** NEW SAMSUNG 750D & 950D True 120Hz LED Monitors - PRE-ORDER! **

Associate
I don't understand. In the UK there is no 2-pin wall socket? There is only the 3-pin British plug. We are talking about the other end of the cable that goes into the Samsung monitor power supply unit.

Can anyone clear this up, or take a picture of the power lead?

Is it 2pin at the input into the monitor/power supply, or 2 pin into the wall socket?

The lead into the actual monitor psu is the 2pin female type at the input end. Like a PS3 lead or like plugs in hi-fi systems alarm clocks etc. The wall plug is UK std 3 pin. Don't worry too much I'm certain you will have several in your house already.

Associate
So anyone who now owns one of these screens care to comment on the out of the box picture quality? Is it worth the asking price for the 2D 120hz alone?

I got mine on Wednesday. I wanted it purely for 2D 120hz.
I'm loving this monitor. The display is very sharp and cured my fear of 1080p on 27" instantly. I use it for Photoshop and gaming and I'm very impressed with both. I had a Dell 24" ultra sharp before and looking at it in the corner of the room I wouldn't go back. I'm noticing a significant difference to gaming smoothness and after tweaking the colours a touch with the menus really impress with those too.

The ultra gloss panel is slightly more reflective than I first thought it would be however the back light ensures this is not noticeable whilst on.

Slight bleed on both sides (very slight)
On par with the blacks with my Dell (a good thing without a doubt)
Build quality very good the aluminium back looks great and feels real premium quality.

great general purpose monitor that looks outstanding, feels quality and most importantly impresses the eye even coming from a high end 24"
120hz is now a must for me and the 3d is pretty impressive (not tried any other so please don't put much faith in that!)

I'll let the people who don't have much else to do in life fill you in on the input lag split times and taking pictures of the blacks in complete darkness etc but I'm very happy after 2 and a half days. So yes worth it in my opinion

oh and a free samsung lead for your kettle. Lovely touch!:)

Associate
The lead into the actual monitor psu is the 2pin female type at the input end. Like a PS3 lead or like plugs in hi-fi systems alarm clocks etc. The wall plug is UK std 3 pin. Don't worry too much I'm certain you will have several in your house already.

I don't understand. In the UK there is no 2-pin wall socket? There is only the 3-pin British plug. We are talking about the other end of the cable that goes into the Samsung monitor power supply unit.

Thanks =]

Also I know the UK only has 3 pin power sockets, but if they put a kettle lead in there, they could easily have put the wrong plug in too.. Also my PS3 uses the standard 3 pin kettle plug so that confused me too (I assume you guys mean the PS3 SLIM)

Associate
Just got it setup now ,OOBE is very good ,the monitor is ULTRASHARP. 120hz mode, its a thing of beauty. The design is great, 2D to 3D actually works, I could not believe it, but this is an added benefit rather than a pre-requisite for me. This is without a doubt BF3 ready monitor.

The response time is fantastic, input lag non-existent, the design is pure Samsung gorgeousness. This was an upgrade from Dell 2707WFP which is no slouch, but this thing weights twice as light, is 5 times thinner and powers on in an instant (love the playful OSD buttons also). I truly do not mind this is not IPS, this is the best monitor, and I have pretty bad eyesight (forget the 2560res), lovely pixel pitch,just what you need. By default it is sickeningly bright OOB, lowered it all down, loved the Magic modes also. 0 dead pixels or stuck pixels, no noticeable bleeding, is very cool to the touch, never ever heats up and consumes little power. Highly recommended !

Update:

BFBC2 impressions are SPECTACULAR ! 120hz is a life saver, due to all most non existent input lag and response time, I am now able to abandon tanks after it got hit by a landmine !!!! Before I would just blow up and that would be the end of it all. Flawless visuals ,my eyes are actually more relaxed now after coming off a 1200p 16:10, less eye and head movement, I feel like I m in complete control. I would not be able to go back to ANY 60hz model ,IPS, PLS or whatever, this is pure gamer's paradise.

Last edited:
Associate
Gamers...but what about art? i want 2 750D for 3d & Photoshop work + the odd game too :) i have a nec 24wmgx3 which is great for art but has some terrible ghosting.i dont like this at all considering now almost every prog is now GPU based i need a fast display with good clarity and OK colours. the two
SyncMaster 223BW sammys i use in work are great and want something like this in a 24 / 23"

anyone getting these for art Plz post Ur comments

P

Associate
Ok, just checked out the latest TriDef build and played Dead Rising 2 and the result is

OMFG !!! Fantastic visuals ! The picture pops right out of the screen , the zombies feel alive, it is definitely VERY eerie and BAGS of pure fun ! All this of course running in frame sequential mode (the best 3d mode so far) ,unbelievable results, very very pleased so far.

