Newcastle Utd, Official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
think we have a defence sorted....

Solano Taylor Ramage Huntington

Especially taylor and ramage in the middle, they have been there a few times now and have done a fantastic job.

The young lad huntington, he is playing with more pride that babayaro, i dont think babayaro should be in the 1st 11....he is rubbish and he doesnt care.

huntington may not be the best RB in the world, but he is very young, has plenty of time to learn and is playing with great pride for the club... so he is playing well enough so far. Them 3 players can play together and get better for years to come. All of a sudden we seem hard to break down.

if bramble gets put in when he's fit again ill be amazed... how bramble...carr...babayaro....or moore can get ahead of the lads at this moment in time playing like they do... well that will be hideous tbh.

Taylor has always been great potential and now he is proving it... Ramage is just steady and is doing really well in the centre...a lot better than him on the right or left. I think thats what we have needed..some good youth players that have come through and want to show their worth to their club... quality.

If we get some good permanent replacement for solano, even though he has been solid at right back, we need him right wing still or backup. But ive been well impressed with our defence the last few weeks.

It's amazing to think we've spent 8M and so on for defenders yet our best three seem to come from the youth system! Taylor was great again yesterday for Newcastle and got star man out of any player on the pitch including chelsea, ramage is the steady eddy and huntingdon's handled everything thrown at him.
Solano is playing great at RB and putting Carr to shame, I think we should stick with this backline but I can see Roeder putting Carr/Babayaro in just because they're fit, hope he doesn't.

was at the match last night and i can say that we were robbed, chelsea never really got going till about 60 minutes and even then we soaked up the pressure, obv we were robbed on the free kick, shame martins effot in the 1st half didnt go in

one thing that confused me was that milner was screaming for the ball in acres of space, literally all match, and no-one would give it him, at one point the crowd were screaming at parker, pass to milner, he turned around, saw him in space, and played it elsewhere, same at emre. poor milner must have thought why bother

nobby was immense at right back imo, taylor looked strong, ramage was dodgy as per

anyway still enjoyed it, although i was blooming cold

Another great result. Roeder really is doing a fantastic job considering the injuries we've got atm, I really do think we should keep him, who knows where in the table we would be if we had got rid of him.

My Christmas is just getting better and better. :D

Bring on MOTD.

im glad roeder is turning it around, im one of the only ones who wasnt calling for roeders head 7 weeks ago, look what he can do, and tbh the injury room is still full. Brilliant result for us today, and hopefully we can continue to climb up the table, xmas bonus of martins getting another goal today, really starting to prove himself, just needs to work on his offside runs

We seem to be having problems when we have a fully fit squad and roeder has to choose who to play. However when the team is picking itself because of injuries and such we seem to play quite well. Let's hope a few players stay injured for a while :p

Great result tonight, quite a turn around in the last couple of months, hopefully we can keep it up :)
Certainly made christmas better and my mackem mate has now stopped having a go! :D

I'm really glad I managed to get to the match. It was great to watch. It was nice to see Dyer wishing us all a merry xmas under his shirt lol. Must have grabbed a marker pen in the changing room.

Jet said:
It was nice to see Dyer wishing us all a merry xmas under his shirt lol. Must have grabbed a marker pen in the changing room.
I saw him lifting up his shirt on MOTD, but it didn't show what he had wrote on it. :(

I can't remember the last time Given made a good save, not because he's lost form, it's just a sign that our defence is getting stronger. Before he had to make countless saves in every game. But now his job has become a lot easier imo.

Our defence is fantastic....Ramage and Taylor have impressed.....AGAIN., amazing. Huntington had a good game, Solano had an iffy/ok game... a few dodgy kicks....but we managed.

Given...arguably the best goalkeeper in the premiership, never had any trouble (apart from the goal...deflected)....

PARKER...immense....tackles everywhere...proper defensive midfield performance... and a goal...steve mclaren must be impressed..solid..strong performance...just the player england need in the midfield.

Martins...great...another goal.. thats 6/7? in the league...great... seems like 10m well spent so far....a good buy, cant only get better too. only 22

Dyer, we really are a different team with him, REALLY impressed with his attitude and form since coming back also...what a goal... shearers bar went balistic! He is a gem, i just hope he stays fit because him and Martins work very well together.

Roeder...good man, i really like him, he has brought belief and stability so far...fair enough we arent 3rd..but given the situation with the injuries we have had...amazing job!... what a result today too...and the uefa cup. he is doing wonders...i really hope he can carry on the trend because he is a great fellow... genuine and he cares for the club, fantastic. today was awesome, i watched it at the stadium (shearers bar) and the feeling after the game was really positive, everyone was happy..cheering, talking about good things for the future, something i have seen for 2yr since bobby robson... it was really good... and a great feeling to leave us for christmas...people were cheering and chanting...when Pavel came on for Shay, the roof went up!!...amazing, felt like the Keegan days tbh and i am only 20.

except for his first goal kick...a bit dodgy :p

Tottenham were good with passing, but were rubbish up front.

one downfall.. we hardly kept the ball...but with Dyer and Martins up front...Emre Milner and Parker.. we were deadly and precise when it came to attacking.

Merry Christmas Toon Army... well done.

Also...

am sure Dyer's undershirt said "Merry Christmas NUFC southerners...."?

i think...

whatever mate...i seen a southern "Geordie" he didnt know how to get to the train station...oh well....he didnt know where the Strawberry was either...hideous! :)

nah... all fans welcome, he enjoyed the day and travelled back down with 3spurs fans...lovely :)

Fantastic result, made my christmas i'm soo happy the big guns scored - when they're performing then who knows where we can finish, Dyer has been a god since he's been back and he looks fit maybe hes back for good? One can only hope. Martins 10m a snip at 22, one thing though i'd like to see the ball given to Milner more rather than pass backwards.

Vegeta said:
Fantastic result, made my christmas i'm soo happy the big guns scored - when they're performing then who knows where we can finish, Dyer has been a god since he's been back and he looks fit maybe hes back for good? One can only hope. Martins 10m a snip at 22, one thing though i'd like to see the ball given to Milner more rather than pass backwards.

mate, merry christmas..! :)

3-1 ey!

lol, martins, awesome..strong and can head or shoot...not a one trick pony, am glad he has silenced the dodgy critics...so far he is proving he is worth that elusive no. 9 Shirt....i think he is great...i know some people given up on him a few weeks back...but come on...its his first season...i wasnt expecting the goalscoring form like this til next season tbh...but he is doing very well. OBA!!...at 22...i hope he stays and gives his all...wouldnt either consider him beating shearers record...but it will be beaten some point :)

Milner...awesome. if we sell him the club is stupid...now he is been getting chance he has been really productive...excellent crosser...and he can beat players... able on right or left....awesome potential. we are producing some young players so far and doing well...

martins, milner, huntington, ramage, taylor. all great potential and i hope we keep them in the main 11.

also, Dyer... what a revelation, the forgotton man....the guy that wasnt liked sort of....comes in after all this time... and performs like he has been playing regular for 2yr.....him and martins seem to play very well.

im happy for Dyer tbh, i know its easy to say "what does he care, he is on x amount a week"...but i think he was genuinely annoyed he couldne feature in the team....am just glad he has done this well...for the team and for him.

some reason today feels an amazing day to be a Newcastle utd fan. Best team to love ever....i love the ride ive been on for 10-15yr so far...looking forward to at least another 50yrs :).

i sound soppy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom