New Site Feedback

OcUK Staff
OP
"All Details" on the right hand column on the homepage really needs to be in line vertically with the order and in stock information. Minor but unbelievably anal as a web design element. [Chrome 46, Windows 7]

Agree with comments that it is really busy and really bright now.

Just removed it, don't see the need in it saying all details when if you click anywhere it takes you to the product (excluding add to basket and stock)

OcUK Staff
OP
Agreed, having some more information will give people the opportunity of making a more informed decision on whether to buy or not.

Unfortunately its not possible with the system we employ, when an item goes in to b-grade the b-grade code relates to the original stockid not the actually item. i.e. BG-XXX-XX can have a stock count of 10, pointing to multiple products, we would probably run out of useable stockids very quickly if it did not do this as every single bgrade item would need a unique code.

For this reason we unfortuantely cannot tell you the full product details as they are not unique.

OcUK Staff
OP
We have hired someone now to clean up content but there is a lot to go through all over the site. Hopefully as he gets fast with the system everything should be cleared up more and more. The old site was even worse for spelling mistakes.

OcUK Staff
OP
Actually mobile or phone, but more people own a mobile than a home phone these days, also you could put gibberish, but then if we need to call you about your order it would have to be an email instead. I need to mark that it is mobile or phone, mobile would be better though so we can integrate the couriers text alerts

OcUK Staff
OP
Not complaining but.... The old 'Report Website Mistakes' thread had been going for 2 years and reached 20 pages, this has been going for a week and already 11 pages :rolleyes:

2.years you say? So like 6 or so years AFTER the site originally launched? Of course there was less comments, by that time people had got used to the site and most bugs were fixed. Over half of the comments here are people saying they don't like it, not bug reports, the original site had so many flaws it had to be rolled back, fixed then made live again.

OcUK Staff
OP
I manage a team of 45 user experience and creative designers, trust me it really does suck

Ahhh I feel bad for you that must be horrible. We are just 2 in our little company (6 if you include the parent company) But we also do the in house software too ..

OcUK Staff
OP
I've got a weird one. My billing address is mostly correct except it says Portsmouth, Berkshire in it. Thinking I must have made a typo (I live in Portsmouth but work in Bracknell in Berkshire) I went to edit the address but it does actually show as Hampshire in there. Clicking 'Change' to update results in a 'Saved successfully' prompt but it still lists as Berkshire. Indeed, changing it to anything else and saving the changes still leaves it saying Berkshire on the main account page. I've since discovered that changing the county on my delivery address to 'test' will change the county on both my billing and delivery addresses.

My default delivery address is set to my work address. If I choose 'Other' for a delivery address it lists my work address and two previous work addresses but I can't delete them. Annoyingly I don't get the option of my home address for delivery either. I realise I can just edit the delivery address but I'd expect to see a home address option. Should that be there? How can I delete the old addresses?

This should be fixed.

Regarding the old addresses unfortunately the system basically just uses your old orders as your address book.

I think this is something we should look at changing in the future.

OcUK Staff
OP
If your order fails there should be a button in your account order history next to the order to allow you to re add the products to the basket (Configurators unfortunately I believe get readded at default config) This may not work if some of the products have since gone EOL and there's no stock.

If you do have troubles yourself with orders or such please use the bug report button on the bottom of the web page, the email will come to me and I can talk to you directly about the issues.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
The main problem with the new site is that their is no visual hierarchy (the eye doesn't know what to look first).

The first place that the eye should look at is the tabs to "PC Systems, Laptops and Tablets" etc. But this is the LEAST visually interesting part of the page.

I did a quick mock up of how I'd start to re-order stuff (and recolour a few bits).

20av5p5.jpg

Hey guys we are going with this ....

OcUK Staff
OP
There used to be an option to select cases that were aimed at watercooling. I cant see this anymore? Could it be added back. :)

This was actually raised shortly before launch when we noticed it missing, however the case purchaser said that now pretty much all our cases are made to accommodate water cooling making the filter somewhat redundant

OcUK Staff
OP
Just because you are sitting in the UK, doesn't mean that's the only place we sell to. You are upset that the date format allows EVERYONE to understand the date? Just because you don't like the format.

I personally write all dates YYYY-MM-DD, because I am a programmer and I know that any date system will recognise this format without making mistakes, but also because it avoids confusion, we are a tiny island in a MASSIVE world.

To think the world revolves around us would not make very good business sense, if it does not make good business sense, we as a UK company fail, less revenue brought in to the UK harms the UK.

Making the date in UK format just because its UK format would be a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Back
Top Bottom