** NEW SAMSUNG 750D & 950D True 120Hz LED Monitors - PRE-ORDER! **

Associate
Good to hear :D I wish the 750 had dual link dvi input because I far prefer the "standard monitor" look of it.
Fingers crossed the review are good and input lag in minimal.

Associate
They (the samsung monitors) won't support Nividia 3D vision.
They need to be supported in the driver, samsung would have to pay Nvidia a shed load of money to be 3D vision certified and added to the Nvidia 3d vision drivers.
Samsung have taken a different route and gone with their own system for 3D.

Last edited:
Soldato
What is the benefit of Dual Link DVI over HDMI?

The real benefit in this case is increased bandwidth. HDMI 1.4a is unable to deliver sufficient bandwidth to support 1920 x 1080 at 120Hz whereas DVI dual link can do this. So can DisplayPort. In the case of the SA750 series models DisplayPort is the only option if you're interested in the full 120Hz PC gaming experience owing to the lack of DVI.

Associate
No, it really is a matter of personal preference. It all depends on what is more important to you and what you're going to be using the display for mostly.
Your monitor sounds great and I'm glad you're happy with it. IPS has great viewing angles, the colours are vibrant, the resolution is nice and high. It's all good.

However, I play a lot of online shooters so an IPS panel would be too slow for me, it's also only 60hz which I'm trying to upgrade from :D My framerates would also take a big hit because of the high native resolution.
I want a nice fast TN panel with 120hz and I'm willing to pay for it.
Your monitor sounds like great value but it has none of the things I am after :D

Soldato
Very well articulated, clippa. They are different monitors suited to different purposes and each have their positives and negatives. The most suitable monitor will depend in an individual's taste and proposed usage.

Soldato
Well the point i was trying to make is that £500+ for a 1920x1080 monitor seems a bit steap, different uses and purposes or not.

In my opinion these monitors, for what they are, should be £100 cheaper for both 23 and 27" models.

Soldato
Well the point i was trying to make is that £500+ for a 1920x1080 monitor seems a bit steap, different uses and purposes or not.

In my opinion these monitors, for what they are, should be £100 cheaper for both 23 and 27" models.

Have to agree seems like Samsung are making hay while the sun shines or before there is more competition;) I can see the attraction for the FPS guys out there though.

Associate
500-600 is exactly what I was expecting at release. I'm sure the price will come down about 100 quid if you're willing to wait.
I think we may be paying novelty tax on the 2d to 3d conversion thing as that's pretty new :D Won't be using it personally but I imagine some people will be buying the monitor for that alone.

Soldato
Ahh finally, been waiting on these for ages.

£600 for the 950 is a lot, I was expecting around £500-£550 (at most). I'm gonna do the sensible thing and wait for reviews before pre-ordering and splashing out that amount. I'll also need confirmation that Nvidia 3D Vision will work with it.

Also is there any word on when the white coloured units will be available? I was hoping for a change from the normal black.

Associate
Currently using a 23" LG 120Hz monitor and I absolutely love it for gaming previously I was using an IPS screen but it was too slow.

I'm definitely interested in the 27" Samsungs. I prefer the styling of the 750 but I won't be placing an order till I've read at least one reliable review and I have a better understanding of the display port / dual link DVI situation since I use nVidia 580's in my system and I don't want to change them for ATi cards.

3D is secondary for me so i'm not overly bothered if it works with nVidia's 3D vision but it would be nice. Bottom line if these screens provide the very best in picture for the panel type then I'm in.

Last edited:
Soldato
Currently using a 23" LG 120Hz monitor and I absolutely love it for gaming previously I was using an IPS screen but it was too slow.

I'm definitely interested in the 27" Samsungs. I prefer the styling of the 750 but I won't be placing an order till I've read at least one reliable review and I have a better understanding of the display port / dual link DVI situation since I use nVidia 580's in my system and I don't want to change them for ATi cards.

3D is secondary for me so i'm not overly bothered if it works with nVidia's 3D vision but it would be nice. Bottom line if these screens provide the very best in picture for the panel type then I'm in.

The SA750 series can only output 120Hz through DisplayPort. It has been confirmed by Samsung on several occasions that the SA750 series will not feature any DVI ports. There was no real justification as to why this was the case but as I have speculated in the past it is a way to differentiate the two series in a way other than pure aesthetics and may 'force' some people to opt for the more expensive models. I know it's a bit of a strange decision but it isn't one I would have made.

Associate
I have to agree with mrbios - I was eagerly awaiting the release of these Samsungs alas a lack of clear cut announcements ended up annoying me.

I didn't go with the Hazro because of their problems and not being 120Hz so I went for the LG W2363D and I have to say, if I could go back and not buy the LG and wait for these....I wouldn't.

They look bloody slick but from what I can see they pretty much what you're paying for. At 27" I would have to have more than 1920 x 1080.

£600 = 3x LG W2363Ds :O and some change !! Then just for a gfx card setup that can have all three monitors at that resolution over 120fps? Is that even possible? Hmmmm

That's my thoughts anyway - took too long and the 27" is too much even for someone like me who loves how products look as well as function.

Wu

Back
Top Bottom