New Star Wars Rey Skywalker movies

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Looks like they are going to get the Ms Marvel Director - Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy is a Canadian journalist, filmmaker and activist known for her work in films that highlight the inequality for women.

Soldato
Looks like they are going to get the Ms Marvel Director - Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy is a Canadian journalist, filmmaker and activist known for her work in films that highlight the inequality for women.

Tbh I enjoyed Ms Marvel. It was definitely not made for the crowd on this forum though.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Tbh I enjoyed Ms Marvel. It was definitely not made for the crowd on this forum though.
I agree but is she going to revive SW and fix past problems. With that resume its very doubtful.

Last edited:
Soldato
I agree but is she going to revive SW and fix past problems. With that resume its very doubtful.

She's a double academy award winner. Given 1 of 9 (current) projects. I doubt the revival of SW hangs on one movie alone. You could argue with success of Andor and Mandalorian and the turnout I saw yesterday (1 of 4 days) - star wars doesn't need any reviving. It's doing very well atm.

Soldato
She's a double academy award winner. Given 1 of 9 (current) projects. I doubt the revival of SW hangs on one movie alone.
You could argue with success of Andor and Mandalorian and the turnout I saw yesterday (1 of 4 days) - star wars doesn't need any reviving. It's doing very well atm.
I think the D+ numbers for SW related stuff is far more telling than a limited crowd experience - and we all know the D+ stuff is on its arse numbers wise.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
She's a double academy award winner. Given 1 of 9 (current) projects. I doubt the revival of SW hangs on one movie alone. You could argue with success of Andor and Mandalorian and the turnout I saw yesterday (1 of 4 days) - star wars doesn't need any reviving. It's doing very well atm.

So you think the whole Rey saga is doing well and doesn't need fixing?? SW the franchise maybe with the TV series but if they are making more movies to expand the future for the sequels, then they need a miracle tbh.

Also her academy awards is for short documentaries rather than big movies.

Last edited:
Soldato
So you think the whole Rey saga is doing well and doesn't need fixing?? SW the franchise maybe with the TV series but if they are making more movies to expand the future for the sequels, then they need a miracle tbh.

Also her academy awards is for short documentaries rather than big movies.

Rey Saga is past. No one is doubting it didn't do as well as the other trilogies. But you're talking like it's current.

"Current" timelines Aka - bad batch/ andor / mando are doing very well. If you're asking me is star wars "currently" doing well. Yes it is.

Soldato
I think the D+ numbers for SW related stuff is far more telling than a limited crowd experience - and we all know the D+ stuff is on its arse numbers wise.

Have to be honest I have no idea what the numbers are. What are they comparatively to other non star wars shows ?

I mean the audience on this forum loved andor and mando right ?

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Rey Saga is past. No one is doubting it didn't do as well as the other trilogies. But you're talking like it's current.

"Current" timelines Aka - bad batch/ andor / mando are doing very well. If you're asking me is star wars "currently" doing well. Yes it is.

But I wasn't you did?. We are specifically talking about the main Rey Skywalker arc?? You keep bringing up other shows when they are set in a different timeline.

Last edited:
Soldato
But I wasn't you did?. We are specifically talking about the main Rey Skywalker arc?? You keep bringing up other shows when they are set in a different timeline.

You said "is doing well" :p.

Personally, I think Rey will be a supplementary character in the new movie. It might be standalone or a new trilogy depending on success.

Soldato
Have to be honest I have no idea what the numbers are. What are they comparatively to other non star wars shows ?
There are always issues working out viewership numbers with streaming shows, but the s3 premier of Mando has fewer views than s2.
I mean the audience on this forum loved andor
Oh god no, far less folks on this forum enjoyed Andor compared to other SW properties. It also didn't pull in nearly as many minutes viewed as other SW stuff, think it barely scrapped level with that dumpster fire called she-hulk for example.
and mando right ?
S3 is very polarising, dunno about here as I haven't bothered with it since about halfway though s2 . After so many misfires by the mouse with Star Wars, I just can't be bothered anymore, although saying that I did watch Andor and thoroughly enjoyed that, but that seems to be a flash in the pan as it were as I haven't seen anything else slated for release that's along the same sort of lines.

Soldato
I will probably never watch the sequel trilogy again it was that bad. I saw all those movies at the cinema and was one of the many millions who made those films such a financial success but they poisoned the well of Star Wars. I watch some of the TV shows but I'm being more selective going forward. I'll wait to hear something is decent before giving my time over and I'll need to hear any future film is good before I waste another pound in the cinema.

Rey was an awful character in awful films and it would take flipping genius to undo the mess they made.

Man of Honour
I don't get the point of posting an edited video where it cuts out the bit where Spielberg says "which were great"?

Non edited video here

It's because her management of the franchise is viewed as a failure, and this clip is supposed to be poking fun at her, which works better without that bit included. Not everything is 1,000,000% serious, note the comedy sound effect at the end. I'd argue that clip is more faithful to reality than the sequel trilogy was to Star Wars.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I will probably never watch the sequel trilogy again it was that bad. I saw all those movies at the cinema and was one of the many millions who made those films such a financial success but they poisoned the well of Star Wars. I watch some of the TV shows but I'm being more selective going forward. I'll wait to hear something is decent before giving my time over and I'll need to hear any future film is good before I waste another pound in the cinema.

Rey was an awful character in awful films and it would take flipping genius to undo the mess they made.

I did recently just in case my bias isn't over riding my honest opinion and I am sorry to say the whole thing was more a comedy sketch than anything decent. I found I didnt really care or feel any investment in the new characters or what they did. I am still speechless how they sold out the OG so cheaply than make anything substantial from them. It is almost like the writers/directors/producers have never watched, seen or read SW material. They thought they could produce any old thing and slap the SW label on it and it would be universally accepted.

It's not like there is 100s of books and games they could have gotten ideas, stories or inspiration from. They cant get away from being compared to previous movies and they were far from perfect.

Last edited:
Soldato
The sheer foolishness of not having the original trio together in the entire trilogy was such a wasted opportunity. They could have finished the first film with "Good luck Kid" and "I love you , I know" with Han and Leia sacrificing themsleves to let the new characters and Luke escape. We'd have had a huge pay off with the originals and still cleared the way for the new characters. 10 year old me would cry at what a disaster they made of it.

Strangely enough talking of 10 year old me I'm watching Clone Wars at the moment in odd moments whilst travelling for work and although it is a kids show it's best episodes are pretty good. I never watched them at the time as I was an adult when they came out. I loved Rebels and I'm just trying to catch up enough on Clones so I can watch Bad Batch which I've heard is excellent.

Back
Top Bottom