Newcastle Utd, Official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah well. Never mind. Shocking performance, but its all experience building for the kids. It's a shame, I thought we had a good chance of a cup run this year.

I think the club needs to drop ticket prices for midweek cup games, as the crowd was shocking too.

Hopefully we'll bounce back against West Ham, with a nice bollocking from Roeder after tonights shocker.

People need to bare in mind the injury situation at the club before venting anger at the manager. I personally think he's done an astounding job, and ironically, I think the future of the club looks decent because of the youngsters we have had forced into the team.

All said, a very dissapointing night.

Paul

I think the manager CAN be blamed for tonight, it's up to him to motivate the players and give the tactics.

The players looked like headless chickens tonight, kept passing it back and being caught in possession.

Martins can't pass, Pattison was SHOCKING.

From the 'youngsters'

Pattison - Awful
O'Brien - Ineffective
Ramage - Terrible
Huntington - Awful, looked scared in possesion
Taylor - Not one of his better games but the best of a bad bunch

Taylor is the only youngster from above worthy of being in the first team.

Injury wise

Ameobi - Rubbish anyway
Owen - Will he ever play for us.
Duff - Didn't look that good, which is worrying.
N'Zogbia - He is good, a loss at the moment.
Carr - AWFUL
Bramble - AWFUL
Babayaro - AWFUL
Moore - Too slow

Can't really see anything to be optimistic about there...

I understand what you're saying SeanyK, but we have to look at the bigger picture. We can't just write them all off on one performance.

The whole team was bloody disgraceful tonight, that is not in dispute. Tonight was just typical NUFC. We have high expectations after a stunning result at the weekend, then we blow it big time.

The way I see it, the team shouldn't be judged on that garbage tonight. If we play like that for the next 5 games, then fine. **** the manager.

I'm not making excuses for the match tonight, but so far Roeder has done a fine job with the resources available.

I just hope we actually sign someone decent in the transfer window!

Paul

I know what your saying dude, the worry is, I really don't think we have improved at all.

Tottenham were all over us, and due to their poor finishing and a bit of fortune for us, we managed to win, against the run of play (which is satisfying of course lol)

We did the same under Souness vs Arsenal, when we won 1-0, and really, vs Chelsea when we knocked them out of the FA Cup 1-0 (Kluiverts goal).

A game or so ago we had the same points as Souness had last season with the same P | W | D record...

:(

SeanyK said:
Martins can't pass * However you surely can't dispute his class. Give himtime, he's going to be one hell of a player, Pattison was SHOCKING.

From the 'youngsters'

Pattison - Awful * Yet he was superb on Sunday.
O'Brien - Ineffective *Agreed, unlucky to be brought on just before Taylors red card, so he didn't get much of a chance.
Ramage - Terrible *However, he has been superb this season
Huntington - Awful, looked scared in possesion *Superb against "best winger in the world" C Ronaldo, first bad game for us I reckon
Taylor - Not one of his better games but the best of a bad bunch *Should go on to be a club legend

Ameobi - Rubbish anyway * I think he's a good squad player
Owen - Will he ever play for us. *Yes he will. Near the end of this season.
Duff - Didn't look that good, which is worrying. *I've been dissapointed in Duff, but he's got undeniable class
N'Zogbia - He is good, a loss at the moment. *Future legend
Carr - AWFUL *Agree!
Bramble - AWFUL *Jekyll and Hyde. But crap all the same!
Babayaro - AWFUL *Agree with you there
Moore - Too slow * I quite like him. He's not brilliant, but he's behind Taylor and Ramage in the pecking order now (hopefully).

Can't really see anything to be optimistic about there... * I can see plenty to be optimistic about, lol :)

I've stuck my thoughts in after yours SeanyK, I don't know if anyone will agree, but thats my outlook! :)

Paul

Really bad game tonight, we never got going, no-one got it under control and passed it properly. Nothing went our way...

SACK ROEDER!!!!!!11111 :rolleyes:

Apart from playing badly there are a few reasons why we lost.

