Newcastle takeover???

Don
They didn't say they didn't make a decision, they said they didn't reject the deal. And **** me, if they did reject the deal because PIF didn't provide the details they required, you'd be crying 10x more than you are now. I understand that you were getting carried away, dreaming of mega signings etc but you really need to open your eyes rather than desperately search for reasons why it's unfair.

You say that the PL didn't want the deal to go through, so tell me why the PL gave the consortium so many opportunities to move forwards with the deal? Why did the PL offer the consortium the opportunity of an independent arbitrator? That isn't the action of somebody that's scared. The PL were comfortable with their decision and were happy to allow a 3rd party to take the decision. The only people that acted scared were PIF. They had the chance to challenge the PL and they ran away. You're not going to answer but why? Why didn't PIF challenge the PL if they were so sure they were in the right?

Soldato
They didn't say they didn't make a decision, they said they didn't reject the deal. And **** me, if they did reject the deal because PIF didn't provide the details they required, you'd be crying 10x more than you are now. I understand that you were getting carried away, dreaming of mega signings etc but you really need to open your eyes rather than desperately search for reasons why it's unfair.

You say that the PL didn't want the deal to go through, so tell me why the PL gave the consortium so many opportunities to move forwards with the deal? Why did the PL offer the consortium the opportunity of an independent arbitrator? That isn't the action of somebody that's scared. The PL were comfortable with their decision and were happy to allow a 3rd party to take the decision. The only people that acted scared were PIF. They had the chance to challenge the PL and they ran away. You're not going to answer but why? Why didn't PIF challenge the PL if they were so sure they were in the right?
Crying not really, to me the deal is dead, I’m just hoping now that Ashley takes the PL to the cleaners if they PIF come back after Ashley has won all the better, I just want to see the PL rot now but we will find out soon enough

Don
Ashley won't take the PL to the cleaners. Any claim he can have will be peanuts to the League, even if he were successful.

I'd love to know what the PL have done so wrong in your eyes that you want Ashley to get some sort of pay-off out of them. Afterall, during this saga all chat from you and other Newcastle fans was that you weren't desperate for the deal to go through because you were dreaming of Mbappe, it was just because you wanted shot of Ashley. Now you want Ashley to make a few quid because PIF weren't willing to provide the League with the info it needed or brave enough to challenge them.

Soldato
Ashley won't take the PL to the cleaners. Any claim he can have will be peanuts to the League, even if he were successful.

I'd love to know what the PL have done so wrong in your eyes that you want Ashley to get some sort of pay-off out of them. Afterall, during this saga all chat from you and other Newcastle fans was that you weren't desperate for the deal to go through because you were dreaming of Mbappe, it was just because you wanted shot of Ashley. Now you want Ashley to make a few quid because PIF weren't willing to provide the League with the info it needed or brave enough to challenge them.
How the **** can you be brave enough to challenge some one that won’t give you a decision. The premier league have refused to give either a yes or no what part of yes or no don’t you understand??? As I said I don’t really care any more hence why you haven’t seen me in here since it fell through, all I want to see now is the PL burn, so much so I would be over the moon to see him take £300m from the PL, which I have no doubt he will do as he doesn’t waste money so he will win, got to admit it gave me great pleasure to watch the PL this weekend for FREE on BEin sports

Last edited:
Soldato
really you want the PL to rot? Wow. Bit extreme!
Yes I do, I would normally watch every match on a weekend, this weekend I didn’t feel the need, I watched the F1 qualification and race instead and caught up on some movies I have been meaning to watch, then purposely went to a pub that would be showing the Toon match on bein sports which was quite satisfying.

Don
They gave their decision on who needed to take the O&D test, PIF refused to challenge that and instead ran away. You knew that already though but you don't want to take your head out of the sand and admit it because it goes against your "the PL are being mean to us" argument.

For all your rage against Masters and the PL, you can't come up with anything tangible that they've done wrong here. You tried to claim they didn't follow their O&D test, which wasn't true and now it's "they didn't make a decision". The irony there is them not rejecting the takeover was the PL giving the consortium more chances to complete the takeover.! Imagine spinning that into a negative.

The reality is that you got carried away with the thought of signing Shaqiri for £50m and have seen those dreams dashed because a takeover by a savage state that's pirated the PL's content for years became too complicated and PIF walked.

And on what grounds does Ashley sue for £300m?

