New Top Gear (2011) BBC 2 8PM!

Nobody else will be doing double the speed limit though.

Really?

There another thread active right now on this forum about someone doing 60 in a 30 in a WRX.

I've been sat on the motorway at 80mph where I've had just normal everyday cars literally fly past, looking like they are doing 130+

Its not just GTR owners who speed, difference is they can at least slow down that much quicker.

Having been a passenger in a GTR on country roads, I never felt at risk or felt there was any danger to other road users, maybe other road users were a bit miffed/jealous how easily they were overtaken without the need for trying, but this is pretty much the case in any half decent powerful car.

Rowan Atkinson was awesome! The train bit could have been better had they taken it a bit more seriously. They could have proven their point, rather than dicking about.

^ That was kind of my point. I wasnt trying to start a disagreement, its just that to say that a car which is designed to do 140+MPH and then DOES that speed on a public road puts in danger all of those that are not. The roads are not designed for it, and 99.9% of the cars on it arent.

Just because you can doesnt mean you should.

Rowan is an absolute legend.

Was surprised when he almost burst into tears. Like it was a big achievement for him and really cared about it.

I saw an XKR-S go past me on Friday night, in that same horrible blue. I just thought it was a normal XKR with a stupid kit and spoiler on, didn't look very nice IRL but that could have simply been the colour as it looked quite nice in white on TG.

Rowan = awesome :) I always thought he wrote off his F1 though?

Back
Top Bottom