** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Maybe the monitor has a problem when rapidly changing refresh rate?

I've not seen it, how can I recreate? I have HDR off (Windows looks terrible) and can only do 120hz (nvidia 1060) but I have G-Sync on and according to the OSD the refresh is jumping around to match the fps.

I can only see the issue with HDR on, gsync is fine at SDR. 120hz is what im running at. You should see if in any game with a fluctuating fps. I've turned the details down so it doesn't deviate too much from 120fps but its still there. Ive now tried everything and becuase theres no guarantee they will fix it in firrmware (or nvidia) im now thinking about sending this one back and swapping for triples (i do sim racing). FWIW i believe other g9 owners are seeing the same thing (gsync and hdr on)

Last edited:
Associate
Hello, I've preordered a Samsung Odyssey G9, and the order should have been due to yesterday.
What's the situation on the stock? is there a large queue? thanks in advance!

Caporegime
I got my G9 last week and I'm having issues when running it at 240hz (5700XT DP1.4 with DSC). I can see horizontal lines/scanlines everywhere, the problem isn't noticeable in gaming but it is on the desktop. It works just fine when running in 120hz.

anyone else having this issue?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidem...ssue_with_samsung_odyssey_g9_not_ever_really/
Considering completely the insane and inflated price of over £1200, I would return and refund it immediately.

Associate
I got my G9 last week and I'm having issues when running it at 240hz (5700XT DP1.4 with DSC). I can see horizontal lines/scanlines everywhere, the problem isn't noticeable in gaming but it is on the desktop. It works just fine when running in 120hz.

anyone else having this issue?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidem...ssue_with_samsung_odyssey_g9_not_ever_really/

I've only noticed it in the top address bar of a browser window when certain colours are overlaid in each other. It's a strange effect and you have to move close to see it.

Seems to be related to dsc. Personally I think it's a non issue.

Associate
I've ordered the G9, but sadly due to the ridiculous RTX30 situation will only have my GTX 970 to drive it. It's DisplayPort 1.2, not 1.4 so I believe it will work - just not necessarily at max resolution/refresh.

Any advice/other things DP1.2 might cause that I should be aware of?

I would love an RTX 3080, but given situation I think it's more prudent to wait and see what AMD release and if Nvidia drop a TI edition into the mix etc.

Associate
I have a new order being delivered tomorrow (from another retailer not Samsung), will return my N6 to Samsung, the popping is annoying enough to have to live with it for years. This will hopefully be 3rd time lucky..no idea what build month I will get but I'm hoping it's genuinely new stock that has landed.

FYI mine turned up today and it was an N5 so I refused the delivery. The search goes on for a more recent build.

Associate
Bye bye lovely but blemished N8, off with DPD you go.

Now my 27" flat monitors look convex curved.

@Mamoulian Let us know if they have replacements in hand for people in your situation or if they have to wait for new stock to land before they can give you a replacement?

I'd be very impressed! In Samsung's opinion all of their monitors are perfect and there are no problems. There's penty of demand so they'll be selling them.

I wonder which of these I will get:
1) A replacement sent from the next batch, at least N8
2) An N6 that someone else sent back last week
3) The same one back
4) A refund

Associate
I'm getting the cracking sound now when turning on/off. Is this down to the electronics or the plastic heating up? This is one of the reasons why I sent back the CRGs! Strange thing is, for the first week no noise at all, then suddenly started. :Z

Associate
I think it's the plastic casing doing it. Seems to be an issue with most of the builds circulating in the UK, I've had an N7 and and now an N6 with this, and I've read reports of it with N5's and N8's.

Associate
Associate
Im having faint white lines in each change of the color's gradient , more visible in gray.. in this test is evident http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/gradient.php#gradient-h.png With HDR on, this effect is more visible. Also, with 10 bits color, it is worse than with 8 bit. Doesnt matter if using display port or hdmi, 60 120 or 240hz, or any other settings... Anyone with a G9 could do this test too? With HDR on and 10 bits of cor... and tell me if has any white line betewen the gray ?

Associate
Only appear with HDR on. https://ibb.co/dQdVGSB

After further investigation, I have more new on my problem: If I turn on the PIP/PBP mode, the problem only appear in one of the two screens, doesnt matter the side of the painel (left or right - u can choose where the DP1 and DP2 will show), doesnt matter the cable (I changed them several times) .... I think this could be some firmware corruption?? Dont know... Already downgrade to 1005.4 to no success...

Back
Top Bottom