Soldato
They gave their decision on who needed to take the O&D test, PIF refused to challenge that and instead ran away. You knew that already though but you don't want to take your head out of the sand and admit it because it goes against your "the PL are being mean to us" argument.

For all your rage against Masters and the PL, you can't come up with anything tangible that they've done wrong here. You tried to claim they didn't follow their O&D test, which wasn't true and now it's "they didn't make a decision". The irony there is them not rejecting the takeover was the PL giving the consortium more chances to complete the takeover.! Imagine spinning that into a negative.

The reality is that you got carried away with the thought of signing Shaqiri for £50m and have seen those dreams dashed because a takeover by a savage state that's pirated the PL's content for years became too complicated and PIF walked.

And on what grounds does Ashley sue for £300m?
We will see in a few months won’t we! As I said I don’t give a **** any more I’m more than happy to watch what ever PL games I want for free and the PL doesn’t get another penny from me, I’m happy to take the PLs pirated content

Don
I'm not sure what we'll see? Is that in reply to my question about the grounds Ashley has to sue for £300m? If so, Ashley hasn't lost £300m as he still owns the club. If he's going to sue for lost earnings (assuming he has a case at all) then all he's lost wil be the difference between the offer and what the club could realistically be sold for now. Whatever that figure is, it won't be a significant amount to a League generating £bn's each year.

Soldato
I'm not sure what we'll see? Is that in reply to my question about the grounds Ashley has to sue for £300m? If so, Ashley hasn't lost £300m as he still owns the club. If he's going to sue for lost earnings (assuming he has a case at all) then all he's lost wil be the difference between the offer and what the club could realistically be sold for now. Whatever that figure is, it won't be a significant amount to a League generating £bn's each year.
Yes the PL generates £Bs each year no doubt about it, but how much does it hold in reserve? I bet it’s not as much as you think, kinda sure the PL clubs and filtering down to lower leagues swallows up most of the PLs money. Anyway this now goes 1 of 3 ways, the courts dismiss NUFCs case and side with the PL, the courts side with NUFC and award Ashley compensation or the courts state the PL had no reason not to give the consortium the green light based on evidence presented which forces through the takeover. That’s me done until one of those 3 happens, I will now go back to to watching the toon games for free in my local on Bein sports to make me feel better.

Last edited:
Don
Jesus woppy, you're losing me again. Firstly the PL would have no issue finding £300m. Secondly I fail to see how the PL could be liable for £300m as nobody has lost £300m. Ashley still owns the club that has a value. If Ashley is trying to sue for lost earnings, he can only claim the difference between what the offer was and what he could realistically sell the club for.

And I'm no QC or Judge but I don't think there's going to be some all in one case where a judge will rule that the PL should have allowed the deal to go ahead and or pay-off Ashley. I'd imagine that any case will be very specific with the objective either challenging the O&D's test in order to get the takeover back on or a straight forward financial claim.

Anyway, I'm not convinced that there will be any court case. I suspect that whatever happens will be agreed out of court, whether that's a solution regarding all the piracy issues, clearing the way for the takeover to go through* or a small pay-off to Ashley. And of course there's still the possibility that Ashley's just playing up to the crowd at the moment, getting all the Toon fans that hate him to hate the PL instead and this will all die down.

*Looking from the outside it looks like the reason why the PL have insisted on the state being a Director is because, following the WTO report, it brings the piracy issue to the table where the PL will then hold all the cards.

Associate
I agree with BaZ87, It most probably won't get settled in court. The only thing that puzzles me is that the Prem said they don't believe the Saudi's wont be a shadow part of PIF. Yet when the WTO report came out on the piracy it was understood by the WTO that PIF is completely autonomous from KSA. The Saudi High Court also gave assurances that they had no say in the running of PIF. Whether that is true or not I can't say, however for the prem to say they don't believe that isn't really grounds for a no decision.

Don
I think you're very confused about the WTO report and links between PIF and the state. The WTO report had nothing to do with the Newcastle takeover or PIF - it was purely looking into Qatar's complaint regarding piracy in Saudi.

As for whether the state controls PIF. PIF is a sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia has a totalitarian government with MBS the defacto leader. MBS just so happens to be the chairman of PIF too. The Saudi State (MBS) has total control over everything Saudi. Forget the states own sovereign wealth fund, which he's chairman of, if MBS decides he wants your house or even your wife, he'll take it.

Back
Top Bottom