2 games in 4 days, the Tottenham one being particulary tiring for young, inexperienced players. And we had to field the same team. Dyer looked knackered, as did Butt who was a shadow of his usual self. Pattison isn't good enough but is a 3rd choice left wing so that's understandable. Without midfielders pushing foward Martins and Sib had too much to do.

Their first goal was offside.

Once we got back in the game somewhat with Milners goal Taylor got sent off which made heads drop.

Our midfield has been strong lately which has made up for an inexperienced defence. But with Butt still ill, Dyer knackered and Parker, Emre, Duff, N'Zogbia injured it was too difficult.

I hardly think it was the worst performance of the season like, Sheff Utd was much worse. People seem to be forgetting our injury troubles have gotten worse, not better and we are still in the UEFA cup whilst moving up the Premiership.

This will be a blessing in disguise in some ways. With a full strength squad we can play in numerous competitions but not with the injury troubles. At least this way players will be fitter, rested and less likely to get injured. We were hardly going to win the FA Cup with Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U, etc.

Roll on West Ham.

Jofujofu said:
I've stuck my thoughts in after yours SeanyK, I don't know if anyone will agree, but thats my outlook! :)

Paul

I would agree, although in my opinion Bramble is first choice with Taylor. Bramble was excellent before he got injured at a time when the defence was playing very well. Nearly all the players played badly at the start of the season, Bramble has improved consistently since Pearson has been on board.

SeanyK said:
Injury wise

Parker?
Emre?

Jet said:
Really bad game tonight, we never got going, no-one got it under control and passed it properly. Nothing went our way...

SACK ROEDER!!!!!!11111 :rolleyes:

Apart from playing badly there are a few reasons why we lost.

2 games in 4 days, the Tottenham one being particulary tiring for young, inexperienced players. And we had to field the same team. Dyer looked knackered, as did Butt who was a shadow of his usual self. Pattison isn't good enough but is a 3rd choice left wing so that's understandable. Without midfielders pushing foward Martins and Sib had too much to do.

Their first goal was offside.

Once we got back in the game somewhat with Milners goal Taylor got sent off which made heads drop.

Our midfield has been strong lately which has made up for an inexperienced defence. But with Butt still ill, Dyer knackered and Parker, Emre, Duff, N'Zogbia injured it was too difficult.

I hardly think it was the worst performance of the season like, Sheff Utd was much worse. People seem to be forgetting our injury troubles have gotten worse, not better and we are still in the UEFA cup whilst moving up the Premiership.

This will be a blessing in disguise in some ways. With a full strength squad we can play in numerous competitions but not with the injury troubles. At least this way players will be fitter, rested and less likely to get injured. We were hardly going to win the FA Cup with Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U, etc.

Roll on West Ham.

How can you defend that abismal display !!! :confused:

2 games in 4 days.....but over the Christmas period teams has to play 4 games in 9 days, surely that's worst and everyone coped.

The reason Newcastle lost wasn't because they had kids nor they had injuries to key players (They still field the same side who beat spurs), it was because they played badly. You don't lose football matches solely because of injuries, unless you field the injured players. It's 11 fit players v another 11. The players didn't perform, put it down to tireness, inexperience whatever but at the end of the day. They got out played in everyway by a team in a lower divison, it wasn't even close in the end, even if you the first goal by birmingham was offside, it is still 4-1 not 1-1.

As for the manager deserved the sack, i don't think so, i think its one of those things you see in the FA cup. Some teams are just more up for it than others, clearly tonight Newcastle left their desires in the dressing room.

Raymond Lin said:
How can you defend that abismal display !!! :confused:

Because people were calling it the worst display including under Souness when it quite clearly wasn't. And where did I say we played anything other than bad?

We fielded the worst team for a while against Tottenham and had to play the exact same team tonight because of injuries.

2 games in 4 days.....but over the Christmas period teams has to play 4 games in 9 days, surely that's worst and everyone coped.

Erm, the difference being EVERYONE has to play more games. EVERYONE has a disadvantage.

No team in the Premiership had to play the same severely weakened team game after game.

Birmingham had 12 days of rest and preparation for this fixture, we had 3. And they're top of the Championship so hardly a bad team.

