New World MMO

Associate
I really don't mind it being simple, I love how casual it is. Gone are the days where I can sit in front of an MMORPG for 15 hours a day with no responsibilities with a hot bar of skills longer than my arm. For what it's worth this is a fantastic chilled little MMO.

Have to agree. What's the point of having 3 rows of skills.

Associate
I like worth a buy but disagree with his view ! Pushing the Q's a side I'm really enjoying myself in new world. ( 20 hours play time currently ) playing on US Server ( log in at 5pm everyday right away ) Graphics really nice but does drop a lot in Towns playing in 4k ultra settings at around 70-80 most of the time, While a agree the quests are a little boring and are mostly the same, Faction quests are pretty much the same unless you move to another town so can see his point on that but then again that's no different to any other MMO , I've been playing on my own and just going around the world questing and having fun and running from gankers :) The running around is a little boring I must say way to far to walk on a lot of quest, game seems to take a long time to level , I think people shouldn't review the game until they have got to level 60 and done all the dungeons to be fair ! you can't rate a game on just 60 hours of game play like this... anyway I am enjoying my time in the game and can't wait to finish work and play.

Also the games £35.00 you get more than your moneys worth of game fun at that cost.

Man of Honour
Have to agree. What's the point of having 3 rows of skills.

Theres nothing wrong with having loads of skills, providing that the gamut of skills are viable. EQ for example had loads of skills and many of them were worthwhile. Whats bad though is when you have loads of skills and then only 3 or 4 are worthwhile, resulting in you having bars of skills but only using the same 3 or 4 over and over. Thats where many MMOs mess it up, but do the skills right and imo its then much better to have 20 worthwhile skills than 4 worthwhile skills in an MMO. The key is whether the skills are worthwhile rather than the number of skills.

Associate
Ok, last MMO i played was GW2 and enjoyed it. My last MMO i spent many years on was LoTRO, absolutely fantastic. MY favorite MMO every is DAoC, in my eyes will never be beaten, going on my history is this one for me or another flash in the pan? :)

Man of Honour
Ok, last MMO i played was GW2 and enjoyed it. My last MMO i spent many years on was LoTRO, absolutely fantastic. MY favorite MMO every is DAoC, in my eyes will never be beaten, going on my history is this one for me or another flash in the pan? :)

I only played beta and havent bought the release but I will say this much, its not even close to how good Daoc was. Not by a long shot. Though Daoc was quite exceptional. My verdict after beta was that New World has potential, whether that potential will be fulfilled or whether it will end up as the flash in the pan you mention is whats holding me back from purchasing. I'll monitor and make a decision in a few months time

Soldato

As Tombstone has already compared DAOC, compared to LoTRO which is very story driven, and lots of skills etc, this is not the game for you. I love LoTRO and still play it off and on, but I wouldn't say they're in the same category.

Man of Honour
To me it feels the most like Guild Wars 2 but without as much emphasis on the 'groupies'

I'd concur with that, it feels the most like GW2 but without the depth, content, variety of GW2. I found New World in the beta to be very shallow indeed and very limited. Even its PvP made no sense, you could be out in the jungle fighting people from another faction and then 5 minutes later you would be doing a dungeon grouped with people from that "opposing" faction. Made no sense. Thats something which DAOC got right, the 3 factions in Daoc were seperate, with their own lands, their own dungeons etc, which makes far more sense to me. Even in WoW you wouldnt run to the Barrens fight a whole load of Alliance players and then go group up with them to do Scarlet Monastery.

Theres a foundation there to be a good MMO but it needs a lot more fleshing out, a lot more mechanics added, more variety etc. Really imo, it needed another year of developing rather than coming out now. As I say though, thats based upon my beta time not release, perhaps in release its been more fleshed out with more added , compared to beta but it doesnt appear so from what I've read and seen so far, which is why I am adopting a wait and see. My hopes (as I love MMOs) is that it will, my fears are that it wont and that people will quickly be bored and by the end of the year it will be leaking player numbers like crazy.

Last edited:
Associate
Put in 30 hours so far (early morning log in) and really enjoying it to my surprise. yes the PVE is rushed, copy and paste stuff but hopefully they will add better content in over time. Its a nice looking world and the sound is fantastic. Really like the gathering and crafting and the sense of progression.

WAB was never going to like it - so no surprise there.

Soldato
Played the Beta a little too much and wasn't going to get into the release...well I failed miserably. I love it.
Level 28, 6 of us playing but the queue times are rather silly. Logged in 1756 at position 1259. As of 1907, I'm 626.
Looking forward to moving to a less populated server with the rest of my siblings though. Can't come soon enough.

Associate
The majority still heading for Bitfrost when they open up transfers? I think when they do things will calm down as a lot of the US lot will be moving to their side.

That's my plan but I'll wait and see how things actually pan out with queue times. Hopefully the transfer window is generous so we don't have to rush a decision.

Soldato
Have been enjoying this, currently level 17 and 14 hours played. But is FPS bad for anyone else in towns? I have it locked on 60fps but in towns gpu usage goes to 40% so fps drops to 40s.

Back
Top Bottom