Nexus 5 2015 refresh

Caporegime
Mobilefun stock the dbrand skins although cost a bit more iirc.

If you were to get one, I would just get it from the official website, it is the cheapest and you are very unlikely to have any problems.

Soldato
To fast charge is it genuine Nexus chargers only?

My understanding is that as long as you're using a USB-C to USB-C type charger then it should fast charge.

If you're using standard USB to USB-C, then (as long as current rating is high enough) it will still charge quickly, but won't show as true 'rapid charging' on the device.

I've just ordered various spare chargers recently, so might be able to confirm soon. I have been a little put off since ordering though, as there have apparently been some reports of problems when using anything other than official charger.

Would be interested to hear from anyone already using anything other than the genuine charger.

Soldato
It is an incredible camera, it picks up more detail than what I can see with my own eyes! :p

HDR+ for low light photos.

Saying that I use HDR+ for pretty much every scenario, google's HDR+ is the best there is imo, pretty much improves photos in all conditions and gives a natural untouched look unlike most other phones that are either over sharpened or/and have saturated colours etc. with "auto" settings.

Try to always use touch to focus as well, it helps especially with macro shots where you want a nice depth of field effect i.e.

Yeah the camera is very impressive. I'll keep meaning to play around with the settings a bit more, but when the pictures are so good right off the bat, I keep forgetting to see what I can play with to make them even better!

BTW what sort of battery life does everyone get with the 5X?

Pretty poor for me. Is probably the only downside I've found, as I barely seem to get a full day of 'normal' use. I wouldn't say that I'm a heavy user by any stretch, but maybe I have been getting a bit carried away with the camera use :)

Soldato
Bought one of these at the weekend as I was getting bored with my old phone, to say I'm impressed is an understatement! Great camera, screen is great and performance is excellent, only thing I was worried about was battery life but easily get 4hrs sot, I've rooted and now using elemental x kernel with ghost pepper profile so battery should get even better :)

Ordered the adopted case from Google for £7.50 too and hopefully it will be here tomorrow.

Associate
I have now had this phone a week, and I am very impressed. Great screen, snappy performance and stock android goodness.
Went to the coast last weekend with my 3yo and some of the photos this phone produced were truly stunning.

Only 2 gripes so far, and they are minor.
1. Had to install an app to send the photos to my Samsung tv. No option in the photos app to select player.
2. The contact images don't import into my car via Bluetooth. However, Installing an app fixed this as well.

Overall, very pleased.

Soldato
Well after having the 6P for 6 weeks or so and finding it too tall and a pain to pocket/carry I've gone for the 5x and its perfect. Weight wise I was expecting lighter according to the the reviews but I think the weight is great.

Camera is the same as the 6P so very pleased with the results, glad I swapped now, can't see me changing for a good while

Just need an ultra thin case and maybe a screen protector

Build quality is as good as the 6P although not metal of cause but I'm happy with that as the reduced weight and pocket size ..

2ldanh0.jpg

Soldato
For the chap who was asking about the oil staining issue. I had a black handset. And returned it to Amazon for a full refund due to the oil stain issue. It made the phone look rubbish.

Caporegime
I read about that the other day on reddit. Some are saying that google have changed the black plastic type, not 100% certain though.

And yeah, non-issue for me tbh, I have a case on mine atm and if I do take the case of, I'll probably get a dbrand skin as the phone is rather slippy naked.

Soldato
I read about that the other day on reddit. Some are saying that google have changed the black plastic type, not 100% certain though.

And yeah, non-issue for me tbh, I have a case on mine atm and if I do take the case of, I'll probably get a dbrand skin as the phone is rather slippy naked.

Lets hope they have, that was the only fault I had with it, mine also sadly went back. And on that subject, still got a white Spigen thin case if anyone wants it, free to a good home (used once for about 5 minutes to see if I wanted to use a case)

Soldato
So is it a design fault in some way?

Got a Spigen ultra thin cover coming for mine as it can be slippery in cold hands :D

In my opinion, yes. It was unacceptable. That's why it went back. Other than that I was happy with it. I hope they have changed the plastic. I've never seen any other phone absorb skin oil like this one. Minor issue I guess, but it did make it look grotty.

Back
Top Bottom