** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Hey guys, do any of you know how to get this monitor to update the firmware? I have the G7 27" and I have followed Samsung's instructions exactly on how to update the firmware. Formatted the usb flash drive memory to FAT32, saved the bin file onto the USB stick but when I plug it into the service USB port on the monitor it just says "No USB devices detected" I tried the other port just in case but to no avail. I tried some other suggestions that seemed to have worked for others such as turning the monitor off, unplugging it, then plugging it back in with the USB drive inserted. I have tried formatting the USB stick to a non-bootable drive but that didn't work either, I even tried disconnecting all the other cables from the monitor (besides power of course) and it still gives me the same message (No USB devices detected). Anybody got any suggestions as to what could get it to work?

Associate
The correct port is one towards back of monitor I believe.
Stick should be non-bootable.
Large sticks may be problematic. I used my trusty 16GB USB2 Kingston which I know worked everywhere as boot drive and bios flash drive.
So try something smaller and older.

Associate
The correct port is one towards back of monitor I believe.
Stick should be non-bootable.
Large sticks may be problematic. I used my trusty 16GB USB2 Kingston which I know worked everywhere as boot drive and bios flash drive.
So try something smaller and older.

I am using a SanDisk Ultra 16GB USB 3.0 drive, Think that USB 3.0 is too new? I doubt it considering the ports on the monitor are 3.0 so it should work. :p

Associate
Hey guys, do any of you know how to get this monitor to update the firmware? I have the G7 27" and I have followed Samsung's instructions exactly on how to update the firmware. Formatted the usb flash drive memory to FAT32, saved the bin file onto the USB stick but when I plug it into the service USB port on the monitor it just says "No USB devices detected" I tried the other port just in case but to no avail. I tried some other suggestions that seemed to have worked for others such as turning the monitor off, unplugging it, then plugging it back in with the USB drive inserted. I have tried formatting the USB stick to a non-bootable drive but that didn't work either, I even tried disconnecting all the other cables from the monitor (besides power of course) and it still gives me the same message (No USB devices detected). Anybody got any suggestions as to what could get it to work?

What size USB Flash you using? I tried at first with a larger 64Gb one and it had the same issue....after reading on Reddit to try a smaller one (16GB), I did and that worked fine.

Associate
Holy smokes - G7 27" arrived earlier today.
I'm glad I've gone for the 27", I think the 32" would just be slightly too big.

Butter smooth, great blacks, great colours.... curve is slightly odd on desktop/FPS games but you get used to it quick.

Associate
Holy smokes - G7 27" arrived earlier today.
I'm glad I've gone for the 27", I think the 32" would just be slightly too big.

Butter smooth, great blacks, great colours.... curve is slightly odd on desktop/FPS games but you get used to it quick.

This is good to hear, I'm waiting still for the 27", and think the 32" would have been too large for my desk and current setup but still worry I should have ordered that instead. I'm sure, if OCUK ever deliver it, it'll fit in on my desk and still look too big.

Associate
Hey guys, what's the consensus here about the flickering issue? Is it a small batch of monitors with problems that the vocal minority are making it seem like a bigger issue than it really is or is it a genuine issue with most displays?

Maybe it's just an issue with the first batch of monitors and if I order now they might be fixed by the time it arrives?

Really want to pull the trigger just concerned is all.

Cheers

Associate
I don't think its just a batch.
But people make too big number of it. It only affects Adaptive sync. Can't see why use it instead of stable 240Hz.

Permabanned
Due to the fact its a £600+ item that was certed to work with G-Sync and who can get a stable 240FPS in all modern AAA games today (Samsung must have sent a special batch to Nvidia to pass the cert).

Associate
Associate
Why make a premium screen, and not just use proper nVidia chips. I am guessing there would then be no flickering and it would be rock solid?

If this pushes the price from £1279, to £1479, then so be it. If you are that price sensitive then maybe the top end of PC gaming isn't for you.

Just a shame to see compromises on what could otherwise be a legendary screen.

Back
Top Bottom