Nexus 5 leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
fuquzt.png

Looks similar but I hope its not true.

Soldato
It looks like it in as much as the camera is in roughly the same place but that's about it. Also as already pointed out, LG logo.

Soldato
A little smaller than the Nexus 4 :cool:, if the following is true:

Anandtech said:
Display diagonal is also listed as 126.0mm which works out to 4.96-inches diagonal for display, enough to warrant a Nexus 5 name, and a length and width of 131.9 mm x 68.2 mm.

Last edited:
Associate
Looks nice I just hope its a bit sturdier than the 4. My 4 was lovely to look at and a really nice design but far to fragile and only lasted 4 months before it was smashed. My other phones have usually made it past the year mark with multiple drops before showing any screen cracks. If this proves sturdy I may swap my 8X for one

Soldato
Why did everyone buy a Nexus 4 if the screen isn't great, the sound isn't great, the camera isn't great and the battery life isn't great?! :p

- The screen is great, one of the best available at the time of release. The only problem is the slightly washed out colours in comparison to OLED screens, but this can be adjusted anyway.

- The sound isn't great no, but who honestly cares about sound quality for phone speakers?

- The camera is great with good lighting, it's not great in low light situations, but then again almost every phone camera sucks in low light :p

- Battery life could be better but it's still good. It's never not lasted me more than 1 day with moderate use which is all I need. I imagine it would only be a problem for a consistent heavy user (i.e. Several hours of gaming per day, watching videos, lots of browsing, etc)

Glad to hear about the Nexus 5 but I'm perfectly happy with my N4 I don't need anything else from a phone at the moment :p

Caporegime
4.96 inch screen :( really wish they would make it 5.9. Our release a Nexus 7 that's has phone calling abilities

there is a point when phones do actually become too big.

i mean like when you struggle to hold it one handed, doesn't fit into a pocket easily, etc.

i think 5 inches is the max i would go, unless of course they bring out some foldable type phone thing in the future.

a nexus 7 being used as a phone would be ridiculous, and i have 2 nexus 7's so i'm not exactly someone who hates them.

great for games, e-books, browsing, etc. but as for using as a phone? no chance.

i like the size of the nexus 4 and i am prepared to go up to a 5" phone, people who own the iphone that say my phone is too big are retarded though, they only say that because iphone's have such small screens and don't offer a bigger version for the sheep to try out.

if you want one of those tablet phone things then buy one of them simples. those aren't directed at the mass market, whereas i believe the nexus phone range is trying to penetrate such a market.

Soldato
I used to have that mind set, then I used a galaxy mega, and then the note 8.0 with phone calling. Heaven

I used my N10 with O2's TU Go app. It was painful :(.

5" is pretty much the max to be honest, having a phone that's more comfortable in one hand compared to just about gripping feels more right when calling.

Go join O2 and use their TU Go app if you want to use the N7 as a phone :p.

Seems quite good if the phone is still around the N4's size, even with the bigger screen. It did look quite big in the man's hands though...

Soldato
- The sound isn't great no, but who honestly cares about sound quality for phone speakers?

- The camera is great with good lighting, it's not great in low light situations, but then again almost every phone camera sucks in low light :p

Sound matters to me. Sometimes i wouldn't even hear it ringing or when i get a message because the speaker isnt even that loud. Sometimes i will play games and watch YouTube and for that i want atleast a speaker which isnt low or just plain crap.

The vibrate motor isnt that powerful either. Its very weak, sometimes i wouldnt even hear it vibrate when it was on the desk infront of me.

The camera is utter crap. Even the S3's camera is better and that came out a year before it!

As for phones with bigger screens......I thought the S4's screen was HUGE but now it feels normal and ordinary. I prefer bigger screens....can do more, view more, watch more, more more more...

Last edited:
Soldato
N4's vibrate motor is set to 70% stock. 100% is better, sort of middle of the road.

Speaker is louder than some, but sounds poor. Annoyingly so. I'm certainly not going to argue that.

Camera is okay. Utter crap, no. Few phones have "great" cameras, I'd say the N4 is sufficient for occasional snaps.

As for bigger displays, that is purely a matter of preference. I've made my view clear on this (as have a few others), on both sides of the scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom