New system for my lad

Associate
Hi all, not put a rig together for years so totally out of the loop .

I have specd this system , and need some constructive advice .

My lad will mainly play
FPS type games

Also game such as totally epic battle simulator , rag doll type game , which can be quite consuming on load I would guess when he chucks in lots of units .

This is the spec of build

1 X OcUK Gaming Khopesh - AMD Ryzen 7 7700X RTX 4070 Ti Super Gaming PC - £2,049.98
SKU
: FS-124-OG
  • 1 x Kolink Observatory Y Mesh ARGB Midi Tower Gaming Case - Black Window
  • 1 x Build Stock AMD Ryzen 7 7700X Eight Core 4.9GHz (Socket AM5) Processor - Tr
  • 1 x Kingston FURY Beast EXPO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 PC5-44800C36 5600MHz Dual Channel Kit (KF556C36BBEK2-32)
  • 1 x Kolink Umbra Void AIO 360mm Performance ARGB CPU Water Cooler
  • 1 x Zotac GeForce RTX 4070 TI Super Trinity Black 16Gb Graphics Card
  • 1 x WD Black SN770 1TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME PCI-E Gen4 Solid State Drive (WDS100T3X0E)
  • 1 x Build Stock Microsoft Windows 11 Home Advanced - Systems
He current runs a lg G6 curved monitor .

Any advice willingly and gratefully appreciated .

Soldato
You could save a fair chunk of money or simply end up with a better system if you built it yourself, while ensuring quality components.

For example:

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,689.84 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

The 7800X3D is a superior gaming CPU to the 7700X, faster RAM, excellent power supply (OCUK tend to put poor quality Kolink PSU's in their systems), larger SSD.

You can pick up Windows keys for a tenner, or alternatively run without a licence with minor functionality loss.

A higher end GPU is also viable with the savings, a 7900XTX or 4080S etc.

That said, there are new processors releasing in a few weeks so waiting might be best.

£120 (incl. VAT)
£110 (incl. VAT)
FREE DELIVERY
£160 (incl. VAT)
£100 (incl. VAT)
£180 (incl. VAT)
£160 (incl. VAT)
£55 (incl. VAT)
£420 (incl. VAT)
£330 (incl. VAT)
FREE DELIVERY
Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi Gary thank you for the reply ,

I was trying to add the x3d but OC system would not let me !

I would also add I was trying to get it built , and delivered ready , as I said been a while since putting a system together , never mind remembering how to even boot into bios , or using dos commands :-/

But I appreciate the saving that comes with diy build , just worried I would get it wrong, hence using the pre built route .

Edit : what about ram speed and also getting the black wd2tb ssd

Last edited:
Soldato
If you have the parts you want you can always give OCUK a call to ask them to build it for you.

There will be a cost, I think someone tried to do this and was costing £300 (May vary so don't take that as the cost)

Soldato
If you have the parts you want you can always give OCUK a call to ask them to build it for you.

There will be a cost, I think someone tried to do this and was costing £300 (May vary so don't take that as the cost)

This.

Judging from the above the spec I listed would still work out about the same price as the prebuild but offer a better spec.

That said, building yourself really isn't that difficult now but I do appreciate the concerns when dealing with such expensive equipment. You don't need to fiddle with dos or anything anymore either, the whole process is very streamlined and Windows pretty much installs itself.

Soldato
Do be aware that AMD are launching new CPUs - the 9000 series - imminently and that high-end GPUs from Nvidia may appear late this year. Also Intel’s new GPUs are in the offing with that performance tier expected.

Associate
OP
Do be aware that AMD are launching new CPUs - the 9000 series - imminently and that high-end GPUs from Nvidia may appear late this year. Also Intel’s new GPUs are in the offing with that performance tier expected.
Yes I did note that there new chips due between 8-13 August, which will bring down existing chip price and also offer new tech , is this worth the wait , ?

Associate
OP
This.

Judging from the above the spec I listed would still work out about the same price as the prebuild but offer a better spec.

That said, building yourself really isn't that difficult now but I do appreciate the concerns when dealing with such expensive equipment. You don't need to fiddle with dos or anything anymore either, the whole process is very streamlined and Windows pretty much installs itself.
I have never heard / seen windows ever doing anything itself that well :)

Back
Top Bottom