New Samsung S23A700D 120Hz

Associate
Out of interest for those that did the Samsung VAT cashback how long did you have to wait?

My claim was received on the 4th May and validated on the 21st, it says it may may take up to 30 working days to process which taking the bank holidays into account means around the 4th of July or so. Not getting worried just yet as still well within the outlined timeframe, but I don't really see what the hold up is once my claim has been validated.

Took 16 days for mine to be validated but I got the first offer so there wasn't as much as a queue as there is now. I had the money 4-5 days after I got approved IIRC.

EDIT: I thought I got paid and all from them but I got an email this morning telling me that my claim has been validated and approved and should be paid soon. Will be a nice 40 euro when I get it :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Just had the same email today. Bit of a ****-poor excuse really claiming high levels of participation, people are not going to turn down free money, of course everyone was going to be all over it especially given the good price when OcUK had a promotion on(£154.15ex). Surely if the claim has been validated all they need to do is get it processed, I can't believe a massive organisation like Samsung doesn't have some sort of system for making automated payments.

Associate
(Sorry for my english) Hi, i just ordered the s23a700D but i heard VGA and DVI are phased out in 2015 and since HD3D don't work with DVI , should i rma my s23a700d and get a S23A750D wich come with DisplayPort for future proof ?

Man of Honour
I wouldn't, 2015 is 3 years away and even then I can't see DVI being genuinely phased out in terms of ability to connect to graphics cards, I'm sure there will be an adapter if that were the case (similar to how there is dvi->vga)

Soldato
Well I'm glad I bought mine when I did then.

I must say, having used the monitor for about a week or so now, it is AWESOME! I absolutely love it. The glossy screen is fantastic and the black levels compared to my old monitor are fantastic.

Gaming has never been better, not only does the better resolution help, but the aforementioned black levels and the colours in general are making games like Skyrim look so so so much better.

Photo editing over my last monitor is also massively improved.

I LOVE IT!

Associate
Well I'm glad I bought mine when I did then.

I must say, having used the monitor for about a week or so now, it is AWESOME! I absolutely love it. The glossy screen is fantastic and the black levels compared to my old monitor are fantastic.

Gaming has never been better, not only does the better resolution help, but the aforementioned black levels and the colours in general are making games like Skyrim look so so so much better.

Photo editing over my last monitor is also massively improved.

I LOVE IT!

I agree, Skyrim looks gorgeous on this monitor. As you mentioned the blacks and colours are incredibly vibrant.

Associate
(Sorry for my english) Hi, i just ordered the s23a700D but i heard VGA and DVI are phased out in 2015 and since HD3D don't work with DVI , should i rma my s23a700d and get a S23A750D wich come with DisplayPort for future proof ?

It DOES work. Don't mind the interview you read. Me amongst others are using it over DL-DVI. All formats.

Soldato
I did promise some Eyefinity videos of these for someone a rather long time ago... Better late than never eh?

I still think they are fantastic monitors but I haven't really had many woes similar to what you guys have had, I had 1 monitor which had a cluster of dead pixels but I was promptly sorted out by OCUK :) My Vat cashback also came through fairly fast (took about 3 weeks).

Anyways, I'm loving 120hz and Eyefinity setups are great with them as the bezels are so slim and can almost be flush with each monitor due to how slim they are.

Associate
I did promise some Eyefinity videos of these for someone a rather long time ago... Better late than never eh?

I still think they are fantastic monitors but I haven't really had many woes similar to what you guys have had, I had 1 monitor which had a cluster of dead pixels but I was promptly sorted out by OCUK :) My Vat cashback also came through fairly fast (took about 3 weeks).

Anyways, I'm loving 120hz and Eyefinity setups are great with them as the bezels are so slim and can almost be flush with each monitor due to how slim they are.

Did you adjust settings for the bottom video? Looks more natural (realistic) than the top video when you look to the sides.

Soldato
Did you adjust settings for the bottom video? Looks more natural (realistic) than the top video when you look to the sides.

I think its the difference in games, pCars (second video) is already perfectly setup for multi monitor support with the FOV and such auto adjusting. rFactor 2 (first video) does have some options but the FOV was slightly messed up, I tried to change some of the camera settings but it didn't seem to do much. I haven't done much research into changing those settings in rFactor 2 though as I only had a little time to play last night, I'm sure there is an easy fix though to make it look more natural and less warped.

Soldato
maxi, I'm soo jealous!

Fantastic setup there mate.

I bet your ticker was thumping at a crazy speed because you were filming and couldn't **** it up!

You obviously didn't see the end :p

The vibration on that track is immense on rFactor 2 and well the pCars track speaks for itself... So many fast blind corners!

Soldato
Just had the same email today. Bit of a ****-poor excuse really claiming high levels of participation, people are not going to turn down free money, of course everyone was going to be all over it especially given the good price when OcUK had a promotion on(£154.15ex). Surely if the claim has been validated all they need to do is get it processed, I can't believe a massive organisation like Samsung doesn't have some sort of system for making automated payments.

Bought mine for £154 ex VAT. On the 9th june it was 36 days for me since validation and the validation email said "Typically payments are processed within 30 working days. You will receive your payment within this timeframe." Clearly not!

I emailed them on the 9th, was told of the delay due to demand and that my case will be escalated and prioritised and I'll receive the VATback in 7 to 10 days. Today was day 10. Am I meant to get an email saying if it's been paid?

Soldato
Bought mine for £154 ex VAT. On the 9th june it was 36 days for me since validation and the validation email said "Typically payments are processed within 30 working days. You will receive your payment within this timeframe." Clearly not!

I emailed them on the 9th, was told of the delay due to demand and that my case will be escalated and prioritised and I'll receive the VATback in 7 to 10 days. Today was day 10. Am I meant to get an email saying if it's been paid?

I didn't, I just noticed some extra fund in my bank account from Samsung.

Soldato
I didn't, I just noticed some extra fund in my bank account from Samsung.

I just rang them and was told it was paid into my bank account on the 14th June, 3 days after they emailed me saying they would prioritise it, so that's good. I've just seen it on my latest bank statement, under their trading name 'opia ltd'.

£30.83 refund, bringing my actual purchase down from £184.98 to £154.15. Bargain :)

Back
Top Bottom