Newcastle Utd, Official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much happening today.

The Fat man is selling up, though he is staying on in the same position. This isn't as bad as it may sound as he'll basically be Ashley's bitch I reckon. So we are about to have a few Billion quid to give us some clout in the transfer market. :)

Joey Barton's deal is almost there, and while he has had problems in the past, I think he will be a very astute signing.

Mark Viduka has agreed a free transfer and, again, he's a player I've always admired. I think our strike force will be quite a challenge for opposing defenders next season.

Tal Ben Haim is apparently on the way too. I'll be honest, I don't know that much about him. He does sound like a good solid defender and definately would be a step in the right direction.

I'm sorry to see Scott Parker leave the club, I know he was below par last season but he is a cracking player. That performance when we beat Arsenal at home the other year was nothing short of amazing. The one where he got his teeth knocked in. It ranks for me as one of the gutsiest individual displays of bravery and passion I have ever seen. He was awesome. Anyway, I wish him all the best except when he plays against the Toon.

Another thing I'd like to say, is that I was a bit dissapointed when Big Sam got the job. I am starting to like him now. Everything he says and does in the media fills me with confidence, and he appears very motivated to do his very best for the club.

I actually feel excited for the coming season for the first time in years! Roll on August.

Heres a link to all the news as it comes in!

Paul

EDIT: Fat Freddy has just released a statement to Sky Sports News, and the new era can begin. I think he should be congratulated on the way he has handled this takeover, and for once he has stood by his words. A great day for NUFC! :)

Last edited:
McDaniel said:
In my defence, i am going to a Uni event so was gonna get drunk anyway - just more reason to now :)

Wish I had gone to Uni, it sounds like a laugh. :) I'm gonna get drunk again tonight again cos I've got 3 months off work and theres nothing else to do!

Bloody students etc...Traffic cones etc.. ;)

Paul

Jofujofu said:
Wish I had gone to Uni, it sounds like a laugh. :) I'm gonna get drunk again tonight again cos I've got 3 months off work and theres nothing else to do!

Bloody students etc...Traffic cones etc.. ;)

Paul

Im Alumni now - but going back for the ball, couldnt resist :D

/On Topic

What do you all make of Viduka and Barton possibly joining?

I dont rate Barton that highly and his attitude could cause problems.

Viduka is a good goal scorer but with Owen and Martins will he see much football?

Sorry McD, what does Alumni mean?

I've always liked Vidukas style of play, he's a good strong centre forward and he can show some flashes of brilliant skill. He's the perfect foil for Owen or Martins, and he'd be very handy to have on the bench. He's scored goals wherever he's been, and with Big Sams track record with older players he can only get better. Good signing I think. Especially for nothing! :) .

Barton I think is a cracking player. Gives everything for the team, an England international with a bit of a temper ;) . I think he'll relish playing at St James' Park, and this will bring out the best in him. He just wants to win, and thats a quality which was lacking last season. I know he's had behavioural problems but I'm sure Sam has told him if he messes up he'll be out the door. Again, Sams record with the likes of the horrible El Hadj Diouf (sp?), shows that he can get the best out of this sort of character. I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

Paul

Jofujofu said:
Sorry McD, what does Alumni mean?

I've always liked Vidukas style of play, he's a good strong centre forward and he can show some flashes of brilliant skill. He's the perfect foil for Owen or Martins, and he'd be very handy to have on the bench. He's scored goals wherever he's been, and with Big Sams track record with older players he can only get better. Good signing I think. Especially for nothing! :) .

Barton I think is a cracking player. Gives everything for the team, an England international with a bit of a temper ;) . I think he'll relish playing at St James' Park, and this will bring out the best in him. He just wants to win, and thats a quality which was lacking last season. I know he's had behavioural problems but I'm sure Sam has told him if he messes up he'll be out the door. Again, Sams record with the likes of the horrible El Hadj Diouf (sp?), shows that he can get the best out of this sort of character. I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

Paul

Alumni = Graduated basically.

I do hope Barton can do well, im just a bit nervous by him. Still i want to see some good defenders coming in!

Jofujofu said:

Paul

The takeover will set Newcastle up well. They have never really struggled to spend plenty of cash on players, the only difference now being that they wont have to put up with the debt when they become a waste of cash.

Viduka is a very good signing for you guys, and will provide good competition for the current two forwards.

As for Barton. £5.5m is a steal, but if he gets sent down he would be a complete waste of cash. Then again, thats nothing new for you guys at SJP is it :D

has luque gone yet or what !

him and bramble were the two i wanted rid of most, 1 down so far. i bet u sam hasn't even noticed luque yet cause every1 forgets about him cause hes done nothing.

Last edited:
EasyG said:
has luque gone yet or what !

him and bramble were the two i wanted rid of most, 1 down so far. i bet u sam hasn't even noticed luque yet cause every1 forgets about him cause hes done nothing.

I believe Luque is going on a season long loan to PSV or something. I'm sure I've read that somewhere, though nothing has been confirmed. The thing is, Luque used to be a superb player before he came to us, and I'm sure Sam will want a close look at him to see what he can do.

Paul

nah rename it to

Official better late then never newcastle united!

i like the changes sam is making i just hope the guy is rewarded and not sacked after 1 season, cause ashley has taken over and would probably want his own gaffer in.

so come on Sam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom