*** Nexus 5 THE Official Thread ***

Soldato
Checked reserve and collect on Carphone warehouse for all my locals and there is no stock in any of them for SIM free. Is it better to just call them?

Good luck trying to call them!

Also, reserve and collect to me sounds like they have stock already (hence many stores show you can't do this) but then you get an e-mail saying to wait 2 days?

Does anyone know, I have one reserved, but it's a 40 minute journey into town, would they already have it if I went?

Soldato
Good luck trying to call them!

Also, reserve and collect to me sounds like they have stock already (hence many stores show you can't do this) but then you get an e-mail saying to wait 2 days?

Does anyone know, I have one reserved, but it's a 40 minute journey into town, would they already have it if I went?

There are 2 left in Mayfair as of right now.

Soldato
If it is anything like the Nexus 4 release then your order may not even change from pending till it lands on your door!
Haha. That happened to me. Got home a few days after ordering a Nexus 4 to find a package for me. Well it can't be my Nexus 4 because Google says that order is still pending. So what the flip is this package then? I've not ordered anything else, have I?

So I opens it up and it's my Nexus 4 that's still pending. :D Thanks Google. :p

Soldato
now now cmon don't start crying about ordering times and no dispatch.. expansys AFAIK is taking care of the dispatches.. so it's not google this time :o

Haha - Expansys - the same guys who made me wait A MONTH for a refund on a phone return, forcing me to get my bank involved to get my money back. We'll see if they can be trusted not to muck up deliveries...

Associate
What's the deal with the barcode sticker on the back? Looks ugly as.

Really not sure about this. I've ordered a 32gb white just to be on the safe side but I'm completely on the fence about whether to use it or stick with my HTC One at this point.

The camera might swing it though. I looked at some of my most recent holiday shots on my PC monitor last night. 4mpx really is not enough these days. Also it seems to have the 'purple problem' in low light now.

Soldato
Haha. That happened to me. Got home a few days after ordering a Nexus 4 to find a package for me. Well it can't be my Nexus 4 because Google says that order is still pending. So what the flip is this package then? I've not ordered anything else, have I?

So I opens it up and it's my Nexus 4 that's still pending. :D Thanks Google. :p

Haha, Exactly the same too & they even refunded me the money for a short while too.

I'm jealous I want one but funds don't allow it right now :(

Soldato
Just walk in and buy it - no-one round here apart from me is geek enough to want one today :D

To walk there would take a very long time! Even on the tube it would be close to an hour. I can't afford 2 hours out of the morning without knowing for sure I'd get one. It seems impossible to speak to ANYONE on the phone at CPW though...

Caporegime
What's the deal with the barcode sticker on the back? Looks ugly as.

first of all there is a clear protector on the back (as there is on the front).

second of all that barcode sticker is on top of said protector

third of all it has the imei number on it

i'm guessing this is so they can match them up to corresponding boxes quickly, etc.

anyway it easily peels off, so you can choose to keep their protector on it or not, but if you take their protector off it will come off with it.

this is how it worked with the nexus 4 also.

Associate
Can anyone confirm if you have to buy credit if you buy a sim free one from CPW ? Or is it easy to walk out having paid 295 for the phone and nothing else (assuming they have stock)

Soldato
first of all there is a clear protector on the back (as there is on the front).

second of all that barcode sticker is on top of said protector

third of all it has the imei number on it

i'm guessing this is so they can match them up to corresponding boxes quickly, etc.

anyway it easily peels off, so you can choose to keep their protector on it or not, but if you take their protector off it will come off with it.

this is how it worked with the nexus 4 also.

No protector on the back.... :confused:

Caporegime
Can anyone confirm if you have to buy credit if you buy a sim free one from CPW ? Or is it easy to walk out having paid 295 for the phone and nothing else (assuming they have stock)

you shouldn't need to buy credit for any sim free phone.

also since it's sim free why would you need credit?

only need to buy credit usually if it's locked therefore cheaper to buy in the first place as the service provider subsidises the costs.

Back
Top Bottom