Nexus 5 leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It will probably match the GS4's battery life.

Given AMOLED screens eat batteries, it will almost certainly beat the GS4 screen on time.

2vt1a4x.png

Soldato
Given AMOLED screens eat batteries, it will almost certainly beat the GS4 screen on time.

2vt1a4x.png

Are we living in 2011? SAMOLED is pretty efficient now unless your sitting on a white screen all day on full brightness.

3-5hrs screen on time is what the GS4 achieves depending on what your doing.

With 300mAh less juice in the N5 it'll balance the scales. You can keep your benchmarks. edit - proves nothing about the efficiency of SAMOLED.

Last edited:
Soldato
Are we living in 2011? SAMOLED is pretty efficient now unless your sitting on a white screen all day on full brightness.

3-5hrs screen on time is what the GS4 achieves depending on what your doing.

With 300mAh less juice in the N5 it'll balance the scales. You can keep your benchmarks. edit - proves nothing about the efficiency of SAMOLED.

Why is it worse than the HTC One in that graph?

Yet when you do tests with the screen off (standby, cellular talk time, hotspot time) the rank suddenly reverses.

The 3G web browsing is also good on the GS4.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6914/samsung-galaxy-s-4-review/2

You tell me what causes wifi web browsing to be so bad, when the only major battery drain is the screen.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did they use the exact same browser? S4 is based on chrome, the other on AOSP. Software optimization makes a huge difference.

EECRg97.jpg.png

xOTTOL0.jpg.png

care to share why the Xperia Z did so miserably with an LCD screen?

How does a web browsing benchmark go on to dictate how good battery life is in all purpose general use? It doesn't.

Like I said it will probably average 3-5hrs screen on time just like the GS4.

The 3G web browsing is also good on the GS4.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6914/samsung-galaxy-s-4-review/2

You tell me what causes wifi web browsing to be so bad, when the only major battery drain is the screen.

Just goes to show how fickle that benchmark is - and benchmarks in general.

Soldato
Did they use the exact same browser? S4 is based on chrome, the other on AOSP. Software optimization makes a huge difference.

EECRg97.jpg.png

xOTTOL0.jpg.png

How does a web browsing benchmark go on to dictate how good battery life is in all purpose general use? It doesn't.

Just goes to show how fickle that benchmark is - and benchmarks in general.

Do gsmarena do all battery life tests at the same brightness? Anandtech do them at 200 nits.

Web browsing tests show us how efficient a screen is. That's what I was talking about. Ultimately the screen is very important for a lot of usage.

Last edited:
Soldato

SNIP

I was always surprised how the Z1 did so badly, its not just GSMarean it sucked everywhere for basically the same specs as the G2, I think its down to very bad software and their wired crappy screen tech they are trying to push everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom