Newcastle Utd, Official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 legends on the radio tonight will be interesting..there will be a fair few angry callers I suspect

I only saw the last goal..but the defenders looked as if they had already given up as he ran through to score

the lads at work here who went said it was just a display with no fight...Brum wanted it more

Newcastle have three things going for them.

Number 1, and by far the most important, they pay big wages. I think Owen and Dyer earn more than £10m/year between them. Not a bad salary for lying on your back half the year.

Number 2, cost of living is probably quite low there, easy to buy a nice house etc I should imagine. But that's not really an issue for big name players anyway due to #1.

Number 3, they have a decent ground filled with some fairly loyal supporters.

HangTime said:
Newcastle have three things going for them.

Number 1, and by far the most important, they pay big wages. I think Owen and Dyer earn more than £10m/year between them. Not a bad salary for lying on your back half the year.

Number 2, cost of living is probably quite low there, easy to buy a nice house etc I should imagine. But that's not really an issue for big name players anyway due to #1.

Number 3, they have a decent ground filled with some fairly loyal supporters.

1: cant really afford to pay anyone else big wages though
2: cost of living isnt THAT low, and you'v got to find a nice house in the north east first, thats hard enough :p
3: ground filled with ANGRY ANGRY supporters, if the mags signed anyone knew the fans will want to see instant results, and that could pile a lot of pressure onto any new signings.

Burned_Alive said:
Not exactly a great point for an argument is it?

Seems like he took the high wages because he knew his career was on the line, he'll never be the same again

They would sign because we have the money.

Michael Owen is still regarded as one of the best strikers in the country. His form has been constant over his whole career. There seems to be some sort of myth that he's not the player he once was. The stats prove otherwise. If he had been given a proper chance at RM people wouldn't be so quick to write him off. He's been awesome for Newcastle and has been unlucky in injuries.

Anton Ferdinand - plays for a club that could realistically get relegated.
Matthew Upson - doesn't even play in the Premiership.
Heinze - 2nd to Evra and 3rd if Bale signs, he's on his way out.

They are not exactly going to be headhunted by Barcelona are they...

footballers CAN live like kings up here

Roy Keane had no problem finding a nice country estate..and thats what footballers cash buys you..not a house...an estate, stables, land, fishing, horses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom