• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
While many other places seem to be getting cards weekly or even daily, OCUK hasn't had any for sale for over a month. What is going on?
I hope it's not a case of a pallet coming in and then going straight out to a bulk buyer.
We can't reliably control how many cards the website sells...at best the sync time between the website and our stock system is about 15 minutes and when traffic levels spike, it can be a lot, lot longer...this is what happened for the launch. Even the £2400 waterblocked 3090s we put up last week oversold.

We are sick of not being able to do 'our day jobs' due the hundreds of calls/webnote coming in every day from people waiting for stock. Therefore, pretty much every graphics card is off sale and will remain so until we can catch up on some of the backlog of orders.

It's not just graphics cards though, many CPUs are off sale, I suspended the sale of some key 3000 series based systems and I've refused to fully list Z590 until i've got reliable ETAs on stock. Basically, if it's likely to turn into a long pre-order queue, we aren't going to sell it. With that in mind, I hope you see why we can't put cards up for pre-order and we put cards up for sale when we only have a few units. Gibbo waits until he's got a decent chunk of a model before he puts it live.

This month, supply has been atrocious, so there simply isn't a 'decent chunk' of anything available.

Last edited:
OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
How fast are bots?

Make a list of people on the forum like a queue, pm those people when the cards are dropping, meh, I know it's a lot of effort.

I guess if the 300 units in the 3d printer section sold out in minutes you'll still get beaten.

Depends as a retailer how much they can be bothered, I guess 300 cards to miners is still £££.

Manual processes are impossible. We are three days behind on webnotes, we miss at least two thirds of all daily phone calls...who's going to do all of this manual work?

we do all we can to discourage large scale miners....captcha to weed out bots, all B2B sales suspended, cards strictly one per order, sales limited to mainland UK (most miners are overseas). Our cards oversell because of end user demand and because our website can't monitor stock instantaneously.

Associate
@melmac I dont see how fair that can be considering most of the forum members joined from the initial launch of the 3000 series card.
And those who cancelled 3080 to get a card sooner etc .

The whole point of it was to "reward" loyal customers/forum members who have been around for years as opposed to someone who's just joined in the last couple of weeks in the hopes of jumping the queue for a card.

I've been here on and off for over a decade, but I don't think I should be jumping the queue because I'm really not very active - let alone folk who have been around for less than a month with a couple of posts.

It was a nice one-off.

Associate
We can't reliably control how many cards the website sells...at best the sync time between the website and our stock system is about 15 minutes and when traffic levels spike, it can be a lot, lot longer...this is what happened for the launch. Even the £2400 waterblocked 3090s we put up last week oversold.

We are sick of not being able to do 'our day jobs' due the hundreds of calls/webnote coming in every day from people waiting for stock. Therefore, pretty much every graphics card is off sale and will remain so until we can catch up on some of the backlog of orders.

It's not just graphics cards though, many CPUs are off sale, I suspended the sale of some key 3000 series based systems and I've refused to fully list Z590 until i've got reliable ETAs on stock. Basically, if it's likely to turn into a long pre-order queue, we aren't going to sell it. With that in mind, I hope you see why we can't put cards up for pre-order and we put cards up for sale when we only have a few units. Gibbo waits until he's got a decent chunk of a model before he puts it live.

This month, supply has been atrocious, so there simply isn't a 'decent chunk' of anything available.

Sounds horrendous. I know the feeling of not being able to crack on with the 'real work' because of being bogged down by other things, not fun.

I wonder if in the long run it's worth trying to solve this problem in terms of the way the system works itself rather than just trying to catch up. Anyway, you all know your business best, so do what you think is best and good luck to you.

Associate
OP
So you class loyal customers as those that only create a forums account and post? Because clearly I've been buying from OCUK For best part of 5+ Years but never seen the point to create a post as I can find majority of the information already on here or Google only reason I asked is to get some sort of hint and clearly scottib has hinted their is very little stock so in otherwords their won't be a drop anytime soon maybe ner end of month but to me your logic is flawed :/

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I wonder if in the long run it's worth trying to solve this problem in terms of the way the system works itself rather than just trying to catch up. Anyway, you all know your business best, so do what you think is best and good luck to you.
We've been working on upgrades for three years, should be rolling out a load this year.
In fact I spent all day today, and am scheduled to be doing the same for the next two days, training on new internal systems.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
clearly scottib has hinted their is very little stock so in otherwords their won't be a drop anytime soon maybe ner end of month but to me your logic is flawed :/
Please don't take my word as golden on this, I'm not privy to all incoming graphics deliveries, only Asus, GB and MSI, and ultimately, it's Gibbo's decision when he puts stuff up for sale.

Associate
Manual processes are impossible. We are three days behind on webnotes, we miss at least two thirds of all daily phone calls...who's going to do all of this manual work?

we do all we can to discourage large scale miners....captcha to weed out bots, all B2B sales suspended, cards strictly one per order, sales limited to mainland UK (most miners are overseas). Our cards oversell because of end user demand and because our website can't monitor stock instantaneously.
If this pandemic has taught me anything it's that if I can't do the work, don't do it. Cancel the pre-orders. They should have been filled in a 'reasonable time' anyway. Delete the webnotes that mention GPUs. Don't take the calls about GPUs.

When life's a Beach you can afford to be an Ice Hole.

Associate
Something worth considering but probably won't put many people off might be upgrade bundles - CPU/board/ram/GPU? If nothing else it gets people spending more at the store? The graphics card situation is depressing for everyone it really is. I suppose we are lucky that nvidia is still honouring their MSRP on their founders cards. Surprised OCuk missed out on that gig or maybe just turned it down? It will hopefully settle down eventually.

Associate
Sadly with a phone call you have to answer the phone to know it's about a GPU which takes time anyway. I can imagine then if all you get at the end of the phone is a frustrated person moaning about a situation no one can change it gets a bit old rapidly. In that respect the staff have some of my sympathy.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
If this pandemic has taught me anything it's that if I can't do the work, don't do it. Cancel the pre-orders. They should have been filled in a 'reasonable time' anyway. Delete the webnotes that mention GPUs. Don't take the calls about GPUs.

When life's a Beach you can afford to be an Ice Hole.
That would be an easy way out butwe don't want to be "ice hole's" to those customers who are willing to wait.

Soldato
Has anyone seen the prices of GPU on OCUK lately? Why’ are you so excited about drops when they are the same as scalper prices and the latter can be bought readily.

:confused::confused::confused:

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Are they willing to wait if calling frequently? Most people don't know they're born.
I wouldn't want anyone to think that it's just GPUs.
We've got back orders on PSU, Cases, CPU, GPU, Gaming Chairs, coolers, fans, even bloody RGB Strips!!!
Right now, we have so many customers chasing vague ETAs, so we're not anxious to have even more customers on the 'wait train', which is why we've got so many things that are off sale.

Back
Top Bottom