• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
Looking at GTX 1080Ti Sold prices on the bay, you could easily side grade to the faster 6700XT (which seems much more available) and put pocket money towards a purchase

I guess that could be an option, even if just until the market gets back to normal next year... though it's not like my 1080ti is struggling yet, my main curiosity is to see ray tracing in games and see what difference it actually makes

Associate
I guess that could be an option, even if just until the market gets back to normal next year... though it's not like my 1080ti is struggling yet, my main curiosity is to see ray tracing in games and see what difference it actually makes

I too was watching for a 3080 (I had a G-sync monitor) but just couldn't come close to getting to websites on time to buy one, even with stock alerts. The 6800 XT was much easier to get at that point so I jumped on it and have no regrets. Outside of RT I suspect the difference between both cards will barely be noticeable, and while RT's interesting performance loss isn't a huge issue for me right now. Also bought a new Freesync monitor then a 5800X/B550. Completely unnecessary but the upgrade itch hit me hard! The 1080 Ti is still a fantastic card and I didn't NEED to upgrade as such but I am now playing a lot more games on my TV in 4K thanks to the upgrade.

Associate
I just pulled the trigger and got a 6700xt (a little bit more expensive then i wanted at £700). Already have a 2 co-workers bidding to buy my 1080ti so will get a small upgrade in speed and upgraded technology for ~£150.

I still might keep an eye out for a 3080ti as i suspect this will have much more long term appeal then the 6700xt.

Soldato
I just pulled the trigger and got a 6700xt (a little bit more expensive then i wanted at £700). Already have a 2 co-workers bidding to buy my 1080ti so will get a small upgrade in speed and upgraded technology for ~£150.

I still might keep an eye out for a 3080ti as i suspect this will have much more long term appeal then the 6700xt.

your work mates will pay £550 for your 1080ti?

Associate
Yep, it's a Gigabyte Gaming OC so fairly decent model, i feel a bit bad that i paid £580 for it back in 2017 and can sell it for £560 (to a coworker so not trying to exploit someone like going to an auction site) but then when i see the cost of new gfx cards i don't feel too bad.

Associate
Yep, it's a Gigabyte Gaming OC so fairly decent model, i feel a bit bad that i paid £580 for it back in 2017 and can sell it for £560 (to a coworker so not trying to exploit someone like going to an auction site) but then when i see the cost of new gfx cards i don't feel too bad.

In terms of feeling bad, that depends on how much of a mate a colleague was. Say it was someone at work who I got on with and is okay, but I only ever saw them at work and never socially, then I'd not feel too bad. If it was a mate who actually got me the job there we and go way back, I'd be cutting him a nice deal.

That's how I'd resolve any bad feelings :D

Associate
quite a few with green in stocks, saw the powercolor red dragon, red devil and the taichi. Really wanted the pulse but didnt see if that was in stock. They vanished quickly though...

Back
Top Bottom