New Trainers

Soldato
I paid WAY too much for these in their OG colour to add to my early Air Max OG colour collection..

aIQ8aXm.jpg

So thats the Air Max 1, 90, 180, Huarache, 93, 95 and 97 I have in their OG colours. I don't like anything past 97 but I do still want to add the Air Max 1 BW (I think I need the persian blue?) to the collection.

And then got these to mix it up a bit..

gA1DXC3.jpg

Soldato
Going to throw a challenge to the sneaker heads out there. I recently had a conversation with a friend and we were tlaking about trainers and i remembered having a pair of trainers which were the comfiest i've ever had and i wore them until they dropped off my feet. I decided to look to see if i could find a pair lurking around the dark corners of the internet but im struggling to nail down what im looking for as if i could find a pair i would buy them in a heartbeat. I orig bought them somewhere around 1998-2002. They were black and white with a black and white sole, Fairly low profile and mesh upper.

This is where the problem is, I could swear they were Reeboks but after some digging they were very very similar to this pic of some Adidas Ozweegos and specifically the Ozweegos below but the sole was much more pronounced with it bulging out the sides and a more circular pattern on the soles (See green lines on the Ozweego pic) They also werent so high up the ankle as the Ozweegos.

hCHuQ0r.png
Anyone got any ideas?

Soldato
Going to throw a challenge to the sneaker heads out there. I recently had a conversation with a friend and we were tlaking about trainers and i remembered having a pair of trainers which were the comfiest i've ever had and i wore them until they dropped off my feet. I decided to look to see if i could find a pair lurking around the dark corners of the internet but im struggling to nail down what im looking for as if i could find a pair i would buy them in a heartbeat. I orig bought them somewhere around 1998-2002. They were black and white with a black and white sole, Fairly low profile and mesh upper.

This is where the problem is, I could swear they were Reeboks but after some digging they were very very similar to this pic of some Adidas Ozweegos and specifically the Ozweegos below but the sole was much more pronounced with it bulging out the sides and a more circular pattern on the soles (See green lines on the Ozweego pic) They also werent so high up the ankle as the Ozweegos.

hCHuQ0r.png
Anyone got any ideas?
OG Yung 1s? Or maybe OG falcons?

Soldato
Sadly no the Ozweegos are like a 80-90% match to the trainers i used to have
Ah ok. I didn't realise they've been around since 96 in a few different variations so maybe they were ozweegos?

Or maybe something like eqt torsions 6XKxVSp.jpg

Only others I can think of with a bulging midsole and that sort of pattern is the crazy byw's but i don't know if that style was a retro of something back then maybe?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Has anyone had any success with Nike discount codes for Nike By You trainers?
I had a 20% off code, which worked for customised trainers, but I let it expire in December by accident.
I got another 20% code off customer services, but they say that no code they generate will ever work on Nike By You designs. It is somewhat infuriating, as I need to order x6 pairs, which is going to add up to a pretty penny without a discount.

Associate
Has anyone had any success with Nike discount codes for Nike By You trainers?
I had a 20% off code, which worked for customised trainers, but I let it expire in December by accident.
I got another 20% code off customer services, but they say that no code they generate will ever work on Nike By You designs. It is somewhat infuriating, as I need to order x6 pairs, which is going to add up to a pretty penny without a discount.
if your birthday is soon, you'll get a 25% off everything in your birthday month, assuming you have an account

Soldato
Those safaris are a hard yes... I'll have a go at the tiffanys just to resell, really not feeling them but AF1 aren't my thing anyway, only got 1 pair and never wear them.

These arrived on Sunday:

FFWx0KS.jpg

So i thught I'd play with a white lace swap and I like :)

th0ptnr.jpg

Soldato
Retail price so with delivery I think £187

These came last week too..

2uWR53M.jpg

The pics were staged for the other half who was in Oz at the time :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice, I managed to get 3 pairs (below retail). Heard quality control was a bit iffy on these so'll pick the best pair and send back the rest.

£190 + £7 shipping
How on earth did you do that?

And yeah, I was lucky enough to hit on 2 lost and found J1s and picked the best 2 shoes.. there was another too actually, maybe the pecan AM1s.

I've seen the reports of iffy QC on these though, as far as I can tell right now I only have 1 pair so fingers crossed. The weird bit being the left/right difference right?

Soldato
How on earth did you do that?

And yeah, I was lucky enough to hit on 2 lost and found J1s and picked the best 2 shoes.. there was another too actually, maybe the pecan AM1s.

I've seen the reports of iffy QC on these though, as far as I can tell right now I only have 1 pair so fingers crossed. The weird bit being the left/right difference right?

They released a lot of stock this morning at 8am on Size, FootPatrol and JD Sports websites, and used TopCashBack to get up to 8% cashback.

Loads of reports on Reddit about mismatching pairs and elephant print being inconsistent.

Back
Top Bottom