New Star Trek series - 2017

Soldato
Yeah, the second episode was poor, suggests there's someone or something going off with the crew that is out of place IMHO...

As someone said above, would have been better if Discovery had turned up during the mid-season 2 parter, if that's still a thing, not the second episode, we now are sat where its been a year since Ep1, somethings obviously kicked off if Burnhams got a ship , feel we've missed half a dozen episodes or something...

Soldato
I was expecting that ship to be Book's, and those two be a couple now - as odd as that sounds. Guess we'll properly find out in the next episode. I suspect she's on a quest to to save the galaxy and restore the federation from 'The Burn' before realising she probably caused it.

Soldato
Yeah, the second episode was poor, suggests there's someone or something going off with the crew that is out of place IMHO...

As someone said above, would have been better if Discovery had turned up during the mid-season 2 parter, if that's still a thing, not the second episode, we now are sat where its been a year since Ep1, somethings obviously kicked off if Burnhams got a ship , feel we've missed half a dozen episodes or something...
We find out in episode 3 what Burnham has been doing for the year.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Seeking out hair growing potions from the look of it.

I'm sure they still have weaves in a 1000 years :p

They had hair repressors in TOS so any bloke who wasn't from the Mirror Universe and didn't want a goatee could stay beard-free. So it stands to reason that they could have invented something to promote hair growth as well.

Though Jean-Luc Picard was clearly lacking in such ridiculous vanity and therefore didn't use it ;)

Man of Honour
It’ll be interesting to see where we go from here. We’re talking about a ship a thousand years or so into the future, surely it’ll be able to do little, or will they argue that with dilithium it makes it more powerful or something?

Soldato
I'm not saying you can't hear the audio but its just too much.

They drown all the dialogue out with over the top music, its so unnecessary, they don't need to add music for dramatic effect to every scene, the background music literally never stops..

Caporegime
It’ll be interesting to see where we go from here. We’re talking about a ship a thousand years or so into the future, surely it’ll be able to do little, or will they argue that with dilithium it makes it more powerful or something?

I suspect the advantage they have his their ability to jump and travel. Every other ship will need to watch their fuel gauge and they don't. But they are also a target and clearly from this episode unless they upgrade their defences, they are not going to last very long.

That 16 year old kid is going to be important in upgrading their ship. convenient plot device!

Back
Top Bottom