Update:

Left 4 Dead 2 and Batman Arkham Asylum, flawless 3D picture ! The brightness gets dimmed automatically so as not to give you a massive headache, CFX is not supported by TriDef unfortunately, but hey those games are easily played on a standard 6970.

Update 2:

When watching movies (avi, mkv) has anyone experienced brief multi-coloured outlines on objects, this can be observed dragging the window whilst playing the movie back and forth? I am not too sure what this may be.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok, just checked out the latest TriDef build and played Dead Rising 2 and the result is

OMFG !!! Fantastic visuals ! The picture pops right out of the screen , the zombies feel alive, it is definitely VERY eerie and BAGS of pure fun ! All this of course running in frame sequential mode (the best 3d mode so far) ,unbelievable results, very very pleased so far.

Could you explain what connection you are using between the graphics card and monitor? I only seem to be able to get frame sequential via HDMI which limits it to 24Hz

Associate

i take it this is the lead all the owners are on about (all two of you that is:D)

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/2m-figure-8-power-lead.html

Could you explain what connection you are using between the graphics card and monitor? I only seem to be able to get frame sequential via HDMI which limits it to 24Hz

i too want to know this, how ever i was under the impression the you will only get 1080p@24hz using hdmi you have to have displayport or DVI-D to get full res etc

Associate
i take it this is the lead all the owners are on about (all two of you that is:D)

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/2m-figure-8-power-lead.html

i too want to know this, how ever i was under the impression the you will only get 1080p@24hz using hdmi you have to have displayport or DVI-D to get full res etc

Yes that's the lead.

HDMI is stuck at 24Hz for 1080p. I cannot get 3D sequential working with DVI-D. I don't have a displayport cable to try yet but I think the support isn't there yet in the driver for 3D 1080p either.

I am also seeing considerable ghosting on one eye only just as described elsewhere.

Associate
Yes that's the lead.

HDMI is stuck at 24Hz for 1080p. I cannot get 3D sequential working with DVI-D. I don't have a displayport cable to try yet but I think the support isn't there yet in the driver for 3D 1080p either.

I am also seeing considerable ghosting on one eye only just as described elsewhere.

comm'n ProSteR wakeup:D we need to know how your getting sequencial 3D lol

jkb

jkb

Associate
Yes that's the lead.

Have you got AMD or NVidia graphics card jonstatt? I read somewhere that this monitor won't do 3D sequential with NVidia cards because NVidia drivers won't allow it.

Associate
Have you got AMD or NVidia graphics card jonstatt? I read somewhere that this monitor won't do 3D sequential with NVidia cards because NVidia drivers won't allow it.

AMD 6990. I can do 3D sequential, just that it is only working over HDMI and therefore limited to 24Hz

Associate
Initial impressions

Wrong lead in my box too! Poor show from Samsung. Had to use an old lead i found. :mad:

Initial impressions are good tho! Colours out the box are amazing.

120Hz on the desktop and in games is SUPER smooth.:cool:

Now to try to get 3D working!:eek:

Soldato
I know this thread is bubbling over with excitement, anticipation and a desire for pictures, videos and other materials to whet everyone's appetites. I don't want to take anything away from that but I would like to share a bit of quantititive analysis that has been done recently by X-bit Laboratories. I have also summarised this review and added my own original thoughts here (and no false alarms, I haven't got around to testing the monitor myself yet).

It seems that they were able to pick up more positives thant negatives, which is a good start. As noted at the start it was a pre-production sample and certain elements (such as the RTC algorithms) may well have been tweaked by Samsung before it went to retail - I also seem to recall reading that the tilt functionality is quite smooth (although limited) whereas the review sample seemed a bit stiff in that regard. What I found particularly intriguing was the colour gamut. It covered the sRGB space very nicely for the most part but then went on to reach some very pure 'red' and 'green' shades. I think the Ultra Clear panel coating probably has something to do with this as I noted in my analysis. I'm also going to have a good look at the merits of this vs. glossy, matte and other half way solutions in an ongoing article.

Soldato
Yes - Oleg Artamonov publishes reviews in his native language elsewhere before they appear in English over on X-bit. I just thought it would be interesting for people to have a summary and critical analysis of the review.

Back
Top Bottom