New Star Wars Rey Skywalker movies

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Just read Kathleen Kennedy is allegedly bringing back Rey Palatine erm Skywalker back for another movie taking place after Rise of Skywalker. She determine to make more movies despite the failures. Thought she was leaving Lucas film?

Last edited:
Associate
I personally won’t be going to the cinema to see them. I am not a fan in the direction that Disney has taking star wars, the only recent things I have liked was Rogue One and Andor the rest are very easily forgettable. It’s just become a cash cow for Disney much like marvel.

Soldato
Just read Kathleen Kennedy is allegedly bringing back Rey Palatine erm Skywalker back for another movie taking place after Rise of Skywalker. She determine to make more movies despite the failures. Thought she was leaving Lucas film?

KK won’t be happy until SW is utterly destroyed in the eyes of the original fans.

Another outing of the Instant Jedi Mary Sue played by an actress that make Keanu Reeves look like Sir Lawrence Olivier at the height of his acting powers should do it.

Man of Honour
Who better to bring back the Jedi order than Mary Sue herself.

The new series have potential, but I’m hugely skeptical about the films and anything with Rey in it.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
KK won’t be happy until SW is utterly destroyed in the eyes of the original fans.

Another outing of the Instant Jedi Mary Sue played by an actress that make Keanu Reeves look like Sir Lawrence Olivier at the height of his acting powers should do it.

Its bewildering Disney is willing to invest more time and money when the franchise is still reeling from the last batch of "new" movies. I dont mind Daisy Ridley herself but its the writing, the direction and lore behind the last movies that i have problem with. The ideas are crude, clumsy and unoriginal. It has totally disregards the rules set from its predecessors and just makes up its own comically bad ideas and plot lines. Lets kill the OG and then make things up as we go along and while we are at it, sprinkle some politically and socially charged topics that have no place in these types of movies imo. Cant we leave real life stuff like that at the door and just enjoy SW??

Oh no we buggered up with Snoke so lets bring back the Emperor with no explanation or reason. They dont have a clue!! Bombs dropping down in space :cry::cry: to a fleet of Star Destroyers just somehow constructed itself and burst out of the ground with planet killing capabilities is just laughable. What was the point of the Death star or the Planet killer base (lol another clumsy original idea/name) its just awful. What the point of the first movie - SW Episode 4 attack run on the death star when all they needed to do was to fly a ship at light speed and obliterate their target ignoring deflector shields and all. Dont get me start with Leia as well with her powers just horrendously bad. Its a complete travesty how bad the SW franchise has performed under her management.

It has further cemented KK's career of riding the coat tails of other more talented Directors/Writers/Producers like Spielberg and Lucas. You couldnt find a more inept person off the street that would probably have better go than she has.

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry, but there is no interest here in any continuation of the Star Wars films. I officially only recognise Episodes 1 through 6, and unofficially - 7 as well. But after 8 was released, well, we all know what happened to Star Wars at that point. It needed Mando (with Grogu/Baby Yoda and the potential there) to revive it and even now Mando is floundering in the water because of mismanagement that may lead it back to where it went before with Episode 8; Dead.

May catch it if there's nothing else to watch on TV at some point, but certainly not going in the cinema for it.

Caporegime
It wasn't made for you. :)
Some people always pedal this. It's rubbish because if it was made for kids it failed even harder.

I grew up on the OT, if they made it I had it. If it was on I watched it. When I went to school I played it. When I left school I read every expanded Universe novel.

When the prequels came out I watched them and apart from Attack of the Clones I enjoyed them. Revenge of the Sith is my sons favourite SW movie. It came out 4 years before he was born. For him and his age group and my slighter older nephews it had memorable characters, the merchandise sold and even fit in with the EU novels running alongside them.

The last trilogy didn't hit home with any age group. The OT fans detested it by and large, kids my sons age didn't give a stuff about the characters. I spend a large part of my life in a primary school and kids aren't playing it or talking about it. The toys didn't sell and you can't put it down to primary school kids being soured by Youtube. It just didn't resonate with them like Marvel Phase 1-3 did. They didn't look into in depth like the YouTube critics did and see how it whizzed all over SW lore. They were just poor films with terrible writing without the characters the prequel trilogy did to save it.

Yep Rey and Finn were terrible actors but Ford aside they weren't fantastic in the OT either. I mean Hamill is pretty dire but none of us cared. The story didn't make sense even in Empire in large parts and none of us picked it apart like the sequel trilogy because there was enough to love, we could ignore the shortcomings. There's almost nothing to love in the sequels, whether you are 50 or 5. They nuked the EU for the crud they have been churning out. (Don't get me wrong only about 10-20% of the EU was any good but at least in maintained some actual continuity with the SW universe).

The way to save this now is just to go all Marvel Spider-man and re-boot and go again. Admit it was an absolute disaster and start afresh. Maybe actually pick a time line miles away from what's been done and pick somewhere that's not a desert planet.

I hoped to never see Finn, Rey and Poe again.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
@dannyjo22 Exactly that's why both Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau have stayed well away from the sequels timeline and salvaged what they could with Mando etc. As far they are concerned they don't exist. That's how bad they are but can't openly criticise KK. The sooner she out of the picture literally the better.

Not sure how accurate it is but allegedly she got her mitts onto book of Boba Fett and changed Grogu journey cause KK wanted the focus to stay on him because he was so popular..Grogu was meant to go with Luke and become a Jedi. Things could still got hat way I guess.

Look at.this interview she bloody clueless and so disingenuous. Notice the use of we rather I haven't really anything to do with it cause I am such a failure. In reality I reckon she forcing Filoni to "fix" their complete **** up and don't care how you do it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I appreciate the hopeful nature of the above, however even as someone who viewed Mando as being the potential saviour of the IP, when you look back at, it was always simply "OK", and outstanding only due to the low bar environment it existed within. Similarly to Episode 7, which, when it existed in isolation may have seemed OK, but watching it back after the sequel trilogy is complete it's clear to see it has very little going for it. Holding on to the idea that Feloni and Favreau are "our guys" feels naive to me, unfortunately.

Soldato
Ignoring all the Mary Sue rubbish, ep7 had so many plot holes you could have piloted a star destroyer through them. To top it off though it just didn't feel like Star Wars - that's probably a JJ Abrams schtick tho as his Star Trek reboot suffered from the same issue imo.

• Haha
Reactions: Kyo

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'm amazed Daisy wants to come back, i thought the cast were done with SW after the mess Disney have made.

Because like so many actors, most of them aren't actually that big names and their only claim to fame is their association with a big IP. John Boyega got very big for his boots after a single Star Wars film. Daisy Ridley isn't a big name.

Soldato
I'm open to it tbh. It's an opportunity to "fix" a few things.

I was at the celebration event today. Really enjoyable. Saw a few stars including Filoni and Favreau.

KK had a few boos when she came out ;-p

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo
Back
Top Bottom