalyst driver anymore. Instead you can force a game to a single GPU using RadeonPro. However, this trick ONLY works when connecting via HDMI. At 1080p this limits you to 24p, which is fine for video but not really for gaming.

With the 6990 the only way to play games is to use side-by-side mode

Associate
Okay after some further tests, I do NOT recommend the Radeon 6990 at this present time.

Currently crossfire and HD3D are not compatible with each other. There is no way to disable crossfire in the catalyst driver anymore. Instead you can force a game to a single GPU using RadeonPro. However, this trick ONLY works when connecting via HDMI. At 1080p this limits you to 24p, which is fine for video but not really for gaming.

With the 6990 the only way to play games is to use side-by-side mode

thankfully although i fancied the 6990. could not afford the price, so might look at a 6970, as cannot justify going from a 6870 to a 6950! having said that, if mine performs well enough when my set arrives monday, ill just stick with the 6870:D

jkb

jkb

Associate
thankfully although i fancied the 6990. could not afford the price, so might look at a 6970, as cannot justify going from a 6870 to a 6950! having said that, if mine performs well enough when my set arrives monday, ill just stick with the 6870:D

I know what you mean, I'm not willing to pay the OC price for a 6990 when it will be available elsewhere next week (supposedly) for a lot less. I really need to buy both from the same place so the wife sees only one delivery and thinks I only bought a monitor :D

Associate
In fact even without crossfire, I don't think its possible to get full 1080p frame sequential 3D over DVI-DL at all with any Radeon card. I will wait to see if others can achieve it.

Associate
Can anyone clear this up, or take a picture of the power lead?

Is it 2pin at the input into the monitor/power supply, or 2 pin into the wall socket?

Associate
Can anyone clear this up, or take a picture of the power lead?

Is it 2pin at the input into the monitor/power supply, or 2 pin into the wall socket?

I don't understand. In the UK there is no 2-pin wall socket? There is only the 3-pin British plug. We are talking about the other end of the cable that goes into the Samsung monitor power supply unit.

Associate
In fact even without crossfire, I don't think its possible to get full 1080p frame sequential 3D over DVI-DL at all with any Radeon card. I will wait to see if others can achieve it.

AMD says
"Samsung has already announced some monitors that will support stereo 3D over DisplayPort - the SA750 and the SA950 - so we'll put out a driver update that supports those monitors. "

I don't know if that will extend to DVI-DL as well, but I would be happy either way, as both formats support a full 120Hz at full res.

Associate

are you saying it might only be possible over display port, as im guessing you are supposed to get full 1080P 3D over a connection?

Associate
are you saying it might only be possible over display port, as im guessing you are supposed to get full 1080P 3D over a connection?

Well, just to be clear, right now the only way I can get full 1080p 3D is at 24Hz using an HDMI connection.

I am not having any luck with DVI-DL and 3D at all, other than side by side. The other pain of side by side is you have to tell the monitor to engage 3D rather than it detect it automatically.

I have no real experience with display port. AMD seem to commit to produce a full 1080p 3D 120Hz driver that will work with it soon....no promises about DVI-DL. I would expect them to enable both though....

Associate
Well, just to be clear, right now the only way I can get full 1080p 3D is at 24Hz using an HDMI connection.

I am not having any luck with DVI-DL and 3D at all, other than side by side. The other pain of side by side is you have to tell the monitor to engage 3D rather than it detect it automatically.

I have no real experience with display port. AMD seem to commit to produce a full 1080p 3D 120Hz driver that will work with it soon....no promises about DVI-DL. I would expect them to enable both though....

thanks for the input;), i have till monday to find out more ... and im sure its all gonna come out the woodwork over the weekend:D

Back
Top Bottom