** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
You can either have either of the connection side by side covering half screen each or one covering the whole middle.
In latter case if your single signal is not wide enough to cover the whole screen you will have black bars on either side.
Hi

I have basically the same question as N0ddie but I'd just like to check if you do the same thing with a PC inputting at QHD? If I have a game my GFX card cant run at the full superwide (a GFX upgrade + G9 is crazy money) DQHD, is it possible to just drop it down to QHD and play the game in the middle of the screen as though its a 27"? Everything ive seen about this just references consoles so I wanted to double check.

Associate
Does the G7 4K G70A have a fan? Most of the 4K 144hz monitors seem to have a little fan inside.

I can’t hear anything, but the monitor crack and pops while warming up, it does get pretty warm if you sit front of it you can notice heat on your face.

I have basically the same question as N0ddie but I'd just like to check if you do the same thing with a PC inputting at QHD? If I have a game my GFX card cant run at the full superwide (a GFX upgrade + G9 is crazy money) DQHD, is it possible to just drop it down to QHD and play the game in the middle of the screen as though its a 27"? Everything ive seen about this just references consoles so I wanted to double check.

Yes it works against lower resolution signals. Just expect black bars.

Associate
So I took the plunge and ordered one of the G9s. It came on Friday and literally has been on all weekend giving it a god work out. It is mounted on my sim-rig so has spent 95% playing iRacing. The thing is such an upgrade over my old Asus PG348Q which tops out at 100Hz. So smooth.

I have plugged the PS5 into it also and after some footering about settled on just using the middle 27" (2560x1440P) aspect ratio.

Associate
Hey all. I've had the G9 for a over a year now and it started making loud rattling from the right hand side. Even lightly shaking the desk is enough to trigger it. Anyone have this issue?

Also, I registered the monitor when Samsung was giving 3 year warranties but now it says that it is expired on the site. Anyone know if they are still honoring it?

Edit: Video added https://www.dropbox.com/s/09cgdvx1g7obgd8/20220213_224112.mp4?dl=0

Soldato
Hey there,

I am considering upgrading from my 2 x 27" monitors to the G9 but have some concerns/questions.

So at the moment I have my main PC and a HP EliteBook 840 G3 as my work laptop, and I can't install any software on my work laptop. I have a KVM setup so that I can easily switch between the 2 machines on my 2 x 27" setup.

Now with the G9 I know I could do PBP with the 2 machines but I will loose a lot of work space when working and this is important. So I am thinking of the following setup:

Main PC direct DP link to G9. Then a DP KVM (Lindy 3840 x 2160) with the work laptop linked directly and a DP to HDMI cable linked to the Main PC. I obviously don't need the full resolution for working but will the laptop be able to fill the screen or will I get black bars showing?

Thanks.

Soldato
Brand spanking new G7 32"... and dead yellow subpixel in the center region of the monitor.... I cannot catch a break. It sticks out like a sore thumb when browsing around the web.

Soldato
Shouldn't dead pixels be black?

I thought colored fixed pixels were just stuck.
It is black.. and it was very visible on plenty of sites with bright/white backgrounds and/or columns. But I actually spotted it while watching a hearthstone replay vid on YouTube. As I said, it sticks out to me like a sore thumb.

Associate
Currently on my third fault with my 32" G7, received with a damaged screen then left waiting and not told none available from Samsung, ordered from elsewhere and it started flashing and flickering, sent for repair and panel replaced, returned with a dead pixel and off for repair again. From a company like Samsung and for the price terrible quality control

Associate
Anyone using a curved speaker with the G9? I am looking for something which will sit between the front of the monitor as I have some pebble speakers but are behind, desk isn't wide enough to have them sat beside the monitor.

Associate
After trying multiple Dell S2721DGF monitors and returning them due to defects, I took a chance and ordered a 27" G7 to try out. The one thing I was certain I would hate, the curve, is actually not an issue at all but there are others. :rolleyes:

The main problem being the scanlines. It is known that certain sites and images will trigger the darker lines along with the buzzing/coil whine, but I'm seeing faint versions of them on regular content too. I see thin horizontal lines in anything with certain tones of orange and blue. It reminds me of interlacing, but not across the entire screen.

Is this normal for the G7 or is it defective? I've updated the firmware to 1014.1 but to me it seems worse than when it was on 1011. Might anyone have a link to download previous versions? If that doesn't work it's going back because I hate the damn scanlines.

Associate
After trying multiple Dell S2721DGF monitors and returning them due to defects, I took a chance and ordered a 27" G7 to try out. The one thing I was certain I would hate, the curve, is actually not an issue at all but there are others. :rolleyes:

The main problem being the scanlines. It is known that certain sites and images will trigger the darker lines along with the buzzing/coil whine, but I'm seeing faint versions of them on regular content too. I see thin horizontal lines in anything with certain tones of orange and blue. It reminds me of interlacing, but not across the entire screen.

Is this normal for the G7 or is it defective? I've updated the firmware to 1014.1 but to me it seems worse than when it was on 1011. Might anyone have a link to download previous versions? If that doesn't work it's going back because I hate the damn scanlines.
I think it is a known issue on these and on the 32" I had, it's the reason why I refunded mine and switched, the monitor is great, image and curve etc, but I tried different BIOS files from other regions as well and nothing seemed to fix it so gave up after a couple of Samsung repairs and switched to a LG C2 42", I just didn't think they would fix it and didn't want to miss the refund option.

Soldato
Ok I havent bought this monitor, but the 40” LG UW. I come to you guys for some advice about wall mounting large chonky monitors. What are you using to do so? I have found the ergotron hx but can’t find anywhere to buy it (reputable that is). What are you using?

Back
Top Bottom