Newcastle Utd, Official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
watched this, any we played well in the 2nd half, but were dreadful in the 1st, injury list getting longer is not a good thing at all, shame we didnt knick 3 points, iirc we could have gone 8th today, though imo that point today keeps our hopes of any sort of euro charge alive

I think this is potentially a great signing.

1, We haven't payed millions for him and he's on loan till the end of the season, if he doesn't work out no one will care.

2, Because of reason one the guy will have little pressure on him from fans etc.

3, He's 6'4, athletic, throws everything but the kitchen sink at you and has been linked with top clubs such as Chelsea, Real Madrid, Inter Milan, F.C. Porto, Olympique Lyonnais, Manchester United, PSV Eindhoven among others, if he does well surely we will be able to buy him?

Have to give it to Roeder all his singings so far have seem to be well thought out and he doesn't neccesarily look to spend millions straight away althought martins was 10M i'm sure you'll agree he's been well worth it so far and definatly one for the future at his age.

Last edited:
He was also voted the US Soccer Athlete of the year in 2006, which has to be a bonus. Personally I can't wait to see him play, although he hasn't yet been signed.

What do you guy's think of the links to babel and coloccini ?? i would like to see both at st james park but neither will happen ???

If sources are correct depo only wanted 2.7m for coloccini which isnt much for a international player capped 25 times , and babel looks a pacy winger-striker but the deal sounded like money + luque ajax arent that stupid .

Me goes looking for this american on fm2007 :D

Mlingard said:
If sources are correct depo only wanted 2.7m for coloccini which isnt much for a international player capped 25 times , and babel looks a pacy winger-striker but the deal sounded like money + luque ajax arent that stupid .
Newcastle are being stupid about signing Coloccini they are haggling over 1million lol, just buy him at 2.7m he won't ruin us, signings like luque will.

we should just dump luque on any1, he said he won't let him go onloan yet he doesn't even get on the bench when we are badly down on strikers, just doesn't make sense.

EasyG said:
we should just dump luque on any1, he said he won't let him go onloan yet he doesn't even get on the bench when we are badly down on strikers, just doesn't make sense.

I still dont believe luque has had a chance under roeder , maybe he doesnt train well and has a bad attitude who knows , thats the only reason i can think of why he doesnt get a game or two and i believe he wont do any worse than some of the crap performances seen by other newcastle players this season .

im one of the few that thinks that luque should be allowed a run in the 1st team, as in fairness he hasnt really had the chance, i admit he has been below par when he has played though. but with our injuries he should have been at least on the bench

anyhoo, im quite glad roeder is trying to loan a defender, il be pleased if he gets him, as at least then if its another boumsong we arnt going to lose loads of cash again, though if he's good we can attempt to sign him properly

again a loan striker makes good sense, as once owen is back, we can have shola and sibi as backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom