NEW Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVMe (think SM951 with VNAND & Black PCB) yum!

Soldato
X99-Pro :p

You should get roughly those speeds on all non-Gigabyte X99 motherboards, as I am led to believe.

my results :)
Capturecx_230915.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Associate
Why did you have to send them back?

My friends failed after a couple of weeks. Totaly. Mine failed after about a week but I managed to get it working again by doing a re-install of windows.

The drive would shoot up to 100% use and eventually freeze the computer. I rebuilt it 5 times in two weeks. It also would not let me back itself up so every time it was a fresh build.

The final straw came when windows 10 was released and it wouldn't update. Same thing every time. 100% disk use and then nothing.

I RMA'd it and got it back within a couple of weeks. I have no idea if it's the same drive or a different one so I'm not willing to put it in my main PC.

Associate
Ouch, I have had no such issues. Installed Win 10 just fine on the drive (fresh install, not upgrade), got a couple of games on it which also run fine.

Mine is the NVMe version so it's a bit newer than the AHCI, hopefully that's resolved any issues you had.

Soldato
My friends failed after a couple of weeks. Totaly. Mine failed after about a week but I managed to get it working again by doing a re-install of windows.

The drive would shoot up to 100% use and eventually freeze the computer. I rebuilt it 5 times in two weeks. It also would not let me back itself up so every time it was a fresh build.

The final straw came when windows 10 was released and it wouldn't update. Same thing every time. 100% disk use and then nothing.

I RMA'd it and got it back within a couple of weeks. I have no idea if it's the same drive or a different one so I'm not willing to put it in my main PC.

had mine about a month with no issues mine is also an nvme version, What chipset did you install it on?

Soldato
Ouch, I have had no such issues. Installed Win 10 just fine on the drive (fresh install, not upgrade), got a couple of games on it which also run fine.

Mine is the NVMe version so it's a bit newer than the AHCI, hopefully that's resolved any issues you had.

hi Joe slightly off topic do you know if I could install a 2nd sm951 onto a pcie slot on my x99 or does it need to be one in the pcie slot (got one already installed) and the other one on the vertical m2 slot next to the ram

Associate
I didn't really notice any difference going from an 850m2 to the SM951. Other than transferring files from drive to drive.

I am intrigued to find out if that Lycom board works. If so then I'll stick the SM951 back in as a secondary drive and stick some steam games on it.

Associate
Hi there

You guys should really check OcUK website, we have them available for pre-order. :)

I checked this morning, never mind (you put them in the PCIE SSD page, it should be in the M.2 page) also a quick question, what is the warranty on the EK Predator 360mm AIO

Associate
I didn't really notice any difference going from an 850m2 to the SM951. Other than transferring files from drive to drive.

I am intrigued to find out if that Lycom board works. If so then I'll stick the SM951 back in as a secondary drive and stick some steam games on it.

Unfortunately out side of bench marks you will not see or feel any real world difference and they are more suited to being used for your C: drive / Boot drive. :)

Back
Top Bottom