New Top Gear (2011) BBC 2 8PM!

alternatively he's just playing a stereotype on screen like the other two are ...

Nah, its pretty obvious Hammonds personality is affected by his accident.

I think even he was the first to admit this.

Still, what would you rather be? Dead, or alive but with some minor brain changes?

Really really really really wish they hadnt done the fire. Was so predictable, done before and ruined the train bit imo. Was an interesting idea though. Great guest also.

You are totally missing the whole point.

Anytime a caravan is on TopGear, its ALWAYS destroyed with fire!!!!

It's pretty obvious really, even though some people still dont get it and say "OMGZZZZ STAGED FIRE AGAIN, OH NOES, I MUST RUSH TO THE INTERNETZ TO COMPLAINZZ!!"

[TW]Fox;19606699 said:
I wonder why we always get 'omg there was like an actual... girl in the audience' comments in TG threads. It's as if a girl is some sort of noteworthy alien being or something :p

Its ludicrous.

The internet is crammed full of naked women, yet some people watching a SHOW ABOUT CARS seem desperate enough to ignore whats actually being broadcast, and scour the crowd for girls.

I'd be willing to be he also has SKY+ or something similar, and was freeze framing to get a better look.

Sad really, but hey, its the internet, seems anything goes these days! lol.

I'm sure I'll get taken apart for saying this, but that train piece was utterly crap. I don't mind most of the stunts, but that was a waste of time. The novelty of the car on rails was good, but they spun it out into too much slapstick, rather than doing much interesting with it.

Still, Rowan Atkinson was good and the GT-R was incredible to watch.

I'm sure I'll get taken apart for saying this, but that train piece was utterly crap. I don't mind most of the stunts, but that was a waste of time. The novelty of the car on rails was good, but they spun it out into too much slapstick, rather than doing much interesting with it.

I agree entirely

JC should have said 'What sort of face would an NSX driver pull' - I'd of laughed :p

The speed that GTR gets off the line seemingly defies physics.

Yeah its an awesome car, but I do think the way JC raved about its new ring time like it was unbelieveable despite the fact its slower than the newest version of the Corvette ZR1 was a bit biased, though he's never liked yank cars...

Yeah its an awesome car, but I do think the way JC raved about its new ring time like it was unbelieveable despite the fact its slower than the newest version of the Corvette ZR1 was a bit biased, though he's never liked yank cars...

The Corvette time on the ring vs the GTR (in the wet) according to Edmund's coverage of it. The Corvette is lighter, has more power but is still slower to 60 due to RWD only and manual transmission so that's expected. Nissan reckon a 7:20 or less time is perfectly doable for the 2012 car. I don't know if it was confirmed if that was the standard one or the Egoist though.

Still, the Egoist 2012 GT-R can hit 60 in 2.9sec thanks to weight savings and lighter wheels.

Mind boggling stuff from such a big and heavy car! Heck the pre-2012 GT-R was only a margin behind the Lexus LFA in the quarter mile drag race.

Last edited:

I totally agree!

Cringeworth TV which is more embarrassing than fun to watch. They're just playing poor parodies of themseleves.

Besides Rowan Atkinson and the GT-R segment the whole show was a joke.

Corvette ZR1 - Engine 6.2L supercharged V8, curb weight 1,515 Kg, 'ring time 7:19

GT-R R35 - Engine 3.8L twin turbo V6, curb weight ~1,700 Kg, 'ring time 7:24

So the Corvette is a whole 5 seconds faster, despite being considerably lighter and having a much larger engine. Presumably the Nissan's engine and handling are much better than the Corvette's.

Its ludicrous.

The internet is crammed full of naked women, yet some people watching a SHOW ABOUT CARS seem desperate enough to ignore whats actually being broadcast, and scour the crowd for girls.

I'd be willing to be he also has SKY+ or something similar, and was freeze framing to get a better look.

Sad really, but hey, its the internet, seems anything goes these days! lol.

Whoah there, slow down captains of obvious.

It's a car show, where men will be watching and men like cars just as much as women so they will look at both and comment on both, I don't know how much man you are but the majority of blokes will talk about both just like they do in a everyday social sitting.

What exactly is "sad" about that, please do explain in great detail.

You're just as bad as the people who anally complain about a segment that they didn't like because it made them cringe.

No offence to you guys but grow some balls.

Back
Top Bottom