The reason Newcastle lost wasn't because they had kids nor they had injuries to key players (They still field the same side who beat spurs), it was because they played badly. You don't lose football matches solely because of injuries, unless you field the injured players. It's 11 fit players v another 11. The players didn't perform, put it down to tireness, inexperience whatever but at the end of the day. They got out played in everyway by a team in a lower divison, it wasn't even close in the end, even if you the first goal by birmingham was offside, it is still 4-1 not 1-1.

The reason we got beat is because we played badly. I said that :confused:

But there are always other factors that affect a performance including tiredness, inexperience, lack of quality, etc. We may have beat Spurs but it wasn't because we outplayed them. We were lucky but we had some energy. Therefore I fail to see how you can use the Tottenham game as a comparison.

Secondly it wasn't 11 fit players. Butt is clearly not fit and tiredness is a factor in fitness you know.

You can hardly say the first was offside but they scored 4 more. A goal changes a game completely. Heads can go down, etc, etc. Before you go quote happy read the top of my post again.

Raymond Lin said:
My point being you are saying they played badly due to this and that. I am saying, no matter what reasons they have before the game, they should've performed better on home ground. No excuse was good enough for a bad performance like that.

Fair enough. All i'm saying is we played terrible but stuff contributed to the loss.

If anyone thinks that a sending off, a tired and inexperienced youngster team and 11 injuries doesn't have an effect on any game you're a fool.

harper
carr bramble moore baba
duff parker emre zog
shola owen

Are injured team could beat most other teams for gods sake. Combine those two and you can appreciate why I can almost laugh with disbelief when SeanyK clearly thinks we should sack Roeder.

Jet said:
Fair enough. All i'm saying is we played terrible but stuff contributed to the loss.

If anyone thinks that a sending off, a tired and inexperienced youngster team and 11 injuries doesn't have an effect on any game you're a fool.

harper
carr bramble moore baba
duff parker emre zog
shola owen

Our injured team could beat most other teams for gods sake. Combine those two and you can appreciate why I can almost laugh with disbelief when SeanyK clearly thinks we should sack Roeder.

LOL 2 posts to reinforce my point :p

For the money they get, im sure they can handle 2 games in THREE days! The average wage they earn a weel is more than most earn a year!

Nowhere in my posts have I said sack Roeder.

I do still have my view, that he is NOT the man to take us forward though.

That WAS our worst performance, we were rubbish in EVERY department.
Our players could not pass, kept losing possession.
In fact, all we did was try to pass it back all the time!

You have good points, until you say you have Bramble as your first choice.

If you call a defender who might do alright for 3/4 of the game, then give a crucial mistake/goal away to make us lose the game a good choice, then clearly you need to watch his performances more to understand just how much a LIABILITY he is in the team.

Also, it IS the managers fault, that he plays Pattison on the left wing, when CLEARLY Luque is the better option, he is a left winger afterall, even though people claim he is a striker.
There is no time for grudges in important games, look what happened when Souness left Robert out of our UEFA cup game a couple of seasons ago...

Luque would have been FAR better than Pattison.

Last edited:
Be honest. You know money doesn't have anything to do with energy and tiredness right? A will to win only goes so far.

Ramage caused 2 of their goals today because of mistakes. Bramble WAS doing very well before he got injured. He gets singled out time and time again and it's extremely unfair.

I would have played Luque instead of Pattison as well, in an ideal world. Unfortunately this isn't an ideal world and clearly stuff is going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. Playing a player who doesn't try in training or whatever is a team spirit disaster. We shouldn't have problems like this once we have more players fit though.

Jet said:
Be honest. You know money doesn't have anything to do with energy and tiredness right? A will to win only goes so far.
They're professional athletes. I'm pretty sure they don't need days and days to recover from ninety minutes of running...

And Shearer's face was a picture at HT. Could amost see the veins popping out is neck. :p

Looks like Lucas Neill is heading to West Ham.. would have loved to see him sign for Newcastle.

Who would you like to see Newcastle sign in the Transfer Window?

Defenders: Upson? A.Ferdinand? Heinze?
Midfield?
Attackers?

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom