New World MMO

Associate
The majority still heading for Bitfrost when they open up transfers? I think when they do things will calm down as a lot of the US lot will be moving to their side.

yep I’ll be heading there, started again on one of the new eu servers they opened. It’s mainly German and not very populated so plan is to solo her until the transfers open up.

Caporegime
there's no garuntee they allow transfers to an already over populated server.

bifrost, midgard etc might not even be an option and if everyone wants to play on the same server we would likely have to choose somewhere else.

Last edited:
Soldato

bifrost, midgard etc might not even be an option and if everyone wants to play on the same server we would likely have to choose somewhere else.

I think it's pretty much a guarantee they won't allow transfers to highly populated servers, it doesn't make sense to. I'm pretty happy on the server I'm on, it has queues still, but I mostly play alone for the moment anyway.

Associate

My assumption is that a lot of the population on these servers is Americans who ran here to grab names and they themselves will move when the chance opens up.

Associate
What's the PVP content/requirement like so far? I'm mostly about the PVE but I think New World has quite the focus on PVP. What's the deal, folks who are playing it?

It's OK just remember to build a camp fire close to the action or be prepared for long walks

On my server territory was starting to be taken over last night and forts were being attacked was fun trying to defend them

You can only enable pvp or disable it which is a bit of a draw back

Associate
I think it's pretty much a guarantee they won't allow transfers to highly populated servers, it doesn't make sense to. I'm pretty happy on the server I'm on, it has queues still, but I mostly play alone for the moment anyway.

I did worry about this and it’s why I’ve keep a low level slot in Bifrost. If they don’t let me swap a higher level then I’ve always got the fall back of that one.

Caporegime
What's the PVP content/requirement like so far? I'm mostly about the PVE but I think New World has quite the focus on PVP. What's the deal, folks who are playing it?
it's opt in/out at a settlement.

there are pvp quests but seems just for rep grinds and theres pve quests for the same rep anyway.

if you want to defend somewhere under attack you need to go flag up first

Associate
Have been enjoying this, currently level 17 and 14 hours played. But is FPS bad for anyone else in towns? I have it locked on 60fps but in towns gpu usage goes to 40% so fps drops to 40s.

Towns take a hit for some reason.

Normally at 1440p with High* settings I get around 80FPS and then in town it drops to around 55-60. That's with a 5600X CPU and 5700 RX GPU (overclocked with mem tweaks).

*Someone noticed in beta that if you select the Low preset and then change everything manually to High then you get a higher framerate instead of using the High preset. Probably works if you want to set it to something else, Medium, or Very High. No idea what's going on and can't be bothered to test with screenshots.....it works and I don't see any difference in quality.

Man of Honour
6/10 from Zizaran too, matches the score by Fextralife. I only know Zizaran from Path of Exile so no idea if MMOs are his sort of thing or not

Soldato
I cap my FPS to 30 before I join the queue, but that's about all I can think of.

Just done that and dropped the res to windowed and 1024. Which bright spark thought it would be a good idea to have a fully rendered 3d scene running during queuing :confused::mad:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Towns take a hit for some reason.
visible player tags apparently is a big hit on performance for some reason.

even high end machines set it to 5-10 apparently. I just set mine to 5 which is the group size anyway?

kinda weird since other mmos you can see dozens of name tags no problem

Just done that and dropped the res to windowed and 1024. Which bright spark thought it would be a good idea to have a fully rendered 3d scene running during queuing :confused::mad:
if you have msi afterburner try setting your power limit as low as it will go, change the priority arrow to it points towards power.

click the chain icon between power and temp so it's broken, downclock your card as low as afterburner lets you.

click the apply arrow, now go back to the game watch how much cooler your card runs but your almost guaranteed to get the exact same FPS. Make Sure You Turn Off Res Scaling, I think it was at the bottom of the visual settings

ALSO if your running afterburner it comes with rivatuner which lets you set an fps limit with 1 click and typing a number.
I keep setting mine to 5fps if I go afk or I'm in queue (I never AFK'ed for more than 45mins for the record and I just keppt coming back to the computer every 10 mins to press a button)

Last edited:
Associate
I used radeon chill and set min 90 / max 90 and it keeps my gpu temps under control in que or ingame, i have noticed my map feels stuttery when moving it though & i also get freezes if i am tabbed on to my second screen randomly.

Back
Top Bottom