Newcastle takeover???

Soldato
Another club ruined by the sounds of things. If they do go down the Man City/PSG route it'll be a real shame. I know anyone would always want rid of Mike Ashley but it just sounds like out of the fire into the frying pan.

RIP Newcastle

Man of Honour
That Staveley loves the limelight. Narcissist imo.

She has a really odd face, something just...odd about it. Does anyone watch Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia? You know Maureen, the woman who turns into a cat, Staveleys face looks like Maureens. Its just odd. I'm guessing its the result of too much botox or facelifts or something

Associate
90's to mid 00's is where football peaked.

Pre-premier league was the peak. The competition was much closer and finances much closer to being able to compete. Man United just threw the money at it in the 90's and pushed the costs up, chelsea upped the ante and so on.

He would be the perfect choice for Newcastle. He could get them competing within two seasons for Europe IMO.

Not a hope in hell. They will be in the same position as Everton this year. Spent a load of money to try and push up the table and now can't spend anything as spending within FFP has them signing players like the David Moyes era. 1.5 million here, 1m there and some loaners :D The only way they compete within two years is if they say to hell with it and spend 800m in the first two years. That won't happen.

Good luck to Newcastle, the spending is out of control and they have some serious backing. They will probably do something stupid like get Keegan back.

Man of Honour
I wonder if Ranieri is thinking damnit if only I had waited a few more weeks rather than joining Watford, I could have gone to Newcastle on a huge wage and had a nigh on unlimited transfer kitty

Caporegime
Another club ruined by the sounds of things. If they do go down the Man City/PSG route it'll be a real shame. I know anyone would always want rid of Mike Ashley but it just sounds like out of the fire into the frying pan.

RIP Newcastle

There's no chance the club is ruined, their fan base is much stronger than City's ever was or will be.

How else do you propose one of the most well-supported clubs in the country, that was once in the mix to win a title, gets back to that level without significant investment? Yes, the owners are terrible but the rest of the owners of the big clubs aren't exactly saints or do the right things for the performances on the pitch. I can't imagine the owners moving stadium as St James' is already massive and can easily be extended. As long as they don't try to rewrite the club like City have I think they'll be just fine.

Caporegime
Pre-premier league was the peak. The competition was much closer and finances much closer to being able to compete. Man United just threw the money at it in the 90's and pushed the costs up, chelsea upped the ante and so on.

Not a hope in hell. They will be in the same position as Everton this year. Spent a load of money to try and push up the table and now can't spend anything as spending within FFP has them signing players like the David Moyes era. 1.5 million here, 1m there and some loaners :D The only way they compete within two years is if they say to hell with it and spend 800m in the first two years. That won't happen.

Good luck to Newcastle, the spending is out of control and they have some serious backing. They will probably do something stupid like get Keegan back.
Pre Premier League the football was poor, the grounds and stadiums, if you could even call them stadiums were dilapidated and ancient, some parts from even the 30’s without much in the way of safety. The money may have spoiled things to you but it vastly improved stadiums for both players and fans, improved the type of fans with far more families coming along and improved the players on the pitch as well.

Soldato
There's no chance the club is ruined, their fan base is much stronger than City's ever was or will be.

How else do you propose one of the most well-supported clubs in the country, that was once in the mix to win a title, gets back to that level without significant investment? Yes, the owners are terrible but the rest of the owners of the big clubs aren't exactly saints or do the right things for the performances on the pitch. I can't imagine the owners moving stadium as St James' is already massive and can easily be extended. As long as they don't try to rewrite the club like City have I think they'll be just fine.
It’s not as easy as you think to extend St James, there are listed buildings behind the east stand and the land behind the gallowgate(strawberry place) Ashley sold for development a few years ago, there was planning permission in to extend on to strawberry place up to 62000 but that died when he sold the land.
TBH it’s more likely they will build a new stadium at leazes park or on the town moor

Caporegime
TBH it’s more likely they will build a new stadium at leazes park or on the town moor

Town Moor takes it out of the city and there will be plenty of complaints from those in Jesmond and Gosforth. Leazes Park is pretty much right next to St James right so it's quite the upheaval to move it a stone's throw away.

Fair play to Sam Fender rocking up on national TV, hungover, in a Newcastle tracksuit :D

Soldato
OP
It’s not as easy as you think to extend St James, there are listed buildings behind the east stand and the land behind the gallowgate(strawberry place) Ashley sold for development a few years ago, there was planning permission in to extend on to strawberry place up to 62000 but that died when he sold the land.
There's plans knocking about to extend St James by 20k I think by rotating the pitch. Still a tall order.

Soldato
Town Moor takes it out of the city and there will be plenty of complaints from those in Jesmond and Gosforth. Leazes Park is pretty much right next to St James right so it's quite the upheaval to move it a stone's throw away.

Fair play to Sam Fender rocking up on national TV, hungover, in a Newcastle tracksuit :D
Yep it would be a massive pain but if I bigger stadium is required that would be the only way, The spurs game is going to be absolutely jumping after yesterday, shame I still can’t utilise my season ticket

Pet Northerner
Don
Yep it would be a massive pain but if I bigger stadium is required that would be the only way, The spurs game is going to be absolutely jumping after yesterday, shame I still can’t utilise my season ticket

I'll be on a huge waiting list to get my ST back now. I ditched it years ago when it became apparent Ashley was out to milk us.

It'll be worth the wait.

Soldato
The "you don't know how bad we've had it these last 14 years/woe is me" that I keep hearing today from Newcastle fans is insufferable and ignorant.

For a club whose low point during that time has been getting promoted out of the Championship, it smacks of being completely delusional and shows how out of touch many Premier League fans are.

If you compare their fan experiences of the last decade and a half to those of Bury, Macclesfield, etc. or the formerly top flight clubs who have dropped like a stone (Portsmouth, Sunderland) or those that have been run into the ground (Derby, Wednesday, etc) then the Geordies have had a ******* great time of it.

Wimps.

Soldato
We have become the most hated football club in England over night which is fair enough, I don’t agree with the human rights in KSA and some things they do and have done are horrendous and I’ll happily voice that on here and in life everyday. Hopefully the takeover may positively benefit progressions in KSA especially as they are probably more under the microscope after buying a premier league club, but can I just ask though how many of you guys that all of a sudden hate Newcastle United also closed your Facebook account, stopped watching Disney movies or cancelled your Disney plus subscription, stopped filling up your car at Shell or BP oh and decided not to get the Pfizer vaccine among other things? Newcastle fans aren’t to blame for who buys there club, much the same as Manchester City fans weren’t to blame when the UAE bought them who whilst not a bad as the Saudi’s still have a suspect past.

Back
Top Bottom