New World MMO

Soldato
Game itself is fun. Too bad about the bugs

Usually it wouldn't phase me.. I'm of the generation that cut their teeth on games like UO (before EA went to the toilet on it) where you actually had meaningful consequences/penalties for failing
And I've seen most of the big hitters which followed before we even had the likes of theme park MMO's (WoW)

So its from a position of patience but also disbelief when I see the entire EU cluster taken down because somehow they (allegedly something to do with confusing a "." with a ",") gave swathes of players hundreds of thousands of coin, causing a trade post Armageddon.

I'm not actually sure at this point if they have the capability to perform a roll back.. I mean the time to do it would have been the duping thing a fortnight ago

The genre as a whole needs a kick up the backside
(ff14 is not my cup of tea, though I will say the developer doing interviews is hard not to like)

The whole industry needs a kick up the backside, but they know they can release any old trash because pre-order and simp for terrible products. Look at BF whateveritisthisyear - they took two years to make this rather than one, and it is still absolute garbage, completely bare bones and stripped of features, but on sale for $70-$130. You cannot produce quality AAA titles.

There's no way AGS were ready to pull off an MMO, and they haven't because this isn't one. They have proven they cannot manage an economy or PvP, so what is left exactly? the story and lore are non-existent, the quests are the worst kind of copy pasta, the dungeons aren't good, there's no end-game, not enough content overall.

People have enjoyed the grinding it seems and it looks pretty...

No clear vision, not enough talent on board, and not enough time. This game needed two more years at least. This game were it not made by AGS and had endless marekting would be totally dead by now.

V F

V F

Soldato
The whole industry needs a kick up the backside, but they know they can release any old trash because pre-order and simp for terrible products. Look at BF whateveritisthisyear - they took two years to make this rather than one, and it is still absolute garbage, completely bare bones and stripped of features, but on sale for $70-$130. You cannot produce quality AAA titles.

There's no way AGS were ready to pull off an MMO, and they haven't because this isn't one. They have proven they cannot manage an economy or PvP, so what is left exactly? the story and lore are non-existent, the quests are the worst kind of copy pasta, the dungeons aren't good, there's no end-game, not enough content overall.

People have enjoyed the grinding it seems and it looks pretty...

No clear vision, not enough talent on board, and not enough time. This game needed two more years at least. This game were it not made by AGS and had endless marekting would be totally dead by now.

It's a real real shame Anthem nor Cyberpunk never taught any of them a lesson.

Soldato
It's a real real shame Anthem nor Cyberpunk never taught any of them a lesson.

They're a lost cause, they never learned from F76, Rome TW 2...

I suppose in a way though the pre-order cretins are funding games for the rest of us to play (and paying extortionate prices to boot), while we sit back and and pick the ripest fruit when it's quality has been assured and it is mature, and we pay hugely discounted prices, or even just get it for free. So all the Lemmings with no self or wallet control are useful in a way.

Like cannon fodder.

Soldato
unless the combat been improved I wouldn't even play for free, it's the worst I've seen in a mmo to date ;)

Let's face it, the game fell apart after a fortnight.

Can they even save it at this point? Because every fix breaks something else and they seem to have lost control of the code. Two options now, withdraw the game, reset it, and start over - not going to happen players will go mental, or soldier on and hope for a miracle.

Soldato
do you think with just with the box sales they have made a profit yet ?

**** yeah!

That's $36M if you just take into account the largest concurrent player numbers which was about 900,000, and that therefore must be nowhere near total sales. That's @ base price of $40, I think there was a deluxe edition to for pre-order, not sure about that though, but even if all were $40 that's still the figure I quoted.

V F

V F

Soldato
Let's face it, the game fell apart after a fortnight.

Can they even save it at this point? Because every fix breaks something else and they seem to have lost control of the code. Two options now, withdraw the game, reset it, and start over - not going to happen players will go mental, or soldier on and hope for a miracle.

When a lot of us hoped for a miracle with EA and Anthem, well you know what happened. Even though Anthem players were strung along for a long time with concepts getting fed out through twitter from Bioware.

Soldato
When a lot of us hoped for a miracle with EA and Anthem, well you know what happened. Even though Anthem players were strung along for a long time with concepts getting fed out through twitter from Bioware.

Yeah, that was a planned phased shutdown, there was never any intention of reviving the game with Anthem 2.0. Just better PR to quietly abandon the game 6 months down the line than immediately pull the plug.

Soldato
players up in arms at moment over new changes coming to the water mark system ive not played for a while myself
It is hella dumb effectively renders the trading post useless for armour/weapons.

Dunno what they are playing at tbh.they are spending more time screwing over the existing player base and less time implementing new content that will engage players new and old.

Back
Top Bottom